12-06-16 12:11 PM
78 1234
tools
    The PIxel XL is the better choice since it has a better battery (which is useful for business), processor, camera and the latest Android updates from Google but no expandable storage.

The DTEK60 has almost no advantages over the Pixel other than expandable storage.
    This is about the dumbest comment I have read all day. I own a Pixel XL and the Dtek60, Pixel XL sits in the drawer.
    1. Universal Function Key for any application
    2. Swipe up left/right on the home button to any 3 applications or setting you want
    3. Universal phone Search Assistant (The entire phone, emails, apps, text etc) you name it, it will find it instantly
    4. YAY I dont need a second stupid launcher just to change the icons.
    5. Expandable Storage
    6. Way better speakers, the Pixel XL speakers are nothing shy of a joke.
    7. The HUB ( doesnt need an explanation)
    8. Do real world opening and closing applications to just running applications 99% its as fast as the Pixel XL (no small feat, whole reason I bought a Pixel in the first place is because how fast it runs Android)
    9. True Secure Boot, and you get security patches same day as Google Pushes out Security Patches.
    10. Its $230 dollars cheaper.
    11. Blackberry Digital Keyboard...................there is no better.
    11-29-16 01:21 PM
    Not exactly true. He said price was not the main factor.

However $400 is $400. You said that there were no advantages for the dtek. I just listed 400 advantages. There is also the sd card and BlackBerry software and root of trust etc.

Posted via CB10
    I already mentioned the sd card as a disadvantage for the pixel. And when did he say he needs the "BlackBerry software"? Any of them is fine for him as long as its better than the other for productivity purposes.
    11-30-16 05:57 AM
    This is about the dumbest comment I have read all day. I own a Pixel XL and the Dtek60, Pixel XL sits in the drawer.
    1. Universal Function Key for any application
    2. Swipe up left/right on the home button to any 3 applications or setting you want
    3. Universal phone Search Assistant (The entire phone, emails, apps, text etc) you name it, it will find it instantly
    4. YAY I dont need a second stupid launcher just to change the icons.
    5. Expandable Storage
    6. Way better speakers, the Pixel XL speakers are nothing shy of a joke.
    7. The HUB ( doesnt need an explanation)
    8. Do real world opening and closing applications to just running applications 99% its as fast as the Pixel XL (no small feat, whole reason I bought a Pixel in the first place is because how fast it runs Android)
    9. True Secure Boot, and you get security patches same day as Google Pushes out Security Patches.
    10. Its $230 dollars cheaper.
    11. Blackberry Digital Keyboard...................there is no better.
    Looks like I'm talking to a bunch of BB supporters. Since its a BB forum, everyone supports BB.
    11-30-16 06:02 AM
    Message to ViktorOTitov: This is a wrong place to ask for an opinion on a BB vs other manufacturer. Post this in Android Central, you will get completely opposite reviews. I recommend posting in a 3rd party forum. Over here, through my recent experience, everyone supports BB.
    11-30-16 06:05 AM
    Message to ViktorOTitov: This is a wrong place to ask for an opinion on a BB vs other manufacturer. Post this in Android Central, you will get completely opposite reviews. I recommend posting in a 3rd party forum. Over here, through my recent experience, everyone supports BB.
    Except people don't know much about BlackBerry devices elsewhere.

To me, unless you are willing to pay a huge premium for a better camera, the DTEK60 is hands-down a better value.
    so crow, fanBBRY and blackmass like this.
    11-30-16 06:15 AM
    Dear friends!
    I am using iPhone 7 plus.
    But I want to make my work more productive. That is why I am here. I have red a lot about Android, that it is much better than iOS for work. Is it really so?
    Cons about my IPhone 7 Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Everyday I receive hundreds of emails and I have to respond on them quickly. But on iPhone it is impossible, because the mail app updates automatically only every 15 min.
    Pros: I love the screen of my IPhone 7 Plus. iTunes is fantastic, I have a lot of music in my playlist, so I am listening it in the car, when driving from home to work. Camera (I always photo documents) is great. Recorder is great too. Bank apps work great, I mean Apple Pay and etc., social networks work great (FB, VK, Viber, WhatsApp, BBM). MS Office works great.
    So the question is, whether Dtek60 or Pixel XL will satisfy all my needs?
    What are pros and cons of these two devices?
    Price of the device is not the main factor for me.
    Thank You!
    DTEK60 is better device.
    p.s. Now since money is not an issue for you my friend I'd like to offer $300 for your iphone 7 plus. :-P
    11-30-16 08:47 AM
    I already mentioned the sd card as a disadvantage for the pixel. And when did he say he needs the "BlackBerry software"? Any of them is fine for him as long as its better than the other for productivity purposes.
    Yes you can mention the sd card.

Part of the productivity OP says that he needs is in the 'BlackBerry software '. Keyboard, hub, calendar, etc.,

As far as bias here goes, there is a lot of anti-blackberry posters here, but apart from a slightly better camera, I don't see how the pixel is a better choice. I don't think that it is even close. The dtek60 is the better purchase imo.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 09:53 AM
    Except people don't know much about BlackBerry devices elsewhere.

To me, unless you are willing to pay a huge premium for a better camera, the DTEK60 is hands-down a better value.
    But people equally know the pros and cons between both devices. I think now it's better for him to ask opinions from both sides and let him choose which device appeals most.
    11-30-16 10:56 PM
    But people equally know the pros and cons between both devices. I think now it's better for him to ask opinions from both sides and let him choose which device appeals most.
    My point is that they don't. Most people don't understand the technical nuances of the BlackBerry Android security enhancements.
    11-30-16 11:01 PM
    Yes you can mention the sd card.

Part of the productivity OP says that he needs is in the 'BlackBerry software '. Keyboard, hub, calendar, etc.,

As far as bias here goes, there is a lot of anti-blackberry posters here, but apart from a slightly better camera, I don't see how the pixel is a better choice. I don't think that it is even close. The dtek60 is the better purchase imo.

Posted via CB10
    You can download all that "Blackberry software" from the Play store.
    11-30-16 11:02 PM
    You can download all that "Blackberry software" from the Play store.
    Not all of it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-30-16 11:28 PM
    Not all of it...

Yes, but the important ones.
    12-01-16 01:27 AM
    technically it has bloatware. Everything that bb has added (hub, dtek, etc) is bloatware since its not stock android.
    Seriously??? You have no idea what "bloatware" is defined as....bloatware is typically unwelcome sofrware/spyware/malware that slows down your phone, collects and extract information for marketing purposes, and drags down your memory and speed.

This is not the case with the BlackBerry "bloatware" as you call it.... when you buy a BlackBerry, you specifically WANT things like the Hub, Security, etc....

Not even close....

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 01:55 AM
    My DTEK60 started off fine. Now constant lag, no responsive have to restart frequently.
    12-01-16 02:22 AM
    BlackBerry keyboard, productivity tab, swipe gestures, BB10-style task switcher, and DTEK are important to me.
    BLu, Randal Yandal and blackmass like this.
    12-01-16 05:46 AM
    Actually from what I've read, you don't get the swipe anywhere and the keyboard, which to me are the important ones...

12-01-16 07:47 AM
    BlackBerry keyboard, productivity tab, swipe gestures, BB10-style task switcher, and DTEK are important to me.
    I agree.

12-01-16 07:48 AM
    Seriously??? You have no idea what "bloatware" is defined as....bloatware is typically unwelcome sofrware/spyware/malware that slows down your phone, collects and extract information for marketing purposes, and drags down your memory and speed.

This is not the case with the BlackBerry "bloatware" as you call it.... when you buy a BlackBerry, you specifically WANT things like the Hub, Security, etc....

Not even close....

Posted via CB10
    See that is what you dont get. Some people DONT want the hub maybe so its boatware to them. Just the same as people dont want some of samsung's added stuff but do want some of it. Anything added ontop of android is bloatware to some and for others stuff they want.

LOL at the spyware/malware comment
    12-01-16 10:45 AM
    I agree. Been using dtek50 since launch and loving it. Out of curiosity, tried a few android devices (LG g5, Xperia X performance). I miss all those feature mentioned above even though I got hub, calendar etc from play store.

Moreover the android isn't the same on those. There are lot of unwanted bloatware and I definitely miss my dtek within a few hours

I can't use dtek60 due to its size and looks like I'm stuck with dtek50 for a while since none of the 5.2-5.3" devices have a good android flavour like BlackBerry does!!
    blackmass likes this.
    12-01-16 11:04 AM
    For me I am looking forward to pop up widgets - I think that is a great feature - very attractive to me anyways and I don't think you can download that to work with other android phones like the pixel.
    12-01-16 01:18 PM
    I am currently using Google pixel non XL version with BlackBerry manager and I do miss the swipe up to get short cut and peak. I love BlackBerry keyboard and hub but somehow outlook mail won't delete email from the server.
    12-01-16 01:52 PM

This is not the case with the BlackBerry "bloatware" as you call it.... when you buy a BlackBerry, you specifically WANT things like the Hub, Security, etc..

Not even close....

Posted via CB10
    All "bloatware" is, is pre-installed OEM/Carrier software whether you wanted it or not, and as a result eats up drive space and clutters your list of apps. Has nothing to do with spyware/malware/cpu cycles/data mining/marketing/etc...

Additionally, bloatware is only bad if it's unable to be uninstalled.
    12-01-16 01:58 PM
    What is important or not differs from each person. But ok, if he wants all those apps, he can get the DTEK60, but if those apps are not important to him, then the Pixel XL is a better phone (without those apps) at a higher price.

And with that I'm out of this discussion.
    12-01-16 11:00 PM
    The Pixel XL has a much better battery life. I switched to a Pixel XL just a few days ago. That being said, I really don't like the stock Android Personal Information Management (PIM) approach. I tried to download the Blackberry apps and just didn't find them fitting as cohesively and completely together as they do on the DTEK60. So I'll endure the lower battery life and the random hanging up on phone calls if you dare keep the phone to far from your ear () to get back to the full Blackberry experience. Just the best for me. Should be back in the saddle on Monday.
    12-01-16 11:11 PM
    Dear friends!
    So the question is, whether Dtek60 or Pixel XL will satisfy all my needs?
    What are pros and cons of these two devices?
    Price of the device is not the main factor for me.
    Thank You!

If the price is not a factor, i would say DEFINITELY get the Google Pixel XL.
    The Snapdragon 821 absolutely flys. Additionally, could could also load the Blackberry Hub + Suite which will give you all the productivity Apps that you get from the Blackberry DTEK60.

For me, price is a major factor so i would probably end up getting a Blackberry Q5 for $99 haha
    krazyatom and blackmass like this.
    12-02-16 03:08 AM
78 1234