Well there you have it. I've finally burned the $730 CAD hole in my wallet. I'm probably driving my fellow crackberry readers nuts here with my recent posts, but I've been trying my best to make a decision on this device. It's a very bittersweet feeling. This is the first blackberry device I thought long and hard about before purchasing.

I'm currently typing this out on my PRIV physical keyboard, which I will certainly miss. However, the keyboard alone was not enough to keep me on my PRIV anymore. Performance was really starting to slack for me on my PRIV. The snapdragon 808 they elected to put in this thing was arguable already dated when they released it, so it certainly is now. For the most part my PRIV performed very well over the last year I've owned it. However, it has been the noticeable smaller hiccups that I experience that irritate me most. I'm talking just simple tasks like sending a text message or opening the hub. It lags significantly for me on some occasions. So I think the biggest reason I've decided to upgrade has been the awesome performance reviews I've read on the DTEK60. I've never seen the device yet in person, so I'm obviously pretty excited to unbox it and get it up and running.

I also plan on doing my very first YouTube review! Most of you have probably seen me kicking around the forums the last couple of years, and I intend to review this from a slightly different perspective. I think I'll talk about my experience in transferring data over from my PRIV also, and I'll compare the two devices for anyone else still on the fence. I'm a university student/athlete in Ontario so that $730 burden is definitely harder on me than it may be for others, but productivity is important to me. I think reviewing a smartphone from a student/athlete perspective in Canada might be refreshing for some folks, so I'll give it a shot and talk about what really matters in a smartphone for me personally in my busy lifestyle. I'll also discuss how the Android BlackBerry device is not just a business device, and how I believe there is still room for growth in the consumer end of things. Looking forward to giving you my thoughts!
    Attached Thumbnails Finally Pulled the Trigger-76910.jpg  
    Last edited by nucks26; 11-29-16 at 06:14 PM.
    11-29-16 01:04 PM
    Enjoy. I'm sure you will be happy.
    11-29-16 01:06 PM
    amazon.com black dtek60 went up to 589 USD (don't know why). earth silver version drop to 498. I ordered 499 yesterday of black one... at the time, it still got 13 units. this morning 1 only. but now 589... scary... like indian currency devalue impact... anyone know what is the difference between the earth silver and black? can't just be the color for almost 100 dollar difference...
    11-29-16 01:11 PM
    amazon.com black dtek60 went up to 589 USD (don't know why). earth silver version drop to 498. I ordered 499 yesterday of black one... at the time, it still got 13 units. this morning 1 only. but now 589... scary... like indian currency devalue impact... anyone know what is the difference between the earth silver and black? can't just be the color for almost 100 dollar difference...
    I'm not too sure to be honest. I didn't realize there was even another colour option in some regions.
    11-29-16 01:17 PM
    they only have 1 color....
    11-29-16 01:20 PM
    Earth silver back?
    11-29-16 01:40 PM
    there is only one color, one back. Not sure why multiple listings.
    11-29-16 01:42 PM
    Looking forward to your review!
    11-29-16 02:17 PM
    Welcome to #TeamDTEK
    11-29-16 03:07 PM
    Great choice I made the same jump and I'm very happy with the Dtek60.

Posted via CB10
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-29-16 04:17 PM
    I made the jump this past weekend as well. Am loving BlackBerry's take on Android and have been thoroughly enjoying my Priv and DTEK50. How we similar to the OP, have been noticing some leggy issues with my Priv and am looking for an all touch slab BlackBerry w beefier specs than the 50.

Seems like Digital River is busy as I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation and it's been 4 days. I've purchased a lot of BBs from shop BlackBerry in the past and have always gotten them within 48 hours. I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

Looking forward to watching the OP's YouTube review!
    11-29-16 04:51 PM
    I made the jump this past weekend as well. Am loving BlackBerry's take on Android and have been thoroughly enjoying my Priv and DTEK50. How we similar to the OP, have been noticing some leggy issues with my Priv and am looking for an all touch slab BlackBerry w beefier specs than the 50.

Seems like Digital River is busy as I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation and it's been 4 days. I've purchased a lot of BBs from shop BlackBerry in the past and have always gotten them within 48 hours. I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

Looking forward to watching the OP's YouTube review!
    Yes I have gotten my devices very quickly in the past from ShopBlackberry. In some instances the next day. Hopefully it just means they're selling a lot of DTEK60'S, lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-16 05:14 PM
    Welcome to #TeamDTEK
    Thank you!
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-29-16 06:20 PM
    there is only one color, one back. Not sure why multiple listings.
    Earth Silver....?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Finally Pulled the Trigger-65523.jpg  
    11-29-16 06:41 PM
    Same color, same phone.
    11-29-16 09:53 PM
    Enjoy! Love my Sixty!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-16 10:10 PM
    Looking forward to your video review of the DTEK60!

Posted via CB10
    nucks26 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-29-16 10:48 PM
    Enjoy your new device and looking forward to your review.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-16 07:09 AM
    Enjoy your new device and looking forward to your review.
    Thank you!
    11-30-16 04:48 PM
    You received it yet? Should have by now!
    11-30-16 05:07 PM
    You received it yet? Should have by now!
    I have not. I haven't even received a shipped confirmation. Never took this long in the past.
    11-30-16 05:22 PM
    I had no idea there were two different colour versions of the Dtek60. There seems to be only one colour available in Canada...
    11-30-16 05:44 PM
    I had no idea there were two different colour versions of the Dtek60. There seems to be only one colour available in Canada...
    There is only one colour, black. We are unsure why it is listed like that.
    11-30-16 05:48 PM
    Well there you have it. I've finally burned the $730 CAD hole in my wallet. I'm probably driving my fellow crackberry readers nuts here with my recent posts, but I've been trying my best to make a decision on this device. It's a very bittersweet feeling. This is the first blackberry device I thought long and hard about before purchasing.

I'm currently typing this out on my PRIV physical keyboard, which I will certainly miss. However, the keyboard alone was not enough to keep me on my PRIV anymore. Performance was really starting to slack for me on my PRIV. The snapdragon 808 they elected to put in this thing was arguable already dated when they released it, so it certainly is now. For the most part my PRIV performed very well over the last year I've owned it. However, it has been the noticeable smaller hiccups that I experience that irritate me most. I'm talking just simple tasks like sending a text message or opening the hub. It lags significantly for me on some occasions. So I think the biggest reason I've decided to upgrade has been the awesome performance reviews I've read on the DTEK60. I've never seen the device yet in person, so I'm obviously pretty excited to unbox it and get it up and running.

I also plan on doing my very first YouTube review! Most of you have probably seen me kicking around the forums the last couple of years, and I intend to review this from a slightly different perspective. I think I'll talk about my experience in transferring data over from my PRIV also, and I'll compare the two devices for anyone else still on the fence. I'm a university student/athlete in Ontario so that $730 burden is definitely harder on me than it may be for others, but productivity is important to me. I think reviewing a smartphone from a student/athlete perspective in Canada might be refreshing for some folks, so I'll give it a shot and talk about what really matters in a smartphone for me personally in my busy lifestyle. I'll also discuss how the Android BlackBerry device is not just a business device, and how I believe there is still room for growth in the consumer end of things. Looking forward to giving you my thoughts!
    I have had the BlackBerry Torch 2 9810, Z30, Passport SE, and Priv. I have enjoyed using all these BlackBerry devices, and they were all fantastic and innovative devices each in their own right.

The DTEK60 however is certainly a step up from previous devices: Faster chip, large bright display, good speakers, solid professional build, traditional BlackBerry Hub, keyboard, and DTEK security, great rear 21 MP camera, and finally a good front facing 8MP camera. All this for a great price of 650$ CAN with free leather flip case, free big 12,000 mHa battery, and free rapid charger from Crackberry Canada. Can't be beat!
    11-30-16 05:51 PM
    I have had the BlackBerry Torch 2 9810, Z30, Passport SE, and Priv. I have enjoyed using all these BlackBerry devices, and they were all fantastic and innovative devices each in their own right.

The DTEK60 however is certainly a step up from previous devices: Faster chip, large bright display, good speakers, solid professional build, traditional BlackBerry Hub, keyboard, and DTEK security, great rear 21 MP camera, and finally a good front facing 8MP camera. All this for a great price of 650$ CAN with free leather flip case, free big 12,000 mHa battery, and free rapid charger from Crackberry Canada. Can't be beat!
    I somehow really miss the blackberry legacy OS experience and specifically BB7. Nothing can compare to the agility of that OS
    ominaxe likes this.
    11-30-16 05:56 PM
41 12