Tonight I went out for a run for 90 minutes or so. I took my S7 with me since it's still my daily driver for right now. I left the DTEK60 unplugged and in my home office.

After returning, the battery of the DTEK60 had gone from 100% to 98%, which really isn't terrible for an Android phone left to sit for that amount of time. I checked out the battery statistics and noticed that Facebook had kept the phone awake for nearly an hour of the 90 minutes it was sitting.

My Galaxy S7, using the same version of Facebook on the same version of Android, hasn't even registered Facebook as a blip on the radar of battery consumption of an entire day.

Needless to say, on the DTEK60 the Facebook and Messenger apps got deleted and I have pinned a Chrome link to the Facebook mobile page to the home screen. The mobile site actually functions quite well, but I am curious: is anyone else experiencing Facebook keeping hte device awake, and is happening more on the DTEK60 than other Android devices you have?
    10-30-16 10:03 PM
    Mine is doing the same. 2nd biggest battery usage app. Screen 15% and Facebook at 14%
    10-30-16 10:07 PM
    I have 3 Android devices I can check against -- the Galaxy S7 and Note 4 are not exhibiting this issue with Facebook keeping the phone awake the majority of the time.

This continued even after I revoked Facebook's location permissions earlier in the day. In just 48 hours since setting up the device, Facebook had used location services only 400 times

I do like the Facebook app and find it to be rather smooth, but I'm going to go without it for a while and see what happens. Full disclosure, my DTEK60 is not yet my daily driver, so I probably won't have a chance to do significant comparisons for a while.
    10-30-16 10:15 PM
    Same here. So I did go in Facebook App setting and close notification... Then no battery drain anymore. But I keep the App install and use here and there without battery drain .
    10-30-16 11:41 PM
    Use a alternative Facebook app aside from the official one.

I use swipe facebook.
    10-31-16 12:01 AM
    I use metal Pro. More functional and user friendly than the facebook app. Doesn't even show up for battery usage
    10-31-16 12:39 AM
    Facebook is a smart phone hog, it just hogs everything which is why I'll never use the app again on any phone

Posted via CB10
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    10-31-16 02:20 AM
    It certainly always has been a hog, but it's funny that the DTEK60 is being kept awake many times more than my S7, using the same version of Android and same version of the app.

I'm just using FB in Chrome with notifications enabled for now. I'm not a huge FB user, so this is an acceptable solution for now.

The FB and Messenger apps for Windows 10 Mobile are even less optimized than these (smaller user base, less updates, etc...) so this is still an improvement of sorts. But I'll stick with the mobile website for now!
    10-31-16 09:23 AM
    Facebook is always a battery and memory hog. It's not Dtek60 specific.
    10-31-16 09:56 AM
    Try Lite Facebook
    10-31-16 10:22 AM
    Use a alternative Facebook app aside from the official one.

I use swipe facebook.
    Facebook after a recent update of the app Re last month did start draining the battery. On my PRIV did show as second most used app! When was using very little. So uninstalled and now use SWIPE which has an all Black Amoled theme which is great
    11-01-16 11:49 PM
    I use Facebook through Crome on my DTEK 50. Zero issues and far less intrusive than the app. (I also use Facebook via the browser when using any of my BlackBerry 10 devices) Works the same if not better than the actual app on my Samsung tablet.
    11-02-16 01:03 AM
    I use Facebook through Crome on my DTEK 50. Zero issues and far less intrusive than the app. (I also use Facebook via the browser when using any of my BlackBerry 10 devices) Works the same if not better than the actual app on my Samsung tablet.
    Apps in general are overrated. Browser FTW

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 02:33 AM
    Same thing happening here on my priv

Facebook app is no longer on my phone. Il use the browser going forward .
    11-02-16 02:59 AM
    Facebook is always a battery and memory hog. It's not Dtek60 specific.
    Something is unique to the DTEK60 or maybe just a bad install or who knows what. On an S7 with same OS and FB version, FB is seldom listed under battery use. Not a big deal, app is gone for me on the DTEK but still live on the S7.
    11-02-16 01:29 PM
    Issue for me and my wife on our DTEK50 and Samsung Tab Pro tablets was/is Messenger since the last update and integration of SMS and calls. It just continually runs draining battery. It's been deleted off all our devices and nary an unusual battery drain
    11-05-16 02:15 PM
    Issue for me and my wife on our DTEK50 and Samsung Tab Pro tablets was/is Messenger since the last update and integration of SMS and calls. It just continually runs draining battery. It's been deleted off all our devices and nary an unusual battery drain
    FB is always in the top 3 on my battery usage. But I still get great battery life
    11-05-16 04:29 PM
    FB is always in the top 3 on my battery usage. But I still get great battery life
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook being more of a battery hog than usual?-3509.jpg  
    11-05-16 04:30 PM
    Turn off location history on FB and you save a ton of battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook being more of a battery hog than usual?-20664.jpg  
    11-05-16 04:43 PM
    Thank you for starting this thread. I have had numerous android phones, and I've never had Facebook drain my battery as much as it has on this phone. Now I recently came from a passport which I used for about 3 months so I don't know if Facebook has recently updated to make it such a hog. But I honestly never use the app at all its it's always my top drainer and responsible for about 20% of the total loss. I'm going to try some of the suggestions posted here.
    11-05-16 05:22 PM