I keep getting annoying calls from a number and no one is there when I answer. How do I block this number on my DTEK 60? I do not see a block feature in the stock phone app.
    12-19-17 11:41 AM
    Create a contact with the number on it (you can put multiple numbers on one, of course) and then modify it and set "all calls to voicemail."
    00stryder and ErnieH like this.
    12-19-17 12:35 PM
    Create a contact with the number on it (you can put multiple numbers on one, of course) and then modify it and set "all calls to voicemail."
    That's a smart idea!
    12-19-17 12:36 PM
    Thanks.... is there not a way to just have them not even call you? I know some Android phones have a Block feature. Not sure how it / the blocking actually works.
    12-19-17 12:41 PM
    That's what it basically does -- it will not ring at all, but will divert the call to voicemail.

"Block" (that some devices do) instantly answers and hangs up. "Divert to voicemail" is actually superior in that "answer and hang up" can charge you for one minute -- not a problem if local and on an unlimited calling plan, but ruinous if you're roaming and get banged for $2/call for that "one minute" pickup/hangup!
    12-19-17 01:05 PM
    Of course there is the standard answer.....there are apps for that.
    12-19-17 01:14 PM
    The Contacts app will eventually run out of slots for phone numbers for a given contact (I think it's 6 or 8 or something like that) so when I run out I start a new one. I have "X-Spammer-1"...... etc and all are set "All calls to voicemail."

You can try to spam me exactly once. If you call and I don't recognize the number I toss it to voicemail. If you don't leave a message within a couple of minutes I add you to that list and you never to ring my phone again.
    12-19-17 01:53 PM