Those two actions will be chosen between based on the screen lock status. But not when the screen is completely off!

I personally have 'toggle flashlight' for the locked state and '"toggle" Privacy Shade' for the unblocked state.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    04-22-18 07:06 PM
    Those two actions will be chosen between based on the screen lock status. But not when the screen is completely off!

I personally have 'toggle flashlight' for the locked state and '"toggle" Privacy Shade' for the unblocked state.
    Would you mind talking us through your setup for the kids at home? ☺
    moonflyer likes this.
    04-23-18 11:44 AM
    Would you mind talking us through your setup for the kids at home? ☺
    I am now a bit too lazy to write the FULL step-by-step guide, so I leave here a few milestones:
    1) the "feature" is unavailable in the interface and undocumented. It is based on how BBry-droid stores the action selected for the convenience button, so one day it might just disappear at best (aka you are acting on your own risk);
    2) use the SetEdit app or any other equivalent to note down strings that are used as descriptions of actions of your choice and the state of supporting flags (the necessary variables names start from bbry_convenience_ in "Secure Table");
    3) grant SetEdit permission to write to system tables (USB Debug mode --> adb, see the exact command in SetEdit);
    4) change variables to suit your needs;
    5) the last, but not least - FORGET ABOUT CHANGING THE SETTING FROM UI in the future if you selected different actions for locked and unlocked states like me .

In short - this is it. Also, TCL might just introduce this process to UI, just to make things simpler, as the functionality is already implemented long ago.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    04-23-18 07:27 PM
    I am now a bit too lazy to write the FULL step-by-step guide, so I leave here a few milestones:
    1) the "feature" is unavailable in the interface and undocumented. It is based on how BBry-droid stores the action selected for the convenience button, so one day it might just disappear at best (aka you are acting on your own risk);
    2) use the SetEdit app or any other equivalent to note down strings that are used as descriptions of actions of your choice and the state of supporting flags (the necessary variables names start from bbry_convenience_ in "Secure Table");
    3) grant SetEdit permission to write to system tables (USB Debug mode --> adb, see the exact command in SetEdit);
    4) change variables to suit your needs;
    5) the last, but not least - FORGET ABOUT CHANGING THE SETTING FROM UI in the future if you selected different actions for locked and unlocked states like me .

In short - this is it. Also, TCL might just introduce this process to UI, just to make things simpler, as the functionality is already implemented long ago.
    Very nice job! Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I will set up mine following your steps. I'm sure others will benefit too!
    04-24-18 12:06 PM
    Very nice job! Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I will set up mine following your steps. I'm sure others will benefit too!
    Or, maybe, TCL will add the option into OS. It will be a lot easier for me as well.
    coffee-turtle and RK_BB like this.
    04-25-18 05:11 AM