So my dtek60 started having some issues and I'm not sure if it's hardware or the software.
    1) a couple apps on my home screen were greyed out. When I tried to open them it said the app wouldn't open. I then deleted and tried to reinstall, but the play store couldn't download them. It was also unable to download the updates for a few apps.

2) I use google music for my podcasts and today I was unable to download anything or even play something without downloading it.

3) my camera/photos app isn't working. I can take a picture, but it isn't saving to the photos app or anywhere else.

4) google maps says I'm offline? But I never changed any settings there.

5) instagram videos won't play

Anyone else had issues like this all at once?
    02-09-18 07:56 AM
    I'd clear the device cache.....

Next I'd do a Factory Restore.....
    02-09-18 08:01 AM
    Drolo I've noticed the grayed out apps are dependent on online connectivity. So with my Dtek 60 it usually only happens briefly and it doesn't last more than a few minutes just long enough for the phone to register it's getting network connection then the grayed apps turn there normal color and I can use them again.
    02-09-18 09:51 AM
    My DTEK 60 also had greyed out icons. Seemed like Google Play store was updating one of my apps (don't remember which one now) a few days ago. Wasn't able to finish downloading the update. Exited Google Play store and noticed a large number of my app icons were grayed out.

Suspected the phone wasn't recognizing my SD card since some of my apps are stored on the SD card instead of internal memory. But checked and some apps on the SD card were fine.

Tried to download a grayed out app and download failed. There was a link to troubleshoot. Followed those steps without luck. Then clicked the link for other suggestions which took me to this link: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../7512202?hl=en

Tried all those steps without luck (although I wasn't able to remove and re-add my Google account, said my administrator prohibited that (its not managed, so its probably a setting I did a long time ago)).

So I did a factory reset based on the info from this page: https://help.blackberry.com/en/dtek6...901885230.html

It is in the process of updating apps now, which is taking a while. But a couple of the apps that were grayed out aren't showing in Google Play under either the Updates or Installed tabs. Once everything is updated, I'll go to the Library tab and attempt to reinstall these apps.

After the factory reset, it is complaining that it can't access my SD card. I'll look into that later (but it was recognizing the SD card before the reset since I was able to see files and pictures that were stored there).

I'll update this post once I have more to report.

Good luck! Bill
    02-09-18 01:14 PM
    Google Play store is working again for me after the Factory Reset. I should have stressed above that before doing the reset I used the BlackBerry Content Transfer app to back up all my BB data from the BB10 Passport I migrated from months earlier. Without doing this, I would have lost a bunch of my data. To backup your DTEK60, run the app and say it is your previous device. To restore to your DTEK60, run the app and say it is your new device.

The SD card error remains: This device doesn't support this SanDisk SD card. To use this SanDisk SD card with this device, you have to set it up first. Then gives option to set up as either a Portable Device or to use as Internal Storage. Either way I'm guessing it is going to format my card. So I'll try to back up the data to my PC before doing this step.

Factory Resets are NOT FUN. Lose all those customizations you set up over the last couple of months and have to set up some apps again. Really wish Google and/or BlackBerry would solve the backup/restore issues on Android. BB10 was so much smoother.

Good luck! Bill
    02-09-18 05:13 PM
    Quick follow up. Attempted for format the card in the phone but it failed. Put the SD card in an adapter and inserted into PC and it didn't recognize an SD card. So guessing the card got corrupted somehow.

Just purchased a new SD card and the phone sees it. However plugging my phone into the PC via USB and it is not showing the SD card as being available. Used to be able to do this - that is how I copied MP3s etc to the phone.

I'll keep working on this and if there is anything new I'll post it.

Thanks! Bill
    02-21-18 07:08 PM
    Quick follow up. Attempted for format the card in the phone but it failed. Put the SD card in an adapter and inserted into PC and it didn't recognize an SD card. So guessing the card got corrupted somehow.

Just purchased a new SD card and the phone sees it. However plugging my phone into the PC via USB and it is not showing the SD card as being available. Used to be able to do this - that is how I copied MP3s etc to the phone.

I'll keep working on this and if there is anything new I'll post it.

Thanks! Bill
    What is the SD card Setup as ? Internal or Portable Storage? Also, did you select the 'Transfer Files' option in the usb Notification on your device when the device connected to the PC through USB?
    02-21-18 11:17 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was checking my PC for notification. Once I checked my phone I was able to transfer files to it.

I appreciate the tip.

Thanks! Bill
    02-24-18 12:56 PM