As I have described here earlier in https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13069767 I had SEVERE issues with my DTEK60 after I accidentally selected a wrong(?) option in a configuration application, so my DTEK60 stopped seeing networks at all. I did the following things that left me with a "brick" on hands.

1. I fixed that issue following the manual for a similar situation with Priv, but my OS integrity got corrupted as it was reported by DTEK.
    2. Because of the corrupted OS integrity the security update refused to apply until the factory reset was performed.
    3. Factory reset did not work at all - I was just instantly redirected back to the screen with the Factory reset option in an right after pressing the button. (probably Priv's approach was not THAT correct for DTEK60 )
    4. I have applied the latest autoloader available and got a "brick".

The device is (most likely) already out of warranty, I just have the box and an incomplete set of other stuff.

I think that having some fun out of pushing the story to press is all I have left (something geeky + Apple friendly, I think will be the good first attepmt) .
    12-23-17 02:56 PM
    If you do, please write the whole story, as this is not a Blackberry Android phone issue, but rather a user error.
    12-23-17 11:42 PM
    Yeah, and it's not unique to BlackBerry either.

People have slammed BlackBerry here for the use of ARB (do remember that ARB was commonly used by BlackBerry back in the BB10 days too -- many people got bit by it HARD loading "development" autoloaders that were missing pieces and had no way to fix their phones until the public releases showed up!), but it's becoming more and more common. The security features in modern Snapdragon processors are being used by manufacturers and it's quite-arguably a good thing, but the lack of "rescue" loaders available to the public is very, very bad -- and again, not unique to BlackBerry either....
    12-24-17 07:38 AM
    If you do, please write the whole story, as this is not a Blackberry Android phone issue, but rather a user error.
    Can you please specify what do you want exactly to see as the "whole story"? I posted already a bunch of topics at the forum explaining my situation from various perspectives. After you reply, I'll just point you to the relevant one in order not to make duplicates.

Well, how can this be an "error" if I used only tools from vendor and just made an untintentional mistake while selecting GSM Band on a NON-ROOTED device???

Would you probably agree that there can be only two responsible approaches for a mobile vendor?
    1) do no allow users to change a setting in a phone if the change bricks it;
    2) provide a way to FULLY recover if "1)" is not possible.

Anything else is just an irresponsible approach. So I am now advertising BlackBerry Mobile as THE ONE and ONLY IRRESPONSIBLE vendor. That's a shame. REAL shame...

BlackBerry, please punch your Mobile descendant (TCL) into some vulnerability while there are at least some leftovers of reputation, hopefully.
    12-28-17 03:17 PM
    So, no clarification of what you meant under "whole story". Weren't you trolling me by chance? People around CB are rather exceptionally well-mannered, but you might be not the case.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    01-02-18 05:52 PM
    So, no clarification of what you meant under "whole story". Weren't you trolling me by chance? People around CB are rather exceptionally well-mannered, but you might be not the case.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    So what phone do you use now?
    01-02-18 09:57 PM
    So what phone do you use now?
    I am back to Z30, looking VERY carefully at web versions of social networking apps and everything else I need, and thinking about BB Passport in spite of two added years of BB10 support...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    01-03-18 06:00 PM
    I am back to Z30, looking VERY carefully at web versions of social networking apps and everything else I need, and thinking about BB Passport in spite of two added years of BB10 support...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    Save your money and your anger regarding Passport. It's had different issues that you would be risking good money and end up with another possible brick. You have a Z30 to use on BB10.

I own both DTEK with cracked screen issues. I like BBAndroid enough, I'll tolerate learning curve of BBMo/TCL once with a KEYone, purchased through AT&T so if there's any issues, my carrier will do the heavy lifting.

If the device performs, I'll get a Motion for my second device. My point is simply, PRIV and DTEK were not developed/manufactured in a traditional sense enough to give me real idea about KEYone lineage. I own both Z30 and Passport. I view, Motion as potential Z30 successor. I bought DTEK (50/60) thinking each would be Z30 successor. The 50 battery life with 60 specs would have done it. The screen quality disappointed me as I broke each of them. PRIV never really impressed me because of multiple issues attributed to first BlackBerry Android hardware.

That being said, I bought a KEYone today only because carrier sold. If Motion was carried by AT&T, I'd give it a go ahead of the KEYone for the battery alone.

If you're still mad about your brick, don't waste your money on the Passport. Apply that cash to another OEM, either Android/IOS, doesn't matter.
    01-03-18 06:20 PM
    Save your money and your anger regarding Passport. It's had different issues that you would be risking good money and end up with another possible brick. You have a Z30 to use on BB10.
    What issues does Passport have?? I've heard of none compared to DTEK60.

If Passport will run all web apps that I need, I am definitely going for it. The price of a moderately used device is almost funny for the quality and stability.

P.S. I wish I was mad, but security, USABILITY and INTEGRITY of BB Android 6.x are a load of b...ks. I don't really expect 7.x to get a lot better anytime sooner. For strong security - OS10 is the only choice from BBry now...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    01-03-18 06:32 PM
    What issues does Passport have?? I've heard of none compared to DTEK60.

If Passport will run all web apps that I need, I am definitely going for it. The price of a moderately used device is almost funny for the quality and stability.

P.S. I wish I was mad, but security, USABILITY and INTEGRITY of BB Android 6.x are a load of b...ks. I don't really expect 7.x to get a lot better anytime sooner. For strong security - OS10 is the only choice from BBry now...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    Passport has reported screen lift issues. Also has reported "No Service" issue where phone can only be used on WiFi and has no solution fix.

I'm not going backwards. Good luck...
    01-03-18 06:49 PM
    Passport has reported screen lift issues. Also has reported "No Service" issue where phone can only be used on WiFi and has no solution fix.

I'm not going backwards. Good luck...
    I care little to none about "going backwards" as I am getting a Mercedes (Passport) instead of a noname replica with no support and terrible usability (DTEK60). Good luck in getting a good roll on your randomizer.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    Last edited by moonflyer; 01-05-18 at 04:04 PM.
    01-05-18 02:21 PM
    I care little to none about "going backwards" as I am getting a Mercedes (Passport) instead of a noname replica with no support and terrible usability (DTEK60). Good luck in getting a good roll on your randomizer.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    I've had the Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, the Priv, and the DTEK60.

The Passport SE was solid, and an excellent machine.

In fact, all were excellent devices, EXCEPT the DTEK60, which has been a disaster.

The DTEK60 battery and electronics are shot after ten months of moderate use. Sent it back twice to the "Alcatel authorized Repair Centre" with no improvement. Replacing battery was no help. Now involved in law suit.
    moonflyer likes this.
    01-05-18 09:14 PM
    I was actually thinking about Priv, but as it gonna have no more OS updates, now for me it got the same status as Passport (better SE, ofc). And I like dead OS10 more than dead Android 6.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    01-06-18 08:44 PM
    I still have a DTEK60 that needs a complete autoloader. God only knows if I should keep it around anymore.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    01-11-18 05:15 PM