10-09-16 04:35 PM
40 12
tools
    It has to beat those devices to be profitable since security is too much of a niche

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 12:00 AM
    But leaving the security aspect out of the equation is the DTEK 60 still the better phone? I feel like that the One Plus is a really solid device that has proven itself while whether the Dtek 60's performance is still in the dark. Is the Dtek better than the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Very Simple Answer. (Performance Wise)
    10-07-16 03:02 AM
    Dtek for me, one plus don't update their phones . You will be stuck with your os till you give it up.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-07-16 04:28 AM
    My understanding is that One+ does not lock their bootloader, so you can load Cyanogen or similar on it with relative ease. HOWEVER, doing that means you're susceptible to permanent root compromise if something goes wrong and a number of features you might want (e.g. Android Pay) will not work since the phone has root enabled (Android Pay is specifically coded to look for and refuse to run if it finds this.)

There's a very-material difference in security posture between these devices and the Priv, and further, the update process for loading things like Cyanogen, while fairly simple, is definitely not "push a button" style -- 95%+ of the Android users will not ​go down that road. For practical purposes this means you're stuck with very slow or effectively no updates.
    10-07-16 06:45 AM
    The folks who are saying that OP do not update their phones are not paying attention to those of us who own the OP3 and are posting in this thread.

I've had the OP3 since launch. OP have issued perhaps 4-5 updates to the phone fixing things and have kept up with most of the security updates. My OP3 like others on this post is on the September security update.

Finally the OP CEO recently posted a picture of his OP3 on the Nougat (Android 7) easter egg. That would be pure torture if they weren't about to come out with Nougat fairly soon.
    CranksterBB10 likes this.
    10-07-16 10:51 AM
    Yes. Very Simple Answer. (Performance Wise)
    Lol they literally have the exact same CPU....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-16 11:22 AM
    Lol they literally have the exact same CPU....

priv and dtek dont have the same CPU....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-16 11:40 AM
    priv and dtek dont have the same CPU....
    My mistake i thought he was talking about dtek60 and op3.

10-07-16 12:17 PM
    You can't go wrong with both devices. If DTEK60 is $599, I'll go for OP3.
    CranksterBB10 likes this.
    10-07-16 12:46 PM
    My mistake i thought he was talking about dtek60 and op3.

I should have been more clear about which devices i was comparing

Yes One Plus 3 & DTEK60 have the same CPU.
    10-08-16 09:59 AM
    Personally id go dtek60. Its got better screen and better speakers, more security, sd card slot and a better camera front and back.

Oneplus 3 has 6gb of ram. Worse screen, worse speakers, no security, no sd card slot.

Imho its a no brainer.

Wow, no sd card slot? Stop right there, no need to talk about the specs. No sd card support = no go for me...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-08-16 02:18 PM
    No keyboard so no go for you anyways. The sd card slot is one of the reasons I went dtek over nexus.

Sent from my dtek50 with 144gb of storage.
    10-08-16 07:04 PM
    No keyboard so no go for you anyways. The sd card slot is one of the reasons I went dtek over nexus.

Sent from my dtek50 with 144gb of storage.
    Well there could be a time where keyboards will be no longer and we'll all be forced to assimilate and use rectangle slabs of glass. The next most important feature would be the sd card. And actually if they release a keyboard device without a sd card slot, I probably wouldn't get it either...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-09-16 11:38 AM
    I wish they could execute a proper keyboard phone without giving up screen space. My favourite iteration was an old slide out Samsung phone I had. Slid out horizontally. If they do a priv slider but like that it would be sweet and have a passport size keyboard. My classic was good width but the constant scrolling ruined it.
    10-09-16 01:47 PM
    Dtek for me, one plus don't update their phones . You will be stuck with your os till you give it up.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    On the other side, you can root or install any kind of software you want. If Blackberry never upates your phone to 7.0 or future 8.0 you're stuck. With OnePlus you can get Rom's from the comunity even if the brand doesn't push updates.

There are ROMs of Android 7.0 (as Cyanogen) around for phones like the Galaxy S3 or LG G2
    10-09-16 04:35 PM
40 12