Most Secure Android Phone | Android Central

According to Android Central the Pixel is the most secure Android smartphone.

They list both the PRIV and the DTEK50 in their Article - so I would assume the DTEK60 would just fall in line ahead of the PRIV due to its better specs.

"Two things keep the Priv from being our overall best choice � Android platform updates don't come as quickly as we would like, and BlackBerry isn't very transparent when it comes to the things they do to further harden Android. Monthly updates for existing and potential security issues come the first Monday of every month, and we have no reason to doubt BlackBerry's commitment to security � we just shouldn't have to take their word."

But then they go on to say that BlackBerry is first to release the updates even before Google publishes the update bulletin.....
    11-08-16 09:47 AM
    Similar topic has been posted before , I'll search for it
    11-08-16 09:51 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ecure-1087748/ <-- They just updated it to say Pixel.
    11-08-16 09:51 AM
    11-08-16 09:53 AM
    Hmmm! Wasn't BlackBerry the first to patch the QuadRooter vulnerabilities! And patched all of them!
    11-08-16 10:12 AM
    Anyone who understands the hardware security blackberry ads to their devices knows putting the pixel or nexus higher is inaccurate. But its android central...what do you expect
    11-08-16 10:22 AM
    It seems that Android 7 has still a lot of security issues and lot of them are patched in september and oktober but there are still issues, but lesser than all these android devices that are not from google or BlackBerry where BlackBerry has a hard kernel and earlier update's. Must say price wise and security are in my opinion a BlackBerry choice over a google device, but both are preferable but you wanted more control and more security in hardware also then still BlackBerry is a better choice.
    11-08-16 12:36 PM
    I think there is no such thing as "most secure" phone. Phones that get security patches periodically may have some advantage over others, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker, I think. Just don't turn on developer options, unknown sources and don't agree to install an app that pops up when browsing the web
    11-09-16 01:40 AM
    I don't buy blackberry for the security,

I buy it because they make rare looking innovative devices with first class software.

Reality check people. Android in general is not safe. No such thing as a safe device these days.
    11-09-16 04:01 AM
    I don't buy blackberry for the security,

I buy it because they make rare looking innovative devices with first class software.

Reality check people. Android in general is not safe. No such thing as a safe device these days.
    Same. The keyboard, HUB are why I bought.

I may buy another phone next time if I can just download the software.
    11-09-16 07:06 AM