Done... Thanks for help all.......
    03-05-18 11:38 AM
    I can't get past the verification failure on my Dtek50. I followed the instructions, but cannot uncheck Find My Phone. I get the message "unfortunately settings has stopped" and it goes back to the previous screen.
    I was hoping that I would get Feb and could skip Jan, but it looks like I'm stuck.
    I have read through numerous threads dealing with the update issue, though none address the problem of not being able to uncheck "Find my Phone". Is there a solution out there to this problem? When I try to uncheck the box, I get brought back to the Google Play Services App info page. Nothing else happens. Find My Phone is still checked off when I go back into "Manage Device Administrators". No matter how many times I try to uncheck the box, the same thing keeps happening over and over.
    03-07-18 09:10 PM
    I have read through numerous threads dealing with the update issue, though none address the problem of not being able to uncheck "Find my Phone". Is there a solution out there to this problem? When I try to uncheck the box, I get brought back to the Google Play Services App info page. Nothing else happens. Find My Phone is still checked off when I go back into "Manage Device Administrators". No matter how many times I try to uncheck the box, the same thing keeps happening over and over.
    You have to check something else on that screen if you want to uncheck Find my Device. They can't all be unchecked.
    03-07-18 09:22 PM
    You have to check something else on that screen if you want to uncheck Find my Device. They can't all be unchecked.
    Thanks for the prompt reply conite. After checking the box for the only other app in that list (Blackberry Launcher) and trying to uncheck "Find My Device", I am still being bounced back to the app info page. If the Feb patch is updating for people as it normally should without any extra steps, is there any way to suppress and skip the OS update pushed to my phone (probably the December or January update)? My phone is on the November 6 patch.
    03-07-18 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the prompt reply conite. After checking the box for the only other app in that list (Blackberry Launcher) and trying to uncheck "Find My Device", I am still being bounced back to the app info page. If the Feb patch is updating for people as it normally should without any extra steps, is there any way to suppress and skip the OS update pushed to my phone (probably the December or January update)? My phone is on the November 6 patch.
    Try going directly via the settings screen instead. Tick Launcher, reboot, and then untick Find My Device.
    03-07-18 10:38 PM
    Hold on. I have the answer in another thread. Have to look for it.
    Settings - apps - three dots top right - reset app preferences - go back and uncheck Find My Phone. (Thanks Bobunk).
    Then go ahead and uninstall Google Play updates, and try the January update again.
    You then have to re-update Google Play. After I did that I got a notice to update to February, and that worked.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 03-08-18 at 06:01 AM.
    03-08-18 05:50 AM
    Hold on. I have the answer in another thread. Have to look for it.
    Settings - apps - three dots top right - reset app preferences - go back and uncheck Find My Phone. (Thanks Bobunk).
    Then go ahead and uninstall Google Play updates, and try the January update again.
    You then have to re-update Google Play. After I did that I got a notice to update to February, and that worked.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60

Thank you very much, this did the trick...I've had to look at that annoying update notification for months... conite, thanks for your help as well.
    03-08-18 08:41 AM
82 ... 234