I have had a Blackberry D-tek 60 for a few weeks now.

For the life of me, I can not manage to copy / highlight text within a SMS text message - eg. when clients send me their name or give me information, which I need to copy and paste into my address book or calendar (or sometimes, both).

Short click on a word does not highlight it. A long click only allows me to highlight the entire message.

So far, I am highlighting the entire message with a long click and then copy+paste into address book/calendar ... then ... deleting the parts that are not necessary etc.

Surely, there should be an easier way to just highlight what I need?
    08-28-17 07:42 AM
    I think with SMS it is all or nothing. Android's app its called "messages". But I wonder if there may be a third party substitute? I've been in the same boat many times myself having to copy the entire text and then cutting out the parts I need.
    08-28-17 08:16 AM
    I use Textra but have the same annoying issue, unfortunately.
    08-28-17 02:50 PM
    Here's a work a round

Copy the message that contains the part you want to copy. Paste that message back into the new text field as if you're preparing a new message. With the BlackBerry Keyboard insert feature you can drag-select and copy only the text you want.
    08-30-17 11:22 AM
    Much better editing functionality in BB10. Because BlackBerry always understood that some of us use our phones for professional written communication, not just to Instagram our desert choices!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-30-17 11:24 AM
    Much better editing functionality in BB10. Because BlackBerry always understood that some of us use our phones for professional written communication, not just to Instagram our desert choices!

No doubt about that! But are you able to select copy a SMS message? I honestly don't remember.
    08-30-17 02:54 PM
    I thought I could, because I knew I'd done it in the past, but it turns out that I can only do it for my SENT messages. For messages I receive, I can only copy the entire message in BB10.

Often at conferences, I text message many customers and prospects each morning to let them know which sessions I'll be attending and when I'll be at different display booths. When I do that, I copy and paste part of one SMS message to reuse it. But that for messages I had sent.

Sorry for the confusion.
    08-31-17 07:35 AM