I have a DTEK60.
    I used to expand the internal memory an old SD card that I want now to change for a new and much faster card.
    My idea is to transfer all the data actually in the SD card to the phone, remove the old SD card, insert the new one and set this new card as the additional memory of the phone.
    My problem is that I don´t know how to transfer the data from the SD card to the phone.
    Any other idea is welcome.
    Can somebody help me with this issue?
    05-18-17 03:28 PM
    You can't do what you're trying to do. You'd need to move the data off of the phone completely (NOT using the card you already have installed) until you free up enough space to un-adopt the SD card. The contents of the SD card will need to be erased (by it being formatted) when you remove it. It won't be usable until it's been formatted.
    05-18-17 03:40 PM
    If the existing card is adopted... I'd just backup the phone How to back up your Android phone or tablet: The ultimate guide | Android Central and then do a factory reset and start over...

Could try.... Go to Settings > Storage &] USB › Internal Storage, click on "Migrate data" to move your data back to internal - In case you do not have enough space left on internal to move everything back, here are some additional steps:
    1. Connect the phone to a PC via USB and back-up the contents of the old "adopted" SD Card
    2. Manually delete enough data from the old SD Card to be able to do the move: typically pictures and videos that you can easily restore afterwards
    3. Click on "Migrate data" in Settings > Storage & USB › Internal Storage
    4. Check that the old "adopted" SD Card is now empty (or even format it back to "Portable") then eject it
    5. Insert the new SD Card and set it up as "Internal storage" and agree to move the data to it
    6. Eventually reconnect the phone to the PC via USB to restore manually deleted data

Personally I don't like the whole adoptable storage that Android uses... SD Cards are not as fast or reliable as internal memory.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    05-18-17 03:56 PM
    Use The Mega app as your storage and you won't even need an SD card. Well maybe for your apps, that's all I use mine for, everything else I store on Mega. It's free and it offers a plethora of space.
    05-19-17 08:47 PM
    I have a DTEK60.
    I used to expand the internal memory an old SD card that I want now to change for a new and much faster card.
    My idea is to transfer all the data actually in the SD card to the phone, remove the old SD card, insert the new one and set this new card as the additional memory of the phone.
    My problem is that I don´t know how to transfer the data from the SD card to the phone.
    Any other idea is welcome.
    Can somebody help me with this issue?
    If it's really what you think, transfer data from the old SD card to Android , then transfer data to a new SD card from Andorid phone , it's complicated. I honestly can't help you ,
    In other words, you can transfer data from SD card (Or Android phone ) to computer , then after you replace the old SD card with a new one , you can transfer these data from computer to your Android , and thses data can be saved on the new SD card , i think this scheme works ,
    Source :https://www.mobiledic.com/android-to...-computer.html
    Last edited by Gnasker; 09-09-17 at 05:36 AM.
    09-05-17 04:22 AM