...is the glass back of the DTEK60:

Moved from Passport to Priv earlier this year and found myself with no real complaint (and actually really really loving it), but the super-slippery glass back of the DTEK60 is ...weird and baffling. Sure, any device should probably have a protective case - but making the phone particularly difficult to manage naked with one average-sized hand is not progressive IMO. Now just waiting for my case to arrive so I can seriously use it.

(facepalm)
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    12-24-16 07:35 PM
    Well... the most popular device on earth is possibly more slippery than a fish in water, the iPhone. So maybe they thought it would help...

Posted via CB10
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-25-16 01:34 AM

Moved from Passport to Priv earlier this year and found myself with no real complaint (and actually really really loving it), but the super-slippery glass back of the DTEK60 is ...weird and baffling. Sure, any device should probably have a protective case - but making the phone particularly difficult to manage naked with one average-sized hand is not progressive IMO. Now just waiting for my case to arrive so I can seriously use it.

(facepalm)
    I find the grippy skins you can buy the best solution.
    12-25-16 04:39 AM
    Buy a skin from UKarbon.
    They come in many different colors, fit like a glove, phone gets much less slippery, quality is outstanding, easy to install & to remove, and do not add bulk (it's like applying a protective foil or similar, not at all like a Shell or case, and preserves the original shape of the phone). You can get them in green, red, blue, black, wood, leather, carbon optics and much more.
    I purchased the 'black leather' version for my dtek60 and couldn't be happier.
    nathan62969 and FF22 like this.
    12-25-16 12:22 PM
    I also wonder just how durable the back is - if it's glass-ish, can it crack (with or without a skin)?
    12-25-16 12:57 PM
    Cracking is definitely possible, just Google it. Biggest thing for me so far is just some random scratches on it.
    12-25-16 01:23 PM
    Yeah I don't understand the appeal of a glass back. Do they want us to be able to use it as a mirror as well?

Posted via CB10
    nova_8 and andy957 like this.
    12-25-16 01:31 PM
    Also have the Ukarbon sticky carbon skin and no issues anymore with a slippery back. Also use the incipio case on occasion.
    12-25-16 07:21 PM
    Buy a skin from UKarbon.
    They come in many different colors, fit like a glove, phone gets much less slippery, quality is outstanding, easy to install & to remove, and do not add bulk (it's like applying a protective foil or similar, not at all like a Shell or case, and preserves the original shape of the phone). You can get them in green, red, blue, black, wood, leather, carbon optics and much more.
    I purchased the 'black leather' version for my dtek60 and couldn't be happier.
    Would you mind uploading a photo of it?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 10:28 PM
    First Post-BB10 Grief...-img_0206.jpg
    ErnieH, FF22 and andy957 like this.
    12-26-16 06:52 AM
    ...reminds me of the back of my beloved Bold 9000 from 2009
    12-26-16 06:54 AM
    I have the Incipio Duo. Fits perfect and doesn't add too much bulk. I like the feel of the material used on the case, and I wanted something that will protect the phone if it fell. Too expensive to replace this device.
    12-26-16 09:46 AM

(facepalm)
    Never used the I phone 4S......lol
    12-26-16 01:17 PM
    Wait, is the camera lens covered?
    12-26-16 03:50 PM

(facepalm)
    "Sure, any device should probably have a protective case"

Negative. I always use my phones naked. I usually demand that the devices I spend money on be well made. What point would the metal frame be if I put a case on it and only get to feel the plastic of the case the entire time I have the device?

I hope the Mercury will have a grippy back, not planning on getting a case for that either.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-26-16 03:58 PM
    Wait, is the camera lens covered?
    Of course not!
    It's just the bezel around the lens that you get a cap for, made of the same material as the skin - or they even make it in a totally different color or texture, on request. And, you can put it on, or not, if you don't want to. I decided to apply it, as I think it looks kinda cool.
    12-26-16 04:41 PM
    Of course not!
    It's just the bezel around the lens that you get a cap for, made of the same material as the skin - or they even make it in a totally different color or texture, on request. And, you can put it on, or not, if you don't want to. I decided to apply it, as I think it looks kinda cool.
    I would be too nervous. The glue from the skin could rub off close to or on the lens.
    12-26-16 04:42 PM
    I would be too nervous. The glue from the skin could rub off close to or on the lens.
    There is no glue.
    Remember post it notes? They stick but can be removed without residues. The basic material is manufactured by the same company that invented the stuff that makes post it notes stick. This skin is based upon the same principle.

Now don't ask if the skin will come off as easily as a sticky note. It won't. It 'sticks' dead certain. Until you peel it off, if you want to.
    12-26-16 04:53 PM
    Post-It notes have a glue-like material at the top of the sheet. What do you think keeps the pad together? A magnet? LOL
    12-26-16 07:16 PM
    I've used plenty of UKarbon skins. I can confirm that they DO NOT leave any residue when removed. Not sure what the adhesive is but it's unlike anything I've seen before. It's a great product.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 07:31 PM
    Post-It notes have a glue-like material at the top of the sheet. What do you think keeps the pad together? A magnet? LOL
    I recommend you to inform yourself about this technology before making such false assumptions.

But hey, if you rather just want to believe in preconceived opinions, not my problem. I'm using the product already, and it's great, and I recommend it. Whoever doesn't want to believe me, I honestly don't care.
    12-26-16 07:45 PM