Hi guys, don't post here much but thought I'd share my DTEK60 story.
    My last 3 devices were Bold 9900, Z10 and Passport. I've had my Passport since launch and I have to say it was/is an amazing device. Unfortunately, the screen is starting to crack in the corners, it's really beat up (no case on it ever! best way to enjoy it IMO) and wanting to upgrade. I did not like the PRIV and at the time the only other offering was the DTEK50 which lacked the specs I wanted which in that case I would just keep the Passport or buy a fresh new one (Silver Edition!).
    Around this time, Apple announced the iPhone 7 and decided to end my long relationship with BlackBerry. I even posted about it but Blaze quickly killed it.
    /blackberry-passport-f434/adios-amigos-1088121/

So..while I'm waiting for my Jet Black, 256GB, $1200 iPhone (after Applecare and taxes)...THE DTEK60 WAS ANNOUNCED AND WENT ON SALE!
    I thought about it a lot, checked reviews and demos online and I was liking it a lot.
    The price of the DTEK60 is also very handsome compared to what I was prepared to drop on the 7+.
    I kept trying to find reasons to stick with the iPhone but it was very difficult the more I looked into the DTEK60 and after borrowing my friends iPhone and playing around with its email client and realizing it simply wasn't gonna cut it for me, I finally made up my mind.

The next day I payed a visit to the BlackBerry retail store here in NYC, checked it out in person, bought it with the same bundle offered by BlackBerry on their site as promo (free case rapid charger) and CANCELLED MY IPHONE PRE-ORDER ON THE SPOT with the Blackberry rep as my witness! (And he got a kick out of it)

Also important to note that I never owned an Android device so set up and initial experience was overwhelming to say the least.
    It's true..BB10 and even iOS are much more simpler and straight forward. Android seems to give users tons of options and I'm not sure I like that much. That's obviously very subjective but who knows, time will tell and I might have different opinions the more I get used to it.

The hub is obviously more fluid and purpose built on BB10 but I have to say I will not miss it much. Blackberry did an excellent job with their launcher, hub and Productivity Tab.
    One thing I already know I'll miss is the battery life. DTEK60 battery is not bad but nothing compares to the Passport 's... (the king of battery life!)

Another thing I noticed is I can't just manually plug in my work email without a certificate like I did on my Passport so I will need to call my IT dept to set it up. That's it! Overall really happy with my choice!How the DTEK60 helped me cancel my iPhone 7 Plus pre-order-1477868848399.jpg
    Last edited by kasedillz; 10-31-16 at 10:48 PM.
    falbo, FF22, gritsinct and 21 others like this.
    10-30-16 06:16 PM
    That big BlackBerry box is fancy.

Posted via CB10
    kasedillz and Mirko935 like this.
    10-30-16 06:21 PM
    That big BlackBerry box is fancy.

Posted via CB10
    It's a shopping bag 😝
    bigedschukar likes this.
    10-30-16 06:23 PM
    So..while I'm waiting for my Jet Black, 256GB, $1200 iPhone (after Applecare and taxes)...
    Let's all take a moment to soak that in... (holy expensive pocket computer, Batman!)
    10-30-16 06:51 PM
    I wish there were more BlackBerry pop up stores. I want to see the Dtek60 in person!
    10-30-16 06:51 PM
    Let's all take a moment to soak that in... (holy expensive pocket computer, Batman!)
    Yup, almost the price of a MacBook Pro
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    10-30-16 07:20 PM
    I wish there were more BlackBerry pop up stores. I want to see the Dtek60 in person!
    I'm shocked that they even have this one! It's definitely nice to be able to demo the devices in person
    10-30-16 07:21 PM
    Do i say welcome back or glad you ditched the overrated iPhone lol. Either way i happy with my dtek60 and glad you got ur self one
    kasedillz likes this.
    10-30-16 11:06 PM
    I have no idea how someone can pay $1200 for a phone, especially an apple product which is pretty the same as its predecessors with minor changes. I am glad you got the dtek60 it's a really nice phone.
    10-30-16 11:07 PM
    Dtek 60 is really a nice phone with wonderful specifications..Best of luck to you for your right decision..
    10-31-16 02:09 AM
    Nice shopping bag, cool story.
    10-31-16 02:26 AM
    I wish there were more pop up in Europe I wanna compare and even buy i dont know priv or DTEK60?
    congrats glad for your new beauty good job!
    10-31-16 03:44 AM
    Good choice OP. $1,200 is expensive. I don't understand how people pay that kind of money for iPhone. its insane!
    10-31-16 08:18 AM
    Wow, congrats.
    10-31-16 09:09 AM
    I live in NYC too. So they have a demo at Bloomfield's mall? I so badly wanna see it, even though mine is being delivered tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    kasedillz likes this.
    10-31-16 09:23 AM
    You guys are lucky. Here in Nigeria, there are no BlackBerry stores ( not even one, only independent /private stores who take nearly 1 year after devices are released to stock devices). All I have is demo and review videos to even know what the phone looks like.

Posted via CB10
    z3user likes this.
    10-31-16 09:42 AM
    It's interesting to read people say that paying $1,200 is insane for a phone. It's not any more insane then the same people buying each and every BlackBerry that hits the streets. How many people bought the DTEK50 90 days ago only to now buy the DTEK60. That's insane. Or maybe it's not. How you spend you're money is up to you.
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-31-16 11:49 AM
    You guys are lucky. Here in Nigeria, there are no BlackBerry stores ( not even one, only independent /private stores who take nearly 1 year after devices are released to stock devices). All I have is demo and review videos to even know what the phone looks like.

Posted via CB10
    If it makes you feel any better, there is none even in Ottawa, that is capital city of Canada. :-( lol
    10-31-16 12:25 PM
    love Android. you will too!
    10-31-16 12:38 PM
    Why not buy every BlackBerry? With BlackBerry you can have two for the Price of an App le . That means you'll have a backup and not have to pay for extra waranty. One with PKB one without and with swappable Micro SD card and that is only a couple reasons. I have other Apple products but would never buy their iPhone especially when it cost as much as my MacBook.
    I can go on but I'll leave that for another post.
    Live Life and Diehard BlackBerry Fan.....
    tommytheb likes this.
    10-31-16 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here in El Salvador we have no BlackBerry stores, and no one here cares about BlackBerry anymore, so there are no retailers with Blackberry phones available. I bought the DTEK50 and sent it to a relative in NY and he sent it to me. I'm planning to buy the DTEK60, reviews for me are good enough. Once I have the money I'll get the 60.
    10-31-16 01:49 PM
    It's interesting to read people say that paying $1,200 is insane for a phone. It's not any more insane then the same people buying each and every BlackBerry that hits the streets. How many people bought the DTEK50 90 days ago only to now buy the DTEK60. That's insane. Or maybe it's not. How you spend you're money is up to you.
    Well. I pre-ordered the DTEK50 and I'm planning to get the DTEK60 very soon, however, I'm not going to be using two devices. I'll be giving the DTEK50 to one of my brothers, or maybe sell it.
    10-31-16 01:51 PM
    I live in NYC too. So they have a demo at Bloomfield's mall? I so badly wanna see it, even though mine is being delivered tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    It's in the Brookfield Place mall... walk in through the Vesey Street entrance and you'll see it straight ahead towards the back by the terrace exit
    10-31-16 10:45 PM
    Enjoy the new baby. One day a big BlackBerry Box will nicely sit on my table!
    11-01-16 01:02 PM
    There's only one in the U.S., in NYC, and it's only a pop-up store, i.e. not permanent.
    11-01-16 01:33 PM
30 12