Hi,

My wife and I both have DTEK60s Model BBA100-2 sourced at the same time Dec 2016 unlocked.

My Security Patch Level: 5 June Build AAM326 downloaded & installed 20 July

My wife's Security Patch Level: still 5 May Build AAL158. She received the June Update on 27 July, it has downloaded to her device but won't install. I have made a Bug Report and posted a comment on Crackberry, as have many others suffering with the same problem.

I also have a problem with the new Keyboard Extension, the action bar sits on top of the space bar.

So, one DTEK60 still has the May security update, it has the June update downloaded but won't install, the other DTEK60 has the June update, BB announced the July update early July but very few if any DTEK60 owners have received it, and we are now into August, and I also have the keyboard extension problem.

Why do I feel my two DTEK60s are walking on crutches??
    08-01-17 06:10 AM
    Hi,

My wife and I both have DTEK60s Model BBA100-2 sourced at the same time Dec 2016 unlocked.

My wife's Security Patch Level: still 5 May Build AAL158. She received the June Update on 27 July, it has downloaded to her device but won't install. I have made a Bug Report and posted a comment on Crackberry, as have many others suffering with the same problem.

I also have a problem with the new Keyboard Extension, the action bar sits on top of the space bar.

So, one DTEK60 still has the May security update, it has the June update downloaded but won't install, the other DTEK60 has the June update, BB announced the July update early July but very few if any DTEK60 owners have received it, and we are now into August, and I also have the keyboard extension problem.

To be honest, both Dteks, and the Priv, are basically 'sitting in God's waiting room'
    The end is nigh, and no matter what others may say, will be sooner rather than later.....
    BB's attitude towards these phones is virtually non existant....
    The only advice from BB is 'well, buy a Keyone' !!!
    chi-town311 likes this.
    08-01-17 06:41 AM
    Hi,

My DTEK60 is on the June patch. I don't have the keyboard issue (was that a beta update), but it has been suffering lately. Not sure what is going on, but slowdowns, battery drain, some apps crashing. Something seems unusual.

BlackBerry is not helping their cause. They need to hire more people if they are going to keep this Android OS alive.

I sure as heck am not buying another BlackBerry (branded or otherwise, don't even start with the stupid licensing crap, you know who you are) if they don't turn around the support on their "flagship" touch screen device.
    08-01-17 07:15 AM
    I had the May update and installed the keyboard beta and got the overlay issue. annoying to say the least. I'm not sure how to feedback on the betas either. Google Play blocks it because it is beta software.

The same was true after I upgraded to the June update.
    08-01-17 12:02 PM
    Mine has bitten the dust after a drop onto the kitchen floor. Gone with a Moto g5 plus. suits me.

funnily though it's so near to vanilla android it reminds me of me BB leap. No fancy menus to scroll through and with plain straight to the point settings. Just my HO.
    08-01-17 04:24 PM
    man, I sure hope this thread doesn't get shut down now. last one you started ended quickly.
    08-01-17 09:39 PM
    I have the same issue with June update on my BB100-2 unlocked. Downloaded fine, won't install. My wife's 50 got the download and it installed fine.
    08-02-17 01:27 AM
    * UPDATE: Installation Problem Fix *

I reached out to a contact at BB Beta Zone and he gave me the following fix to the problem of the June security update downloading but not installing:

Settings > Apps > Top right menu > Show System
    Find Google Services Framework > Tap Storage
    Clear Data/Cache
    Reboot the device
    Check for updates again

That fixed the glitch for me, hope it does for you all. Good luck!
    08-02-17 02:37 AM
    Hi chi-town311,

I got a fix from a friend at the BB Beta Zone for the June update problem (Dowloaded but won't install) - see my Post No: 8.

The Keyboard issue is on a Beta update and they hope to resolve that shortly.

I'm hoping BB do not ditch their touch screen devices in favour of keyboard, surely the two can run together?
    08-02-17 02:42 AM
    Hey thanks alot. It worked for me 😄
    But still we are definitely lagging behind on June when its already August
    08-02-17 03:47 AM