Hey guys does anyone know this answer? Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-26-16 04:37 PM
    It's not on the spec sheet, so unless that spec sheet is wrong, nope.
    09-26-16 07:24 PM
    It's not on the spec sheet, so unless that spec sheet is wrong, nope.
    Ok that bums me out a bit..

09-26-16 11:31 PM
    Why? The wireless charger itself is plugged in. Personally a overrated, unnecessary feature that I have yet to see beneficial over a quick charger per se. Just my .02.

The DTEK50
    JLOforshort and rolojr1 like this.
    09-26-16 11:57 PM
    Why? The wireless charger itself is plugged in. Personally a overrated, unnecessary feature that I have yet to see beneficial over a quick charger per se. Just my .02.

The DTEK50
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 12:53 AM
    Yeah, but have you used wireless charging?? I thought the same, then I got one on my desk and I just lay my phone on it. It has eliminated worry about my battery... as long as I sit at my desk some each day.

If it isn't on the spec sheet, I bet it does not have it.

But as the other posters said, it isn't a huge hassle to plug your phone in.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android by a recovering Privaholic
    JeepBB, howarmat, iToya and 2 others like this.
    09-27-16 01:07 AM
    Haven't used a cable to charge my priv in months. Wireless charging is one of those things you don't quite appreciate until use it for a while then lose it.

Ugly solution would be to use this receiver coil plugged into the usb port

Universal QI Wireless Charging Receiver Coil FOR Samsung Phones Micro USB C 4U8U | eBay
    09-27-16 01:24 AM

The DTEK50
    I feel the opposite. No wires to plug and unplug just place the phone down and pick it up. Simple feature that goes along way in regards to simplifying use.

Is it a deal breaker though, nope.

JeepBB likes this.
    09-27-16 05:32 AM
    Yeah, I have a charging stand on my night table and in the evening I just drop the phone on it and go to sleep. It's flat-out awesome and losing it will suck.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-27-16 07:47 AM
    More accurately termed inductive charging

It seems inductive charging might be especially useful is in a car that is factory equipped with a charging pad. For example, Lexus comes equipped a pad for a device with device compatible with the Qi wireless charging standard created by the Wireless Power Consortium. That's OK if you happen to have such a device, and there is more than one standard at present...like Beta vs VHS in the "old days".

In the car, the device would be placed on the pad, with no hanging wires to interfere with car driving operations; but I'm not sure about home/office benefits.
    09-27-16 08:10 AM
    Yeah, we don't need no stinkin' wireless charging, or gimmicky fingerprint reader...

Eh... what's that you say about it having a fingerprint sensor...?

Ah, OK... but we definitely don't need no stinkin' wireless charging...

Only on CB is user convenience dismissed so casually.

Wireless charging is really great to have, as a couple above me have said. If you choose not to use it, that's fine though.
    howarmat likes this.
    09-27-16 08:29 AM
    I'd really like to see wireless charging on the phone. I thought it was a useless feature until I got a Tylt for my desk at work and the seamless charging is amazeballs.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-27-16 09:36 AM
    More accurately termed inductive charging

It seems inductive charging might be especially useful is in a car that is factory equipped with a charging pad. For example, Lexus comes equipped a pad for a device with device compatible with the Qi wireless charging standard created by the Wireless Power Consortium. That's OK if you happen to have such a device, and there is more than one standard at present...like Beta vs VHS in the "old days".

In the car, the device would be placed on the pad, with no hanging wires to interfere with car driving operations; but I'm not sure about home/office benefits.
    I hacked together a vent-clip holder and wireless charging pad for my Priv, and it works INSANELY well. It's fast enough to keep up with the current burn plus a bit even with Google Maps running, so I have navigation whenever without having to plug in, plus when not using Nav it tops up the phone whenever I place it in the cradle.

Is it a deal-breaker for me if missing? No, but it will suck losing it, now that I've had it for a year.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-27-16 09:59 AM
    Yeah, but have you used wireless charging?? I thought the same, then I got one on my desk and I just lay my phone on it. It has eliminated worry about my battery... as long as I sit at my desk some each day.

If it isn't on the spec sheet, I bet it does not have it.

But as the other posters said, it isn't a huge hassle to plug your phone in.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android by a recovering Privaholic
    Even when I'm not at my desk, I installed a wireless charger in my car. Put it on the charger, Bluetooth connects audio, no wires to fiddle with. Those were my Palm Touchstone days.
    09-27-16 11:23 AM
    using a wireless power bank is great too, easier to travel with since you don't forget a cable
    09-28-16 06:25 PM
    Would have loved wireless charging.

Got the priv 004 variant that lacked it. Wish this device had one. I wouldn't dump my priv for wirelss charging but it's something that's so awesome. Especially the ones the notes and the s range Samsungs have.

Still a blackberry fan though. Maybe the next one will have it.

Stay strong guys.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-03-16 05:41 AM

The DTEK50
    Which means you've never used one. It'll be a sad day for me if I'm forced to use a phone without it. Easily putting your phone on charge and taking it off charge from your bedside with one-hand and also not wearing out the usb port are both reasons why I hope all new phones will have it. I don't need "fast charging" when I'm leaving it overnight. Having both features would be the best. Normal charging wirelessly, fast charging by plugging in. I don't know why you mentioned that as if they are mutually exclusive...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-03-16 12:50 PM
    Wireless quick charge does exist, incidentally. There are not many devices that support it, but it does exist and is backward-compatible with standard Qi charging. The only gotcha is that you need a QC2.0 or better power adapter for it to work.
    10-03-16 03:01 PM
    After having used a wireless charger for both the VZW Z30 and the Priv, I'm not a fan. I am a huge fan of QC 2.0 on my Priv though. I can live without wireless charging.
    10-06-16 08:40 AM
    I recently ordered Samsung Fast Wireless Charging stand(at a very good price) and for the past few days was thinking of getting DTEK60, but then wanted to confirm if DTEK60 supported that and looks like it doesn't.

I have Note 5 and although it doesn't have QC 2.0 or such, but it does charge with the speeds comparable to it and also when I use QC 2.0 charger it does charge fast. Samsung calls it Adaptive Fast Charging...
    11-01-16 02:36 PM
    There is a fast Qi variation that Samsung supports. The DTEK60 does not support wireless charging at all (either original or FastQi)
    11-01-16 02:41 PM
    There is a fast Qi variation that Samsung supports. The DTEK60 does not support wireless charging at all (either original or FastQi)
    I want a phone for $500 support wireless charging especially if it has plastic/glass back and that is why it stopped me from purchasing the phone. I know that phones with metal back don't support wireless charging.
    11-01-16 02:46 PM
    Well I'd like it to support it too, but it's not a $500 phone from Samsung that does, it's a $700 phone.

I was using a Priv, and while wireless charge was great for overnight charging it didn't do nearly as much for "day to day" top-offs. It's just not fast enough. And while QiFast IS faster (about double) it's extremely flaky on a car charger with a QC2.0 or QC3.0 input (which it REQUIRES to work at all.) Specifically, it's fine until you plug a second device into the same power adapter, at which point it will flake out due to not being able to source enough current (the losses cause it to get into trouble with the source power available.) It also heats the phone -- a LOT -- which doesn't matter (again) overnight but sure does if you try to use it in the car to keep up under high load.

In fact that was the downfall for it in real life; if I didn't have the A/C blasting on the vent-mounted phone using the charger while also doing nav would cause a "hot phone" warning within minutes, which cuts charging off.....

Given a year of experience with it I liked having it -- don't get me wrong -- but lacking it wasn't enough to stop me from buying the DTEK60.
    Charkatak likes this.
    11-01-16 03:11 PM
    Well I'd like it to support it too, but it's not a $500 phone from Samsung that does, it's a $700 phone.

I was using a Priv, and while wireless charge was great for overnight charging it didn't do nearly as much for "day to day" top-offs. It's just not fast enough. And while QiFast IS faster (about double) it's extremely flaky on a car charger with a QC2.0 or QC3.0 input (which it REQUIRES to work at all.) Specifically, it's fine until you plug a second device into the same power adapter, at which point it will flake out due to not being able to source enough current (the losses cause it to get into trouble with the source power available.) It also heats the phone -- a LOT -- which doesn't matter (again) overnight but sure does if you try to use it in the car to keep up under high load.

In fact that was the downfall for it in real life; if I didn't have the A/C blasting on the vent-mounted phone using the charger while also doing nav would cause a "hot phone" warning within minutes, which cuts charging off.....

Given a year of experience with it I liked having it -- don't get me wrong -- but lacking it wasn't enough to stop me from buying the DTEK60.
    You are correct that $700 Samsung phone supports it, but I bought my "Like new" Note 5 for less then $350 which was so clean and scratch free with all accessories brand new + came with Tech21 case and glass screen protector I don't want to buy phone at full cost because in my view it is not worth that much and we also now have other Chinese companies making nice phones cheaper then Samsung, LG, Apple and so on.

I don't know if your Wireless Charger had a fan inside, but Samsung does have one. I totally understand that Wireless Charging isn't something important and the omission of it shouldn't be a deal breaker. For me I guess the price is the problem and for $400 I would purchase it.
    11-01-16 03:32 PM
    $400 for a flagship? You're going to be waiting; the "comparable" chineesium garbage has no US warranty, no support, and I've yet to find one with an SD slot either.

No thanks. Yes, I looked at the One+3.
    11-01-16 03:46 PM
30 12