12-07-17 08:40 PM
30 12
tools
    So first day trying to use the phone since supposedly the battery was replaced (while I wait for the new one to show up....). Doubt the battery was replaced. Still shuts off at 21% -41%. Still getting max of 2-3 hours use.

SBE Canada is a complete and utter joke.

The repair order says software updated as well, yet it was still on September when I got it back. So either these phones have an OS problem, or SBE does F-all and ships them back.
    I had a similar experience with SBE Canada, the sub contractor hired by Alcatel to "fix" their phones in this country.

The first "Repair form" indicated that they had done a "Software upgrade." This was a lie since when they returned the phone October 24th, the Android version was still 6.0.1, and the September upgrade was still waiting to be downloaded.

If you Google SBE Canada, you will discover that their own Web site indicates that they specialize in "repair avoidance" and " triage" for multiple electronics manufacturers. The Better Business Bureau of Canada has given them an "F" for Fail. There are complaints listed on the site.

I have sent my DTEK60 back to SBE a second time, but doubt they will do anything.

Legal action is next.
    11-18-17 09:24 AM
    Question for everyone that sent their phones in. When you got it back, was anything on it missing? Pictures, videos, apps?

I ask because in the past I read threads where people reloaded the OS, and it fixed the problem when uninstall/reinstalling apps didn't fix it.
    11-20-17 02:52 AM
    Question for everyone that sent their phones in. When you got it back, was anything on it missing? Pictures, videos, apps?

I ask because in the past I read threads where people reloaded the OS, and it fixed the problem when uninstall/reinstalling apps didn't fix it.
    When I got mine back it had been completely reloaded and DTEK was VERY unhappy with integrity (probably due to some diag software they loaded on it that violated the OS "rules" and checksums.) I hard reset it immediately on receipt, of course.
    11-20-17 08:21 AM
    So first day trying to use the phone since supposedly the battery was replaced (while I wait for the new one to show up....). Doubt the battery was replaced. Still shuts off at 21% -41%. Still getting max of 2-3 hours use.

SBE Canada is a complete and utter joke.

The repair order says software updated as well, yet it was still on September when I got it back. So either these phones have an OS problem, or SBE does F-all and ships them back.
    I had EXACTLY the same experience with the Canadian "Alcatel Repair Centre" (SBE Canada).

After about ten months of use, the battery in my DTEK60 would only last two hours, and shut down at 25% charge.

The BBMo support was a nightmare, and when I finally got my Fedex label, I sent it in to SBE Canada.

They kept my DTEK60 for nearly three weeks, and returned the device having down nothing. The Repair Form indicated they had done a "Software update," which was a lie since Android 6.0.1 was still indicated in the settings, and when I turned on the phone, I still had to download the latest update myself.

The battery still drained in two hours, so I have sent back my DTEK60 a second time. It's been over three weeks, and no reply....

Note that SBE Canada has been given an "F" for "Fail" by the Better Business Bureau; you can check for yourself on line.

SBE Canada itself brags in their corporate website that they help clients like Alcatel "avoid repairs."

What a joke.
    12-07-17 07:09 PM
    Mine was wiped and dtek said it was corrupt as well. did a wipe, all good.

I wiped it before I sent it or for obvious reasons.
    12-07-17 08:40 PM
30 12