Just leave it alone...
    lol
    10-30-16 12:43 PM
    Oh wow. I need to go play with a Priv first. See how it feels in hand. My question is how easy will it be to get replacement parts for the Priv now that BlackBerry is out of hardware?
    I have had the Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, and now the Priv. They are all great devices leach in their own right. I love the Priv, and it has a great rear camera
    I was hoping the DTEK60 would be better....
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-30-16 12:58 PM
    I have had the Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, and now the Priv. They are all great devices leach in their own right. I love the Priv, and it has a great rear camera
    I was hoping the DTEK60 would be better....
    IT IS
    10-30-16 01:00 PM
    Maybe I'm a bit spoilt on my priv but I paid 650 usd for this in January.. For me to do shell out another 500 is not gonna happen.

Plus the priv and dtek have the same software and my priv flies through everything I throw at it.

80 apps on this device and it runs like a rocket.

The over heating is still there but I give that down to the material at the back as it sucks in heat rather than disperses it and obviously the 808.

I still have a sour feeling in my mouth that if blackberry waited just 2 months they could have jammed an 820 chip into this and given it 4 gb ram and this could have been the start up flagship.

All in all I'm very happy with my priv and I don't see myself changing to another device for atleast another 1 or so.
    Bay 13 and JG_Agustin like this.
    10-30-16 01:07 PM
    Maybe I'm a bit spoilt on my priv but I paid 650 usd for this in January.. For me to do shell out another 500 is not gonna happen.

Plus the priv and dtek have the same software and my priv flies through everything I throw at it.

The over heating is still there but I give that down to the material at the back as it sucks in heat rather than disperses it and obviously the 808.

I still have a sour feeling in my mouth that if blackberry waited just 2 months they could have jammed an 820 chip into this and given it 4 gb ram and this could have been the start up flagship.

All in all I'm very happy with my priv and I don't see myself changing to another device for atleast another 1 or so.
    I agree, the Priv is a great device!
    10-30-16 01:31 PM

I appreciate your rational. Priv is a great device. My Priv runs great and there is not enough differential between priv and 60 to warrant a 60 purchase. Both have their pro and cons.
    10-30-16 03:55 PM
    You might want to get your unit looked it because that's not a common experience. There are at least 12 Privs in my office and none have reported slow downs since the update.
    People will discredit the Priv to justify buying the 60. Human nature.
    10-30-16 04:01 PM
    Third day using the Dtek60. Former priv owner.

Overall thoughts: camera has trade off. It's stronger in certain areas and weaker in others. With the trade off I say it's about the same as the priv. Also a lot in my opinion can be fixed with future software updates so it will get better.

Battery life is excellent. On google maps the Dtek60 uses less battery than my priv. Also on the Dtek60 it never overheats like the priv. All apps including snap chat etc run really quickly and smoothly. Everything is much snappier on the Dtek60. The hub works amazing too.

For $650 cad under current fx rates, the Dtek60 is a keeper for me. Never going back to the priv.
    10-30-16 04:08 PM
    I should also add USB-C makes a big difference in convenience when plugging in. It's like an iPhone.
    10-30-16 04:10 PM
    I appreciate your rational. Priv is a great device. My Priv runs great and there is not enough differential between priv and 60 to warrant a 60 purchase. Both have their pro and cons.
    I don't know if you ever notice any lag on the priv because if you have, it doesn't exist on the Dtek60 with the identical software installed. The more ram and new processor makes a huge difference.
    10-30-16 04:12 PM
    I don't know if you ever notice any lag on the priv because if you have, it doesn't exist on the Dtek60 with the identical software installed. The more ram and new processor makes a huge difference.
    I do not have a lot of apps on priv, I do not play games or download movies. Priv help me in business endeavors. That could be the reason why my Priv does not overheat or lag. Rear camera is good in my opinion. I never use front camera. Do not do self portrait, selfie. So...that is why I see no reason to go to the 60. I am encourage to hear all the props for it.

Now if priv start acting up then I would make that move too. But I know people who just want the latest and greatest product and they are never content. Guess what? They are always broke and have less than $500.00 dollars in the bank. But they have the new iPhone 7 paying installments on Verizon. Then I have friends who make a six figure income still using an iPhone 5. Go figure. Just like America...in debt. Overspending.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 10-30-16 at 04:35 PM.
    10-30-16 04:22 PM
    The RAM is likely more-responsible for this than the CPU, incidentally.
    10-30-16 04:23 PM
    IT IS
    Where can I see a good comparison of both? I've only seen a couple of pictures, and doesn't seem all that superior
    10-30-16 04:30 PM
    Where can I see a good comparison of both? I've only seen a couple of pictures, and doesn't seem all that superior
    You can just take my word for it. I didn't say all that superior, I said better. It's much faster, better colour reproduction, wider angle lens, and larger MP for bigger more detailed images, especially useful if you like to have your photos printed.
    10-30-16 04:37 PM
    You can just take my word for it. I didn't say all that superior, I said better. It's much faster, better colour reproduction, wider angle lens, and larger MP for bigger more detailed images, especially useful if you like to have your photos printed.
    18 to 21 MP is a very small difference.

I want to see real comparisons like the one I did last year with passport vs PRIV. The priv camera was superior, but in some cases the passport did better

There are so many variables like fringing, dinamic range, low light. Dtek60 doesn't have OIS and that gives a great boost in picture quality in low light. In brigh light every phone is good

With faster processor I'm sure the Dtek60 is much nicer speed wise
    10-30-16 06:21 PM
    Third day using the Dtek60. Former priv owner.

Overall thoughts: camera has trade off. It's stronger in certain areas and weaker in others. With the trade off I say it's about the same as the priv. Also a lot in my opinion can be fixed with future software updates so it will get better.

Battery life is excellent. On google maps the Dtek60 uses less battery than my priv. Also on the Dtek60 it never overheats like the priv. All apps including snap chat etc run really quickly and smoothly. Everything is much snappier on the Dtek60. The hub works amazing too.

For $650 cad under current fx rates, the Dtek60 is a keeper for me. Never going back to the priv.
    Thanks very much for the review! Much appreciated! I love the Priv, including the 18MP camera. Maybe the DTEK60 is a step up..... I hope!!
    10-30-16 08:13 PM
    Smeg it, bought the DTEK60. It's mostly the CPU and battery I'm after, camera is icing.
    10-30-16 08:16 PM
    18 to 21 MP is a very small difference.

I want to see real comparisons like the one I did last year with passport vs PRIV. The priv camera was superior, but in some cases the passport did better

There are so many variables like fringing, dinamic range, low light. Dtek60 doesn't have OIS and that gives a great boost in picture quality in low light. In brigh light every phone is good

With faster processor I'm sure the Dtek60 is much nicer speed wise
    As you can see in my previous photos the difference between priv and dtek60. There is more in the picture in the dtek60 shot than there is in the priv. The picture is also 2mb larger, meaning more detail is preserved when zooming in.
    10-31-16 06:42 PM
    Can not agree. Have a look at the incipio Patch at the right. Dteks more washed out than PRIVs. And most pictures show (out of the Phone) a better Quality from the Priv than the Dtek60. Dont want to do corrections on every picture before i am satisfied.

Dont forget...Priv vs Dteks ...a slider is damned cool.
    11-01-16 03:31 AM
    Lol
    11-01-16 06:15 PM
    Smeg it, bought the DTEK60. It's mostly the CPU and battery I'm after, camera is icing.
    I'm doing the same. Lately my priv has been super hot, but frankly this att garbage with requiring reboot multiple times per day is a total deal breaker. Horrible incompetence.
    11-01-16 06:57 PM
    I'm doing the same. Lately my priv has been super hot, but frankly this att garbage with requiring reboot multiple times per day is a total deal breaker. Horrible incompetence.
    Even when my backup was restoring, 80+ apps were queued in Google Play, the phone was on Quick Charge (3.0) and thousands of emails were coming in the DTEK60 was still cooler than the Priv. Qualcomm really atoned for their past crimes with the 820.
    11-01-16 06:59 PM
    If you want a more powerful and good-looking phone then the DTEK is good, but if you want the PKB then the Priv (or the Passport) is good.
    11-20-16 06:46 AM
    Dtek60 advantages over priv:
    - better battery
    - thinner
    - lighter
    - way faster. Super smooth. Amazing speed.
    - seems to have improved signal on both WiFi and cell
    - screen looks better

Disadvantages:
    - phone is way too slippery with the glass surface at the back. It slides and slips off any slanted surfaces and ledges. Even when I lay it on my thighs on jeans.
    - the edges are also very slippery making the grip less comfortable.
    - no optical stabilization of the camera. Many photos are good. But some photos came out with slight motion blur despite better quality and speed.
    Excellent Review . Thank you . This motivates me to go for this amazing device . I have the Priv now almost one year old .
    11-20-16 08:25 AM
    People will discredit the Priv to justify buying the 60. Human nature.
    And others will try to justify not switching mainly because they paid a lot for the Priv. I bought the Priv and now after a month or more with the DTEK60 can see huge differences.

*DTEK60 is far faster. Noticeably.

*DTEK60 is way smoother on scrolling. Noticeably.

*DTEK60 is much lighter and thinner, easier to hold and use. And feels more comfortable than the Priv even if the DTEK60 has its case on.

*DTEK60 charges up from low levels incredibly fast.

*DTEK60 has by far a superior construction.

*DTEK60 has significantly better connectivity and maintenance of connection to networks, to car Bluetooth, and to wifi.

*I didn't use the Priv pkb much and don't miss it now at all. Those keys sucked, frankly, even though we all wanted to say they were adequate, and that's one reason why most people don't use them as much as they thought they would when they bought the Priv (no, I can't prove that but I believe most would admit it if asked). The other reason is that the BlackBerry vkb is great, as it is on the DTEK60.

*The Priv started running so hot it would shut down during Skype. It was at times too hot to hold comfortably. DTEK60 runs beautifully with zero heat issues.

*DTEK60 battery usage is better, including during heavy usage and during simple rest overnight or during the day on my desk.
    tonythecanuck and Bay 13 like this.
    11-20-16 09:28 AM
88 1234