Does anyone have any idea as to how to turn the wake lock off of google play services on the Dtek60? I've found a whole bunch of different settings, but not one allows me to turn off the wake lock.
    11-15-16 11:10 PM
    There is no real universal fix for it. Sometimes a reboot will fix it. Sometimes it just goes away on it's own. Sometimes you have to hire an exorcist. Sometimes installing a new app will kick it out of it. Sometimes uninstalling an old app will kick it out of it. You can Google around, try 10,000 different things and still not have it work or... it could work right the first try.

You get the point.
    11-15-16 11:27 PM
    Got it, thanks!
    11-15-16 11:33 PM
    No wakelock on Google Play Services = no realtime push messaging in apps that use Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). At least until the app is migrated to Firebase Cloud Messaging. Even though Firebase is more powerfull because it supports cross plattform messaging it has the disadvantage that you need to run an own messaging server that connects to the Firebase Cloud. That may slow down migration.

Reference:

Google Cloud Messaging:
    https://developers.google.com/cloud-...android/client

Firebase Cloud Messaging:
    https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/
    11-16-16 03:07 AM
    Does it drain your battery more than it should? If it doesn't, no need to worry about it. Anyhow, without a way of becoming root (which will probably never happen with these phones) there is no sure way to get rid of the wakelock.
    11-17-16 05:07 AM
    Does it drain your battery more than it should? If it doesn't, no need to worry about it. Anyhow, without a way of becoming root (which will probably never happen with these phones) there is no sure way to get rid of the wakelock.
    Actually it does not even show up on the list of apps significantly using my battery. I had googled the issue before even looking at my battery usage. Thanks.
    11-17-16 11:52 AM
    It should NOT be wakelocking the phone on a continual basis.

This is what my usage graph looks like for today -- yes, the phone wakes up a lot, but it's not locked on -- which is why my battery performance is pretty decent.
    Attached Thumbnails Google Play Services - turn off wake lock?-2016-11-17-20.31.27.jpg  
    11-17-16 02:31 PM
    There is no wake lock. It's just permanently excluded from doze mode.
    11-17-16 05:39 PM