Dear friends!
    I am using iPhone 7 plus.
    But I want to make my work more productive. That is why I am here. I have red a lot about Android, that it is much better than iOS for work. Is it really so?
    Cons about my IPhone 7 Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Everyday I receive hundreds of emails and I have to respond on them quickly. But on iPhone it is impossible, because the mail app updates automatically only every 15 min.
    Pros: I love the screen of my IPhone 7 Plus. iTunes is fantastic, I have a lot of music in my playlist, so I am listening it in the car, when driving from home to work. Camera (I always photo documents) is great. Recorder is great too. Bank apps work great, I mean Apple Pay and etc., social networks work great (FB, VK, Viber, WhatsApp, BBM). MS Office works great.
    So the question is, whether Dtek60 or Pixel XL will satisfy all my needs?
    What are pros and cons of these two devices?
    Price of the device is not the main factor for me.
    Thank You!
    11-27-16 04:03 AM
    Well. You will get "DTEK60 is more valuable" or "DTEK60 is more secure" like recommendations from here.
    11-27-16 06:18 AM
    The PIxel XL is the better choice since it has a better battery (which is useful for business), processor, camera and the latest Android updates from Google but no expandable storage.

The DTEK60 has almost no advantages over the Pixel other than expandable storage.
    11-27-16 06:19 AM
    The other big one is Price. DTEK60 is almost half the price of a Pixel XL.
    Security-wise both have regular updates, but the DTEK60 has a locked boot loader so is non-rootable on the flip side Pixel has Nougat OS for Android which will come to the DTEK60 but not for a few months.
    Spec-wise they are fairly close but Pixel does have slightly better in most cases. Though they both have great hardware overall and as previously stated the DTEK60 has expandable memory (up to 2Tb in theory though no SD cards are available yet > 256Gb).
    Functionality-wise they both have fairly non-bloated Android experiences (The DTEK60 of course has the BlackBerry software included; Hub, keyboard, DTEK, productivity bundle).

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 07:13 AM
    I am wondering the same thing but I prefer the dtek. You won't get the BB loader or keyboard on the pixel so I think software features are the main difference. I also like the flip up widgets and think that is a great feature.

This video on YouTube shows some interesting differences.

Javid Gozalov, Hidjk and Powdah like this.
    11-27-16 07:14 AM
    If price is no problem, go for the Pixel XL128 GB to experience amazing software,camera and fluidity (very similar to Iphone) with ZERO lag. Purchase the 'BlackBerry hub for Android' (minimal monthly recurring fee) which offers GREAT productivity in terms of consolidation of emails, messages and social networking on the Pixel. There is nothing equivalent to BlackBerry Hub in the Android space. Negativity is that no SD card slot but somewhat addressed by the unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos for lifetime.

If you cannot afford the '128' GB of Pixel (32GB is too little because of lack of SD card), go for dtek 60 which offers pretty much all important features in the Pixel except for the software feel, camera and Google assistant (Google assistant on Pixel is better than Siri). Software experience in Dtek 60 is just like any other Android and Camera is Very good but not Excellent. But Great value for money!
    Last edited by johnlen7; 11-27-16 at 09:16 AM.
    11-27-16 09:04 AM
    I haven't used either but I personally would purchase the phone that owns the OS. Regardless of what specs, reviews, etc say, I can't imagine android running better on a non google phone than a google phone. Now they probably run the same but if I was google, to have the slightest advantage to my own devices, I would make sure Android had an edge on my own phones.

I could be completely wrong. Just my "perception".
    11-27-16 09:16 AM
    The PIxel XL is the better choice since it has a better battery (which is useful for business), processor, camera and the latest Android updates from Google but no expandable storage.

The DTEK60 has almost no advantages over the Pixel other than expandable storage.
    The Pixel XL in Canada is $1050 and DTEK60 is $650.

Latest updates? You mean the ones that haven't been secured, leaving you vulnerable. Blackberry send out security updates every several weeks and Nougat is currently being secured before being deployed.

Overall software from productivity perspective is way better from Blackberry, it's what they do and are known for!

Compared to dtek60, Pixel front facing camera has no flash for selfies. But Pixel Camera overall will be better in low light.

Aside from that and VR, similar processor, memory, screen PPI, etc. I've had DTEK60 for 2 weeks and compared to friends Pixel XL. Dtek60 is just as fast, no lag at all. Keep in mind, DTEK60 comes barebones android, so no bloatware at all.

And DTEK60 goes to 2TB SD storage.

For price difference, DTEK60 all the way!!!
    ibpluto, fanBBRY, Jrox74 and 3 others like this.
    11-27-16 01:51 PM
    I have Google pixel and DTEK50. I was able to install blackberry hub and keyboard using cobalt's blackberry manager and it's great so far. You can't preview or swiped up to get short cut though. DTEK60 is definitely better value for the money. If you don't care about the cost, go with pixel.
    11-27-16 02:18 PM

Latest updates? You mean the ones that haven't been secured, leaving you vulnerable. Blackberry send out security updates every several weeks and Nougat is currently being secured before being deployed.

Overall software from productivity perspective is way better from Blackberry, it's what they do and are known for!

Compared to dtek60, Pixel front facing camera has no flash for selfies. But Pixel Camera overall will be better in low light.

Aside from that and VR, similar processor, memory, screen PPI, etc. I've had DTEK60 for 2 weeks and compared to friends Pixel XL. Dtek60 is just as fast, no lag at all. Keep in mind, DTEK60 comes barebones android, so no bloatware at all.

technically it has bloatware. Everything that bb has added (hub, dtek, etc) is bloatware since its not stock android.
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    11-27-16 02:22 PM
    I'm not going to try to sway you. I have both DTEK60 and iPhone and prefer the DTEK60 but that could be due to me using my iPhone for work vs the DTEK60 as personal/fun .

Your only con seems to be a lack of file manager for email attachments. Have you checked with those on imore to see if there's a way that you could achieve a better workflow to this regard?

If you're sold on the switch to android, I can't speak for the pixel, but the DTEK60 is an absolutely fantastic, amazing device for the price and offers a similar it just works, problem free experience in my use that rivals my iPhone.

I do enjoy the productivity suite that comes with the DTEK60 as it brings much of the familiarity of what I've used over the past few years with BlackBerry.. I found iOS mail to be frustrating in comparison but it's what BlackBerry is known for being good at.

Perhaps the app store has an email app that handles attachments within a file manager in a sandbox or whatever on iOS?
    11-27-16 03:49 PM
    If price is no problem, go for the Pixel XL128 GB to experience amazing software,camera and fluidity (very similar to Iphone) with ZERO lag. Purchase the 'BlackBerry hub for Android' (minimal monthly recurring fee) which offers GREAT productivity in terms of consolidation of emails, messages and social networking on the Pixel. There is nothing equivalent to BlackBerry Hub in the Android space. Negativity is that no SD card slot but somewhat addressed by the unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos for lifetime.

If you cannot afford the '128' GB of Pixel (32GB is too little because of lack of SD card), go for dtek 60 which offers pretty much all important features in the Pixel except for the software feel, camera and Google assistant (Google assistant on Pixel is better than Siri). Software experience in Dtek 60 is just like any other Android and Camera is Very good but not Excellent. But Great value for money!
    Yes, zero lag, but the next phone will have "less" lag somehow I bet. It'll have negative lag, meaning it'll do what you wanted before you even select it!

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-27-16 09:58 PM

The updates are completely secured for the Pixel, Google are not so dumb to send infected updates and he already said price is not a factor. Don't just support BB. Be honest.
    11-28-16 06:08 AM
    I am wondering the same thing but I prefer the dtek. You won't get the BB loader or keyboard on the pixel so I think software features are the main difference. I also like the flip up widgets and think that is a great feature.

Didn't know BlackBerry really went so deep into Android! Impressive.
    fanBBRY, Greened and Jrox74 like this.
    11-28-16 06:16 AM

11-28-16 06:17 AM
    Yes, that is nice, but i turned off many of the implementations after a while because there a easier ways to come to the point. In bbos10 i loved the gestures ...In Android they feel half way implemented.
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    11-28-16 08:52 AM
    On my side BB has more security features and for external storage I prefer DTEK60
    11-28-16 10:11 AM

Dtek60 is $400 less expensive. That is a pretty big advantage if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    11-28-16 10:15 AM

Great video. Thanks for the link...
    11-28-16 10:27 AM
    Dear friends!
    I am using iPhone 7 plus.
    But I want to make my work more productive. That is why I am here. I have red a lot about Android, that it is much better than iOS for work. Is it really so?
    Cons about my IPhone 7 Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Everyday I receive hundreds of emails and I have to respond on them quickly. But on iPhone it is impossible, because the mail app updates automatically only every 15 min.
    Pros: I love the screen of my IPhone 7 Plus. iTunes is fantastic, I have a lot of music in my playlist, so I am listening it in the car, when driving from home to work. Camera (I always photo documents) is great. Recorder is great too. Bank apps work great, I mean Apple Pay and etc., social networks work great (FB, VK, Viber, WhatsApp, BBM). MS Office works great.
    So the question is, whether Dtek60 or Pixel XL will satisfy all my needs?
    What are pros and cons of these two devices?
    Price of the device is not the main factor for me.
    Thank You!
    Have a look at the video link above.. I'd get the Dtek60 if I were you...
    11-28-16 10:28 AM

I changed my swipe settings because of your video link. Search left, Hub centre and Settings right. Much better now. Thanks for the link.. Love the Dtek60 it's a fantastic phone...
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 vs Pixel XL-18590.jpg  
    11-28-16 10:44 AM
    technically it has bloatware. Everything that bb has added (hub, dtek, etc) is bloatware since its not stock android.
    Buzz Kill...
    Jrox74 likes this.
    11-28-16 10:55 AM
    Dtek60 is $400 less expensive. That is a pretty big advantage if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    He said price was not a factor.
    11-29-16 05:42 AM
    He said price was not a factor.
    Not exactly true. He said price was not the main factor.

However $400 is $400. You said that there were no advantages for the dtek. I just listed 400 advantages. There is also the sd card and BlackBerry software and root of trust etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 06:51 AM

Not true whatsoever
    11-29-16 09:14 AM
78 123 ...