I somehow really miss the blackberry legacy OS experience and specifically BB7. Nothing can compare to the agility of that OS
    I think it's the no-nonsense simplicity of BB7 that appeals. I feel the same about my Nokia E6 with Symbian Anna; it was just perfect, as long as you didn't go and "update" to Belle which was crapola of the highest order on that device but I digress.

Hope you get the phone soon, looking forward to your review! I ordered Priv a few days ago, still waiting and might be in for a longish wait, sufficient time to get my head turned and go for the 60 instead.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 06:10 PM
    I somehow really miss the blackberry legacy OS experience and specifically BB7. Nothing can compare to the agility of that OS

In some respects, it is too sophisticated for mass adoption today. Most people want a simple OS with no learning curve. Eloquence has no place in today's superficial society. An example is the myriad of sales reps coming into my business using an IPhone as their principal communication device. They're using it because it's the most popular, not the most effective.
    11-30-16 07:35 PM
    Still waiting for a shipping confirmation and I ordered this thing Tuesday!! Perhaps blackberry has been exhausted of their original stock of DTEK60'S already and mine it coming fresh from China lol. Seriously though not sure what's taking so long, I usually receive the device in 1 business day at my location.
    12-02-16 12:51 AM
    Still waiting for a shipping confirmation and I ordered this thing Tuesday!! Perhaps blackberry has been exhausted of their original stock of DTEK60'S already and mine it coming fresh from China lol. Seriously though not sure what's taking so long, I usually receive the device in 1 business day at my location.
    Where are you ordering from?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 05:40 AM
    Where are you ordering from?

Posted via CB10
    ShopBlackberry
    12-02-16 09:44 AM
    Well I pulled the trigger last week and bought the dtek60 direct from BlackBerry. Paid $650.00 can. My first impression was wow very sleek!

So where do I start. First I have been a BlackBerry fan since the bold. Had pearl, torch, Z10, two Z30's. Loved the bb10 operating system. Figured the detek would be the best of both worlds. Wrong!

The new phone has a micro Sim, no big deal my provider supplied me one at no charge. Now to backup all my contacts, texts, chats etc.

BlackBerry Link doesn't work with the dtek60. OK so most of my files are on an SD card so not worried about those. Used Content Transfer app on both phones but would only allow me to send to the cloud. Well 6 hours later and I have my contacts transferred. My last 3500 texts, (i had over 16,000).

Set up my email accounts and downloaded messages no problem from two accounts, synced my personal and exchange calendars no problem.

Put in my SD card and it wouldn't read it. Did some research and found I had to install a driver for the card. Never had to do that on my Z's. Now the SD card is mounted some of my folders are not visible. Put the card back in the Z and they are there. Not sure why the dtek60 doesn't see them. Renamed one missing folder using the Z and now it shows up in the dtek60. That folder contains some word, Excell and PowerPoint files. The Dtek60 has no native file browser as the Z did. Install a third party app, actually two of them. The first sucked. Now I try to open a Word doc. Guess what, no native app to view word, Excell or PowerPoint docs. The z had Docs to go and it did all of those. Back to the playstore. Download Word, Excell and PowerPoint apps. They are free but nag you with adds. If you want to remove the adds you have to subscribe to a yearly fee for each!

Whatsapp was not pre-installed nor is Skype. Installed whatsapp but lost all my chat history. When I went from the z10 to both z30 that didn't happen.

I have several paid apps that I had installed on the Z from BlackBerry World. Now I have to pay again to install the android versions from the playstore.

The new charge Port is USBc so I had to go purchase $100.00 worth of cables to replace the other locations I charge the phone. Bedroom, living room, Shop, office and car. The charge Port is on the bottom right so the phone doesn't sit in my existing cradle in my truck now so I guess I'll have to look for another.

I'm not a fan of the glass back, it's too slippery. Slides off the armchair arm. It came with a free silicone protector and I ordered the belt holster. Of course if the case is on the phone it won't fit in the stock holster. Another waste of $60.00.

This is my first day and my battery is at 40% after just 3-1/2 hours. Better improve!

So I guess you could say I'm not too impressed so far.
    12-02-16 11:29 AM
    Well I pulled the trigger last week and bought the dtek60 direct from BlackBerry. Paid $650.00 can. My first impression was wow very sleek!

So where do I start. First I have been a BlackBerry fan since the bold. Had pearl, torch, Z10, two Z30's. Loved the bb10 operating system. Figured the detek would be the best of both worlds. Wrong!

The new phone has a micro Sim, no big deal my provider supplied me one at no charge. Now to backup all my contacts, texts, chats etc.

BlackBerry Link doesn't work with the dtek60. OK so most of my files are on an SD card so not worried about those. Used Content Transfer app on both phones but would only allow me to send to the cloud. Well 6 hours later and I have my contacts transferred. My last 3500 texts, (i had over 16,000).

Set up my email accounts and downloaded messages no problem from two accounts, synced my personal and exchange calendars no problem.

Put in my SD card and it wouldn't read it. Did some research and found I had to install a driver for the card. Never had to do that on my Z's. Now the SD card is mounted some of my folders are not visible. Put the card back in the Z and they are there. Not sure why the dtek60 doesn't see them. Renamed one missing folder using the Z and now it shows up in the dtek60. That folder contains some word, Excell and PowerPoint files. The Dtek60 has no native file browser as the Z did. Install a third party app, actually two of them. The first sucked. Now I try to open a Word doc. Guess what, no native app to view word, Excell or PowerPoint docs. The z had Docs to go and it did all of those. Back to the playstore. Download Word, Excell and PowerPoint apps. They are free but nag you with adds. If you want to remove the adds you have to subscribe to a yearly fee for each!

Whatsapp was not pre-installed nor is Skype. Installed whatsapp but lost all my chat history. When I went from the z10 to both z30 that didn't happen.

I have several paid apps that I had installed on the Z from BlackBerry World. Now I have to pay again to install the android versions from the playstore.

The new charge Port is USBc so I had to go purchase $100.00 worth of cables to replace the other locations I charge the phone. Bedroom, living room, Shop, office and car. The charge Port is on the bottom right so the phone doesn't sit in my existing cradle in my truck now so I guess I'll have to look for another.

I'm not a fan of the glass back, it's too slippery. Slides off the armchair arm. It came with a free silicone protector and I ordered the belt holster. Of course if the case is on the phone it won't fit in the stock holster. Another waste of $60.00.

This is my first day and my battery is at 40% after just 3-1/2 hours. Better improve!

Android is a learning curve for sure. For starters, download a good file manager. Asus File Manager and Solid Explorer come to mine; I've been using Asus File Manager from day-1; no-nonsense explorer. Also make sure you've installed the exfat driver (I think you did already).
    12-02-16 12:52 PM

Very interesting and honest read. Makes me think twice about ditching my Classic (daily driver) and Passport combo.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub and ice777 like this.
    12-02-16 03:34 PM
    Very interesting and honest read. Makes me think twice about ditching my Classic (daily driver) and Passport combo.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't ditch my Classic/PP combo, but I did add the Priv to the mix. If I only wanted to carry just two devices, I'd probably let the PP go though since the Classic is my true daily drive w/ convenience and ease of use...I'd take the Priv second due to the app support and media consumption.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-02-16 11:04 PM
    I didn't ditch my Classic/PP combo, but I did add the Priv to the mix. If I only wanted to carry just two devices, I'd probably let the PP go though since the Classic is my true daily drive w/ convenience and ease of use...I'd take the Priv second due to the app support and media consumption.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I was thinking of doing the same, keeping my Classic as the daily driver and selling my Passport in order to replace it with a DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 12:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Meh, it's basically a rant of android vs BlackBerry 10. Sure android sucks at first but it does have full access to all new apps and without any specific workarounds. Workflow is obviously different too and won't be an instant adjustment.

Personally, no credibility to the writer as soon as he wrote 'Skype and whatsapp weren't preloaded'. Excuse me, but on which device are either of these pre-loaded?
    Whatsapp messages are lost, this is somehow BlackBerry's fault? Lol
    Then he goes on to complain about buying 100$ of cables... you can't be bothered to move your cable from one room to another and then you complain about buying cables? Seems like most devices are moving to USB C so you were stuck doing this eventually regardless.

Very pessimistic viewpoint as far as I'm concerned, and I prefer BlackBerry 10 over android any day.

Posted via CB10
    jermainewill likes this.
    12-03-16 04:56 PM
    Meh, it's basically a rant of android vs BlackBerry 10. Sure android sucks at first but it does have full access to all new apps and without any specific workarounds. Workflow is obviously different too and won't be an instant adjustment.

Personally, no credibility to the writer as soon as he wrote 'Skype and whatsapp weren't preloaded'. Excuse me, but on which device are either of these pre-loaded?
    Whatsapp messages are lost, this is somehow BlackBerry's fault? Lol
    Then he goes on to complain about buying 100$ of cables... you can't be bothered to move your cable from one room to another and then you complain about buying cables? Seems like most devices are moving to USB C so you were stuck doing this eventually regardless.

Very pessimistic viewpoint as far as I'm concerned, and I prefer BlackBerry 10 over android any day.

Posted via CB10
    The $100 worth of cables for I would assume every outlet in his house, along with the DTEK60 being too slippery for the arm of his chair lead me to believe he does not leave the couch often.
    12-03-16 06:11 PM
    Well I do leave the house and spend quite a bit of time in my vehicle. It's nice to have a few extra cables and not have to carry cables and chargers with you. At least USBc can be plugged in either way.

I do believe I resolved my battery issue. One of my email accounts was constantly syncing. Since I fixed that I have gotten 20 hours and still at 45%.

I purchased a Samsung S6 just recently for my fianc� and it had whatsapp and Skype pre-installed. I really wasn't expecting that but the file management and document handling apps I expected.

I realize that if I was coming from another android based phone there would be less of a learning curve but there are quite a few little things I miss from bb10. Probably need to explore things more I'm sure.
    12-03-16 07:28 PM
    Well I do leave the house and spend quite a bit of time in my vehicle. It's nice to have a few extra cables and not have to carry cables and chargers with you. At least USBc can be plugged in either way.

I do believe I resolved my battery issue. One of my email accounts was constantly syncing. Since I fixed that I have gotten 20 hours and still at 45%.

I purchased a Samsung S6 just recently for my fianc� and it had whatsapp and Skype pre-installed. I really wasn't expecting that but the file management and document handling apps I expected.

I realize that if I was coming from another android based phone there would be less of a learning curve but there are quite a few little things I miss from bb10. Probably need to explore things more I'm sure.
    Just having fun, friend. Yes, definitely a learning curve. But I would say the general consensus is once you put in the effort on Android you won't look back. I remember when I purchased this priv I was going to buy the passport se because I loved my passport. After getting the priv I honestly forgot BB10 was a thing. It's so nice to know you have everything on your device and you don't need to worry about work arounds. Apps on a blackberry!? Trust me it's a good feeling when you started downloading anything you want when you first get an android blackberry device.
    12-04-16 10:44 AM
    I pulled the trigger as well on the same day as you. Instead, I bought it through NCIX and price matched Newegg for $619. I am still waiting for the phone. I hope to pick it up this week.
    12-04-16 08:02 PM
    I know what you mean, but the title of this thread sounds a little...ominous.
    12-04-16 09:01 PM
41 12