I don't know what to do. My battery life has gotten significantly worse since I last posted.

I've deleted apps. Always close them when not in had. Turned down screen brightness. 15 timeout.

Yet now I don't even get two hours per charge.

Spoke with BlackBerry (or whoever is handling tech support for this phone). They had me run some diagnostics. Send them logs. And they said everything is working normal.

Help! This phone shouldn't run like this. I want a replacement. It's less than a year old. It's like six months.

What's a die hard BlackBerry lover to do??
    Last edited by lcgoldman; 10-29-17 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
    10-29-17 06:12 PM
    turn off Facebook gps permission in dtek program, insane amount of requests. Instagram also a battery hog on dtek60 phones.
    10-29-17 06:38 PM
    I am not sure if it is low quality batteries in the Dteks but my Priv battery life last longer than my 60. Priv goes all day without a top off charge. I have no social media sites and I turned off location services on my 60. it still will drain fast. I usually charge 60 during the day to stay afloat. I have parked the 60 in the drawer and will use Priv until I make a move in 2018 on a Motion, Juno or BE Keyone. Plus Priv is on latest security patch and the 60 is not... another reason to sit it down.

I hope Keyone's that was purchased in early summer do not suffer from battery drain soon... if so, I would definitely have to question the quality of components TCL uses in their phones.
    10-29-17 08:09 PM
    I think there is something wrong with the original Dtek batteries. I just had mine replaced under warranty and it's a whole new phone. battery is 3x better than before.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-29-17 08:37 PM
    I don't know what to do. My battery life has gotten significantly worse since I last posted.

I've deleted apps. Always close them when not in had. Turned down screen brightness. 15 timeout.

Spoke with BlackBerry (or whoever is handling tech support for this phone). They had me run some diagnostics. Send them logs. And they said everything is working normal.

Help! This phone shouldn't run like this. I want a replacement. It's less than a year old. It's like six months.

I would contact them again and say you are not satisfied with their reply. Mine was doing what yours is doing and I did the test and they replaced my phone
    10-29-17 11:46 PM
    I'm in the same boat. lost 2% while writing this short message. went from 100 to 87 in last 20 min with no use.
    10-30-17 06:13 AM
    I think it's the battery issue with all DTEK 60. Most of them ARE facing it. I've mailed optiemus in India for battery repair under warranty since they're the official BlackBerry supplier for India. Even google can't find operating BlackBerry service in India.. meh
    10-30-17 01:35 PM

I had the same problem; battery lasted only two hours after charging after only ten months of use. BlackBerry / Alcatel help line had me do diagnostics, which showed rapid battery drain. Sent in phone for repair; waiting on results....
    10-31-17 02:30 PM
    I am not sure if it is low quality batteries in the Dteks but my Priv battery life last longer than my 60. Priv goes all day without a top off charge. I have no social media sites and I turned off location services on my 60. it still will drain fast. I usually charge 60 during the day to stay afloat. I have parked the 60 in the drawer and will use Priv until I make a move in 2018 on a Motion, Juno or BE Keyone. Plus Priv is on latest security patch and the 60 is not... another reason to sit it down.

I hope Keyone's that was purchased in early summer do not suffer from battery drain soon... if so, I would definitely have to question the quality of components TCL uses in their phones.
    I agree. My two year old PRIV has great battery that lasts 12 hours easily. DTEK60 battery drains after only two hours.

I contacted BlackBerry / Alcatel help line, and they had me do diagnostics, which showed rapid battery drain. Sent in phone for repair; waiting on results....
    10-31-17 02:31 PM
    I think there is something wrong with the original Dtek batteries. I just had mine replaced under warranty and it's a whole new phone. battery is 3x better than before.
    I agree; Alcatel batteries are poor quality.
    10-31-17 02:31 PM
    I agree; Alcatel batteries are poor quality.
    Where's your DTEK60? Any update?
    10-31-17 02:33 PM
    I'm trying support route again with shopblackberry where I purchased the phone from.
    11-01-17 04:32 PM
    my battery is terrible too. Pandora for an hour brings me down to about 74%. That seems a little excessive on the battery
    11-01-17 10:38 PM
    They gave me an RMA and FedEx Shipping label. My phone arrived at the Texas repair center yesterday. They said I should receive it back in five to six business days.

Until then I'm using my old Z10.
    11-07-17 08:40 PM
    They gave me an RMA and FedEx Shipping label. My phone arrived at the Texas repair center yesterday. They said I should receive it back in five to six business days.

Until then I'm using my old Z10.
    They'll probably send it out today or tomorrow; if you have your address registered with UPS for status updates it'll show up on their page (or app) before you get the confirmation back from them...
    11-08-17 09:51 AM
    I'm in the same boat. lost 2% while writing this short message. went from 100 to 87 in last 20 min with no use.
    Same here. DTEK60 batteries are defective.
    11-08-17 07:05 PM
    I think it's the battery issue with all DTEK 60. Most of them ARE facing it. I've mailed optiemus in India for battery repair under warranty since they're the official BlackBerry supplier for India. Even google can't find operating BlackBerry service in India.. meh
    Same here in Canada. The BlackBerry - Alcatel Repair Centre refuses to solve the Batteyr problem. They returned my DTEK60 after three weeks and had done nothing. Battery still drains in two hours.

Have to now file a law suit.
    11-08-17 07:07 PM
    Where's your DTEK60? Any update?
    The BlackBerry - Alcatel Repair Centre sent back my DTEK60 after three weeks and had done nothing; the battery still drains in two hours.
    11-08-17 07:08 PM
    my battery is terrible too. Pandora for an hour brings me down to about 74%. That seems a little excessive on the battery
    It seems hat many of us at having problems with the DTEK60 battery.
    11-08-17 07:09 PM
    I'm happy to say my phone came back on Thursday. Three days earlier than I expected.

And after two days I'm excited to report that I'm now getting more than a full day on each charge.

I'm so glad I sent it for repair.

Fingers crossed it stays this good. It's lasting much longer than when it was brand new too!
    11-11-17 08:48 PM
    I'm happy to say my phone came back on Thursday. Three days earlier than I expected.

And after two days I'm excited to report that I'm now getting more than a full day on each charge.

I'm so glad I sent it for repair.

Fingers crossed it stays this good. It's lasting much longer than when it was brand new too!
    To be honest, the battery isn't lasting as long as it did the first two days. But getting about eight hours now on a charge.
    11-14-17 09:55 AM
    hmm much be a batch thing. I've gone through 3, dropped and broke one(digitizer) and scratched the heck out of another so I got rid of it because it was annoying. and This is the 3rd one.. usually get through a day fine without topping off but usually under 15% by time i get home.
    11-14-17 10:30 AM
    Well, I got my phone back today.... Can't say I'm too happy. They did replace the battery and the bottom PCB assembly (USB charge port was not gripping cables on one side) which also included the bottom speaker, but they didn't replace the top speaker (which was/is crackling and popping really badly when talking to any male), they scratched/gouged the bottom rear edge of the back cover, and also didn't glue it back on (eventhough the invoice shows the parts used include the new stickers) and it fell off once i took the phone out of the box.

Called the repair center, and they verified they didn't in fact replace the top earpiece speaker (eventhough the case with blackberry and the note I left in the box/on the phone listed it as an issue), and the rep said I need to call BlackBerry to open another ticket before I can send it back. Great service. So I called BlackBerry, and an hour later completed the process for an OTC exchange for a new device (supposedly).

We will see how that goes and how long it takes. I'll update if/when the new device comes.
    11-16-17 02:25 PM
    Well, I got my phone back today.... Can't say I'm too happy. They did replace the battery and the bottom PCB assembly (USB charge port was not gripping cables on one side) which also included the bottom speaker, but they didn't replace the top speaker (which was/is crackling and popping really badly when talking to any male), they scratched/gouged the bottom rear edge of the back cover, and also didn't glue it back on (eventhough the invoice shows the parts used include the new stickers) and it fell off once i took the phone out of the box.

Called the repair center, and they verified they didn't in fact replace the top earpiece speaker (eventhough the case with blackberry and the note I left in the box/on the phone listed it as an issue), and the rep said I need to call BlackBerry to open another ticket before I can send it back. Great service. So I called BlackBerry, and an hour later completed the process for an OTC exchange for a new device (supposedly).

We will see how that goes and how long it takes. I'll update if/when the new device comes.
    I had a similar experience; I had to send my DTEK60 back to the Alcatel-BlackBerry Repair Centre because the first time they did nothing. Battery still discharges within two hours.

Apparently it's risky to try and replace the battery in the DTEK60 since the glass and metal casing components are glued together, making it difficult to open and close the device without damaging it.
    11-16-17 08:14 PM
    So first day trying to use the phone since supposedly the battery was replaced (while I wait for the new one to show up....). Doubt the battery was replaced. Still shuts off at 21% -41%. Still getting max of 2-3 hours use.

SBE Canada is a complete and utter joke.

The repair order says software updated as well, yet it was still on September when I got it back. So either these phones have an OS problem, or SBE does F-all and ships them back.
    11-18-17 03:01 AM
30 12