I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but...i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook app as it keeps seizing up the phone to the point I can't use the phone for anything at all, leggy just doesn't do the description justice. Is there any alternative? I've looked for Facebook lite but not sure which one to download.
    11-28-17 12:12 PM
    I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but...i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook app as it keeps seizing up the phone to the point I can't use the phone for anything at all, leggy just doesn't do the description justice. Is there any alternative? I've looked for Facebook lite but not sure which one to download.
    I have a PRIV and what I do is have the home page in Chrome set to be m.facebook.com. That way, when I want to check FB I just start up Chrome. It works well for me, I don't do much on FB and it keeps my battery and data from getting chewed up.

By the way, "Laggy" is the word that you want, not "Leggy".
    raxamillion likes this.
    11-28-17 01:15 PM
    auto correct is a *****, good idea though.
    11-28-17 01:27 PM
    I haven't had this issue but being in social media marketing I use that App all day long. An alternative that I use a lot along with the app is the mobile site for Facebook. In chrome just go to the site and you can add that to your home screen.
    11-28-17 01:33 PM
    There's also third party alternatives, just google Android + Facebook and you'll be given lists of "better" alternatives to the official app.

I'm currently using Metal, which basically gives you the same experience as previously suggested here - it's a mobile fb site mod - but gives you a few extra options, like disabling the locations permissions for fb. Metal has bugs, but works pretty decently for a light fb user
    11-28-17 03:41 PM
    I use Metal Pro and find it is a good alternative to the FB app. It doesn't seem to drain the battery as much as the FB app.
    11-28-17 05:50 PM
    try disabling the location permissions for Facebook, you can do with dtek app.
    11-29-17 09:54 PM
    I went with the chrome shortcut option and. have to be honest, much better than using the app that seems to make my phone work like crap. thanks all!
    12-03-17 05:46 AM