Dtek60 advantages over priv:
    - better battery
    - thinner
    - lighter
    - way faster. Super smooth. Amazing speed.
    - seems to have improved signal on both WiFi and cell
    - screen looks better

Disadvantages:
    - phone is way too slippery with the glass surface at the back. It slides and slips off any slanted surfaces and ledges. Even when I lay it on my thighs on jeans.
    - the edges are also very slippery making the grip less comfortable.
    - no optical stabilization of the camera. Many photos are good. But some photos came out with slight motion blur despite better quality and speed.
    10-28-16 08:14 PM
    - better battery
    - thinner
    - lighter
    - screen looks better

Disadvantages:
    - phone is way too slippery with the glass surface at the back. It slides and slips off any slanted surfaces and ledges. Even when I lay it on my thighs on jeans.
    - no optical stabilization of the camera. Many photos are good. But some photos came out with slight motion blur despite better quality and speed.
    Thanks very much! I have had the Z30, the Passport SE, and the Priv.

I am particularly interested in a comparison of both cameras on each of the Priv and the DTEK60. Any advice would be helpful!
    10-28-16 08:33 PM
    Thanks very much! I have had the Z30, the Passport SE, and the Priv.

I am particularly interested in a comparison of both cameras on each of the Priv and the DTEK60. Any advice would be helpful!
    All of these folks with Privs and 60s and not one comparison video!
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-28-16 08:38 PM
    - better battery
    - thinner
    - lighter
    - screen looks better

Disadvantages:
    Thanks for the comparison. I have a Priv and I'm looking a the DTek60. I would put my phone in a case so it being slippery would be mitigated.
    10-28-16 08:42 PM
    All of these folks with Privs and 60s and not one comparison video!
    Exactly! Where are all the Priv / DTEK60 comparisons? After all, they are both BlackBerry's Android phones....

Very curious about cameras comparisons!
    10-28-16 08:46 PM
    Exactly! Where are all the Priv / DTEK60 comparisons? After all, they are both BlackBerry's Android phones....

Very curious about cameras comparisons!
    Unless I see some additional overwhelming benefits of the 60 over the Priv, I'm not moving. It appears the processor is slightly better as is the selfie cam. But, outside of that, I don't see a reason to ditch a phone I paid $800 for last year for a rebranded Berry.
    10-28-16 09:14 PM
    The processor is not "slightly better"; it's a massive step upward, both due to the CPU and the additional gigabyte of RAM.
    10-28-16 09:46 PM
    The processor is not "slightly better"; it's a massive step upward, both due to the CPU and the additional gigabyte of RAM.
    From your personal experience coming from the priv ,are you recommend to get the DTEK60?
    10-28-16 09:51 PM
    Yes, unless you definitely need/want the PKB which of course the DTEK60 doesn't have.

It's in a completely different class than the Priv; frankly, I suspect the difference is more the RAM than the CPU standing alone, and at the time the Priv was released I was skeptical of the decision to do 3Gb rather than 4.

I'm running around with ~30% -- and about a gigabyte -- free in RAM at present. The Priv got constrained and while it was not typically in a "low memory" situation contention matters, especially when the system starts killing off processes to prevent contention.

If you have 5-6 things going you're switching between the difference between it being suspended and having to reactivate the image is very real and very different in terms of user perception.
    Uzi likes this.
    10-28-16 10:06 PM
    I've been thinking about the DTEK60 as a replacement to my Priv. Here's my question. Does the DTEK60 heat up the way my PRIV does at times?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 10:26 PM
    I've been thinking about the DTEK60 as a replacement to my Priv. Here's my question. Does the DTEK60 heat up the way my PRIV does at times?

Posted via CB10
    No, it doesn't at all
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    10-28-16 10:27 PM
    - better battery
    - thinner
    - lighter
    - screen looks better

Disadvantages:
    Thanks for this! I'm rocking the Z30 and am looking forward to making the jump one day. Nice to know there are some great BlackBerry options now.

Posted via CB10
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    10-29-16 06:05 AM
    Unless I see some additional overwhelming benefits of the 60 over the Priv, I'm not moving. It appears the processor is slightly better as is the selfie cam. But, outside of that, I don't see a reason to ditch a phone I paid $800 for last year for a rebranded Berry.
    Agree.. You speak like a prudent business person. Weigh out what works for you. Is the DTEK60 a need or a want? Pros and cons with both phones. Will you pay $500.00 usd for a phone that is a second faster loading a webpage? Will you pay money to have the fingerprint scanner? Like Chen said.."It is about the Smart in the phone." It runs the same software...Dtek60 will move faster and cooler. Your Priv has the RGB led notification light, I believe the better rear camera with a better lens, PKB that you can read docs without touching the screen, Unique Silhouette and has a wow factor when people see it. Like some people who Priv's hardware was breaking down or overheating real bad I do not blame them for buying the DTEK 60. My Priv is running great...why buy DTEK60 unless you got to have the latest hardware. I may give my Priv to someone who can not afford one just to introduce them to Blackberry than I may get a Dtek 60. Love your question Why should i upgrade within 12 months after paying $800.00 for the Priv.
    kitmo, JG_Agustin and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-29-16 11:01 AM
    I've just moved from the Priv to the 60. The Priv was excellent but the 60 is even better. I don't regret the move. I never used the pkb so no real need for that. 60 is really fast and notifications it gives you with the cover on when travelling etc are excellent.
    Bay 13 and 00stryder like this.
    10-29-16 11:42 AM
    Ya. I would even say using the priv allowed me to migrate to a screen only keyboard. In the last few months I've stopped using the pkb on my priv altogether.
    10-29-16 02:44 PM

Dtek60

Priv
    10-29-16 03:31 PM
    As far as i can tell the DTEK has better color reproduction but the Priv is brighter in low light.
    10-29-16 03:31 PM
    As far as i can tell the DTEK has better color reproduction but the Priv is brighter in low light.
    I would agree.. Dtek60 seems to be letting in less light.. I've posted some comparisons on the stickie..
    10-29-16 03:38 PM
    I would agree.. Dtek60 seems to be letting in less light.. I've posted some comparisons on the stickie..
    To me the Priv pic looks almost washed out.
    10-29-16 03:38 PM
    For me, I love having the option of using a pkb when I want to. If you must have the latest and greatest, the DTEK60 looks like a nice upgrade from the Priv. Question is... will you upgrade again when the Mercury comes out? It's a vicious cycle that never ends. I'm just glad we have options besides Apple and Samsung.
    10-29-16 04:12 PM
    For me, I love having the option of using a pkb when I want to. If you must have the latest and greatest, the DTEK60 looks like a nice upgrade from the Priv. Question is... will you upgrade again when the Mercury comes out? It's a vicious cycle that never ends. I'm just glad we have options besides Apple and Samsung.
    No, because it's odds-on that the Mercury will be a mid-spec device optimized for extreme battery life instead of performance. That's how they'll hit the same sort of price-point the DTEK60 has, but the trade-off is wrong for my use case, which is why I bought this instead of waiting.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-29-16 04:32 PM
    The snapdragon 808 & 810 generation of processors were known to be toaster ovens and ruined the last generation of android phones. OEMs had to under clock those things just to keep the phone from melting. It is the Privs Achilles Heel.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-29-16 06:26 PM
    Excellent question. I have seen this cycle with a lot of people. It appears that people want a higher spec all touch slab. I am glad the DTEK60 is performing well. Like you, I like the option to use the pkb for typing and scrolling docs. Blackberry is like a buffet... options for everyone.
    10-29-16 06:29 PM
    The snapdragon 808 & 810 generation of processors were known to be toaster ovens and ruined the last generation of android phones. OEMs had to under clock those things just to keep the phone from melting. It is the Privs Achilles Heel.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Umm..not all Privs. I have not had heating issues. Only get warm when downloading. Day to day tasks are fine
    10-29-16 06:46 PM
    No, because it's odds-on that the Mercury will be a mid-spec device optimized for extreme battery life instead of performance. That's how they'll hit the same sort of price-point the DTEK60 has, but the trade-off is wrong for my use case, which is why I bought this instead of waiting.
    You think the Mercury will be a mid-spec phone? I don't know. I hope it's a top tier device. With a smaller screen, the battery performance should be excellent and I can see BlackBerry releasing it with similar specs to the DTEK60. That way, you have two flagships - all touch and PKB.
    10-29-16 07:52 PM
88 123 ...