Meh. Gorilla Glass, Dragon Glass, Unicorn Glass. It just helps a bit.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-02-17 01:34 PM
    Very few BlackBerry phones have had gorilla glass. I think the classic and the passport are the only two that do.

It is a hardened glass though, and obviously cracking from a drop is to be expected. Samsung phones always have the latest gorilla glass and their screens break just as easily.

Posted via CB10
    Priv has Gorilla Glass 4...
    02-06-17 08:59 PM
    Are people with this issue people that had the device from back when it was released? I'm hoping it is a production issue that will be fixed by the time I get one..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 02:24 AM
    It's not scratch resistant...
    Already have two small scratches on mine.
    02-07-17 02:58 AM
    It's not scratch resistant...
    Already have two small scratches on mine.
    Yes it is.

Scratch resistant isn't the same as scratch proof.
    02-07-17 06:27 AM
    True. Marketing material always said 'scratch resistant' without saying Gorilla Glass, so probably a less expensive alternative. I don't like screen protectors either but would put one on the DTEK60 because I like the phone and am seriously considering switching to one.
    02-07-17 08:17 AM
    I saw people having trouble finding a glass screen protector.. are the plastic ones enough to protect it?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 05:17 AM
    It's hard for you to say that, not knowing anything about my phone or how I treat it. Anyway, the screen is clearly cheaply made, or I have a batch problem, but lots on this site seem to have it. BlackBerry acknowledged this to me in email, but refused to fix it.
    02-08-17 04:28 PM
    You won't have any problems finding tempered glass or plastic ones. I'm using a tempered from amazon at the moment and have some on way from ebay. I was using plastic ones before but after I cracked the screen slightly I switched to tempered glass and an incipio case. Just got my phone back from BlackBerry.

To answer your question, glass or plastic they are mostly the same where you will have spaces due to the curved edges. For me it is not an issue because the dualpro case is raised ever so slightly to keep display off any surface when face down
    Front glass not scratch-proof on DTEK60?-img_20170208_173432_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 04:52 PM
    So, I know this is just like my opinion, man... but if you are going to be fussy about tiny scratches on your screen, you have absolutely no reason to not use a screen protector.

If you put them on properly (not to say that's an entirely effortless task), they are almost invisible and feel just as smooth as the screen itself. Then, after a year or so when you want to get rid of your "tiny scratches" you have the satisfaction of peeling it off and handling your pristine device, before you put on another screen protector.

*Pro tips for perfect installation:

Use scotch tape. Use it to form a 'handle' on the front of the protector when applying it so that you can get it perfectly aligned and not have to worry about fingerprints getting under it along the edges.

Use a credit card or something similar to push any air bubbles towards the outside edges and out.

If you do have any tiny dust particles underneath, don't worry - everything is not lost. Use another piece of tape to pull up the protector from the corner nearest to the area you need to touch up. Then, use another piece of tape 'sticky-side-up' to remove the dust from the screen protector, then lay it back down and admire how 'perfect' it looks!
    JJonPB and VeniceBB like this.
    02-08-17 05:35 PM
    The PRIV has Gorilla Glass 4 I believe
    02-17-17 11:17 AM
    Very few BlackBerry phones have had gorilla glass. I think the classic and the passport are the only two that do.

It is a hardened glass though, and obviously cracking from a drop is to be expected. Samsung phones always have the latest gorilla glass and their screens break just as easily.

Posted via CB10
    My Priv does, lol. GG4 FTW!
    02-18-17 01:19 AM
37 12