I must say, setting up email accounts on the DTEK60, and I guess I would say for Android in general, is ******** compared to doing it on BlackBerry. I used to just put in the email address and password, regardless of what domain my email account was on and BlackBerry figured it out.

Now I had to futz around with server names? OMG, thank goodness I have an IT background. After a few hours I somehow finally got all my accounts set up.

Only to find out a few hours later that the non-Gmail accounts weren't showing up in the Hub. I had to re-add those accounts... remembering server names and ports. Ugh!

I was having lots of buyers remorse for all those hours. But I'm sure in a few days I will learn and remember where everything is, and how to get to it, and I will be a happy camper again.
    03-04-17 06:04 AM
    I don't think you'll get any disagreement from anyone here that the Android OS feels unpolished compared to BB10 or iOS but you will like the device....alot. The ability to customize the look and feel of your device makes up for some of that, and there's plenty to like about the dtek60.

I don't recall setting up my 4 email accounts a chore. I did create an app specific password to use an icloud account with gmail on the device though. That was the only extra step I took to set the device up.
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-04-17 12:30 PM
    I felt the same. Still feel this way about a few things. There's pros and cons, unfortunately the passport and BlackBerry 10 are just very very good out of the box, so it makes android a bit of a pain to get set up how youd like it.
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-04-17 12:39 PM
    I don't think you'll get any disagreement from anyone here that the Android OS feels unpolished compared to BB10 or iOS but you will like the device....alot. The ability to customize the look and feel of your device makes up for some of that, and there's plenty to like about the dtek60.

I don't recall setting up my 4 email accounts a chore. I did create an app specific password to use an icloud account with gmail on the device though. That was the only extra step I took to set the device up.
    Once I put in the server settings I was able to set up the other accounts that I wanted to.

I'm sure it will just take a few days to get used to and my muscle memory will be retrained.
    03-04-17 01:13 PM
    I loved the PP but when I got hold of a leap, the VKB was for me brilliant, and that alone pushed me to move to the 60.

My PP always got admired when using, the 60 is another smart phone if you see what I mean.
    03-05-17 07:26 AM