On my Z30 I was able to configure for apps of my choosing to extend the lock screen timeout. For example, if i am on call, the lock screen won't time out until i end the call.

How can I accomplish the same thing on my DTEK60? I'd like to configure it so that whenever I have Google maps open (not necessarily in navigation mode) the screen won't lock.
    12-03-16 06:37 PM
    "Smart lock" ...in in settings
    12-03-16 09:53 PM
    "Smart lock" ...in in settings
    Yup. I'm using it currently. But that is only for extending the lock timeout when the device is connected to another device (like my BT speaker), not for an app to extend the lock timeout. Unless I am just not seeing the functionality there.
    12-03-16 11:03 PM
    Try this
    Attached Thumbnails Extend lock screen timeout-screenshot_20161204-124754.jpg  
    12-04-16 05:49 AM
    Try this
    Thank you. So this functionality isn't built into the OS. That's a shame. This is really basic stuff that Google needs to add.

My overall frustration with this phone rises each day. For what is supposed to be a mature OS, Android is really no better then BB 10.2.1 purely from and OS perspective.
    12-04-16 11:02 AM
    And thats why android is on 90 percent of smartphones and bb10 on less than 1 percent. There is no need for every option to be built in the OS.
    12-04-16 12:04 PM
    And thats why android is on 90 percent of smartphones and bb10 on less than 1 percent. There is no need for every option to be built in the OS.
    As many folks on these forms like to say, the best technology doesn't always win out. In the case of Android, it certainly isn't better than BB10. Further ahead in the ecosystem race is about it.
    12-04-16 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD