I have a D-tek 60
    I have seen the D-tek 50 video about the Smart Keyboard use and tried all I could to look at language and input / BlackBerry keyboard settings...
    For some reason, if I purposely mis-spell a word (eg. using slang) I can not just click on it and add to dictionary, as per video demo.
    When highlighting a word which is underlined, all I get is cut/paste/copy and three dots.
    The three dots give me only share / translate as options. No suggested alternatives, and certainly no option to add the word to my dictionary.

Am I doing something wrong?
    09-06-17 03:14 PM
    If you know which words you would like to add, you need to do it in the phone Settings.

The BlackBerry Keyboard can correct typing errors and automatically predict words or emojis that you are likely to type.
    You can adjust how often the BlackBerry Keyboard corrects your typing, edit your personal dictionary, delete or block words from your learned words list (the words that BlackBerry Keyboard learns from accessing other apps on your device, such as the Contacts app and the BlackBerry Hub), and add words to your restricted words list (the words that are never used to correct your typing). Updating these lists can help the BlackBerry Keyboard accurately predict and correct text.
    Click link -> Change prediction and correction settings
    09-06-17 04:38 PM
    thank you for your reply.
    does anyone know if there is a difference between Dtek 50 and 60 in this regard?

The tutorial video, and your own link (above) seem to suggest:
    "As you type, the BlackBerry Keyboard underlines words that are spelled incorrectly so that you can correct them. If the BlackBerry Keyboard underlines a word that is spelled correctly (for example, a proper name), you can tap the word and then tap Add to dictionary. The BlackBerry Keyboard does not underline this word in the future."

However, as I explained, this is not what happens to me, on my Dtek 60... no option to add to dictionary nor drop-down suggestions.

Strangely, however, if I press the space bar, and then the backspace , I get a large PLUS sign, which does allow me to ADD to dictionary... which is odd ... Still, no suggested alternatives as per Dtek 50 video and the link - http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa...884796037.html
    Last edited by manulike; 09-07-17 at 03:24 AM.
    09-07-17 03:12 AM
    it's a bug when typing emails. it works correctly everywhere else, even in the title of the email just not in the body.
    09-07-17 06:01 AM
    Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
    I tried using it as a SMS text message, and it KINDA works.
    Still, at least for me, the drop-down menu only shows the first option, but I can't manage to see the other options, as they are hidden behind my actual keyboard.
    if I press the triangle to hide the keyboard, the list disappeares ...

one more query, please.
    is there a easy / guaranteed way of using the WHITE option that appears immediately above the space bar? I find that I need to be very precise, as 3/4 times I end up with the correction on the space bar, instead of the white preferred word.

Thanks again :+)
    09-07-17 09:42 AM