For the most part switching over from BB10 to Android has been pretty much ok but I am stumped when it comes to photos and albums and moving pics around in my DTEK60 because I guess my mind is stuck in BB10 thinking.

I took the SD card from my Passport which had all of my photos and albums on it and put it into the DTEK60. My problem now is that I for the life of me can not figure out how to take pictures that I have taken with the 60 in the past few days and move them into my original albums.

When I open up the Photos Icon the photos are all there but I dont see my albums unless I go to the three bars on the top left side and click on it. Then it shows me my information and under that it shows Shared, Device Folders Trash etc etc. If I cliick on the Device folders I find my original albums and also my recently taken photos. If I go and select a couple of my recently taken photos I can not figure out how to move then into my preexisting folders.

Am I going off in the wrong direction or is this just something that I can not do on an android???
    11-01-16 11:28 AM
    I have no idea as I'm still using my trusty BB10 device. But I thought one of the issues with Android is that it doesn't have a native file manager the way BB10 did. So I think you need to use an app in order to facilitate this. I thought I read about folks suggesting EZ explorer (or something like that).
    11-01-16 11:46 AM
    Install any file manager from play store, then find photos you want to move and copy them to DCIM/Camera or wherever your blackberry is saving them.
    11-01-16 01:03 PM
    Well I should know by now that if left alone long enough I will figure it out. It wasn't an Android problem after all but just trying to figure out how the app worked which I did. Thanks for your replys.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 04:35 PM
    Well I should know by now that if left alone long enough I will figure it out. It wasn't an Android problem after all but just trying to figure out how the app worked which I did. Thanks for your replys.

Posted via CB10
    Asus file manager or Solid Explorer seem to be the two favourite file manager apps
    11-01-16 05:53 PM
    Hi:

Glad you figured out how to use the photos app!

Now maybe you could take a few minutes to tell the rest of us how you did that, because I'm still at a loss!!

After much thrashing and cursing, Content Transfer moved the photos from my Z10 to my new DTEK50 (even if it took a while to find where the DTEK50 had stashed them) but the file structure - the albums, as you discovered - was not transferred. I planned to use the time on a Trans Atlantic flight to recreate the albums and move the photos into them but no dice.
    It appears you have to be connected to the Internet to even create an album! No idea why that should be the case.

Also can't figure out half the stuff on the new phone. Has anyone found a good 'primer' for the DTEK phones?

I miss my Z10...

Thanks in advance!

Jim
    02-21-17 08:36 AM
    If you've had the google picture update you should find it more like that on bb10. In the three dots ( when in albums) there is now an option for 'move to folder'. Made it loads better.
    02-21-17 09:38 AM