So I've got the auto "backup my data" selection on but how the heck do I make a back up or know when one has been made?
    I want to ensure I have a recent back up done before doing a system upgrade.
    12-17-16 01:28 PM
    Go to the Google Drive app (if you have it) and to the backup section. You have all the backuped app data, settings etc. listed there.
    12-17-16 02:20 PM
    Yes that's where I've set it to "on" but I don't see anywhere I can do a manual backup or see when the last one was done.?
    12-17-16 02:27 PM
    So I've got the auto "backup my data" selection on but how the heck do I make a back up or know when one has been made?
    I want to ensure I have a recent back up done before doing a system upgrade.
    Go to to Settings > Backup & Reset. Nake sure you have the backup account set, and that "Back up my data" is on.
    12-17-16 03:19 PM
    Go to to Settings > Backup & Reset. Nake sure you have the backup account set, and that "Back up my data" is on.
    So one of us isn't understanding ....that is exactly what I have done, but that doesn't answer if there is a way of doing a manual backup or knowing when the last one was done.
    12-17-16 05:10 PM
    So one of us isn't understanding ....that is exactly what I have done, but that doesn't answer if there is a way of doing a manual backup or knowing when the last one was done.
    Google Drive tells you when the last backup was made for each app and other things as well.

As far as I know, there isn't an option for manual backup using only this.

You can make manual backups of some things with MyBackup, but app data requires root, as does Titanium Backup, so that won't help you.

If you want to do a manual full backup, including app data, you can use adb (never tried this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work):
    How to Backup Your Entire Android Device to PC
    Last edited by Mirko935; 12-20-16 at 01:31 AM.
    12-18-16 08:28 AM
    Okay pretty simple. Go to the Drive select the 3 bars to the left of My Drive and scroll down to backups. You will see the latest backup file in your Drive. That's it.
    12-19-16 08:15 PM
    adb works but you must use the --nosystem switch.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    12-19-16 08:42 PM
    adb works but you must use the --nosystem switch.
    Good to know. Thanks.
    12-20-16 01:31 AM