I am currently using the Classic and absolutely loving it. It also don't want to stop using it at least until 2017 but I have used the Iphone 5s before the classic and never stopped using it. Kind of a second phone for apps, camera and all that. Also have Internet on both phones. But it's time to try something new and before a possibly awesome Iphone next year I want to try something new. Dtek 60 is the maximum as far as spending goes. I like the One Plus 3 price tag. However I am willing to spend that money for a better feel.
    How is Dtek 60 gonna hold up to probably one of the best phones in terms of quality for price in recent years?

Posted via CB10
    zhuyan likes this.
    10-04-16 10:42 AM
    Also security is nice but no deciding factor. Since there is no real privacy on smartphones.
    And for "business" I'ld use the Classic anyway wich is probably even more secure than Dtek.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 10:47 AM
    Personally id go dtek60. Its got better screen and better speakers, more security, sd card slot and a better camera front and back.

Oneplus 3 has 6gb of ram. Worse screen, worse speakers, no security, no sd card slot.

Imho its a no brainer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    brian4591 likes this.
    10-04-16 10:50 AM
    Oneplus 3 is solid overall. It does have amoled 1080p but battery life will bit better than QHD. Only thing that I do not like about oneplus products are that they have very slow updates. Blackberry will have faster updates. If you like custom rom, you may like oneplus 3. Oneplus 3 is $399 and I don't think they charge tax to US so if you're budget oneplus 3 might be ok. Personally, I like DTEK60 but device is expected to be $499 + tax.
    zhuyan likes this.
    10-04-16 11:14 AM
    One plus should be building the new BlackBerry

10-05-16 03:43 AM
    One plus should be building the new BlackBerry

I do like that idea but oneplus is known for slow updates. Not sure how they can be meshed together.
    10-05-16 11:36 AM
    Personally id go dtek60. Its got better screen and better speakers, more security, sd card slot and a better camera front and back.
    Wait... are there already camera reviews/comparisons of the dtek60? Am I missing something?
    10-05-16 02:42 PM
    I rather pay for a dtek60 than a company that has horrible rma and customer service.

10-05-16 03:06 PM
    im not sure why everyone thinks they have slow updates. I am on the september security patch on official software. Thats pretty good IMO
    10-05-16 07:21 PM
    Given a choice between the two, I'd choose the Oneplus 3.
    zhuyan likes this.
    10-05-16 08:48 PM
    Wait... are there already camera reviews/comparisons of the dtek60? Am I missing something?
    People judging by the amount of megapixels once again and not the size of each pixel. Also the camera sensor IMX230 is nearly 2 years old.

im not sure why everyone thinks they have slow updates. I am on the september security patch on official software. Thats pretty good IMO
    Everyone demands Android 7.0 to be released immediately but I see no competition other than LG with the V20 that has Nougat officially.
    10-05-16 08:50 PM
    People judging by the amount of megapixels once again and not the size of each pixel

Everyone demands Android 7.0 to be released immediately but I see no competition other than LG with the V20 that has Nougat officially.
    The only phone that gets those type of updates is the Nexus, now Pixel line. Samsung generally is decent about getting around to it but not great. BB is poor at updates too if you want to judge about getting the latest version of Android.
    10-05-16 08:53 PM
    Problem is people think BB should be able to get the updates out fast because it looks near stock and that they don't have many android phones at all but the reality is BB is going to investigate every nook and cranny for security purposes. They are doing just fine compared to the competition in terms of major updates.
    10-05-16 08:56 PM
    So far, I haven't seen DTEK60's Basemark benchmarks results. As of now, I'd pick OnePlus 3 (if there was a broader choice, I'd choose Note 7 or Nexus 6P).
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-06-16 12:06 AM
    Problem is people think BB should be able to get the updates out fast because it looks near stock and that they don't have many android phones at all but the reality is BB is going to investigate every nook and cranny for security purposes. They are doing just fine compared to the competition in terms of major updates.
    Lot of cost in doing all that..... which leads back to will it be really necessary in the future to do it.

You can bet that Android OS develpment is on Chen potential chopping block. If their licensing deals don't work out, or if they are more about the name and less about the security. Not sure I'd count on Android "O" showing up.

Simply a lot of unknowns with BlackBerry.... those don't usually turn out so good for those holding BlackBerry hardware.
    10-06-16 07:45 AM
    I am currently using the Classic and absolutely loving it. It also don't want to stop using it at least until 2017 but I have used the Iphone 5s before the classic and never stopped using it. Kind of a second phone for apps, camera and all that. Also have Internet on both phones. But it's time to try something new and before a possibly awesome Iphone next year I want to try something new. Dtek 60 is the maximum as far as spending goes. I like the One Plus 3 price tag. However I am willing to spend that money for a better feel.
    How is Dtek 60 gonna hold up to probably one of the best phones in terms of quality for price in recent years?

Posted via CB10
    So here's the deal. I have owned OnePlus One, Two, and X. They provide great hardware at a decent price point, but that is where it ends with OnePlus.

1) If you have a problem with your device, good luck getting in contact with support, and then good luck getting them to acknowledge your problem and issuing an RMA.
    2) Software updates are non-existant. The One had a bad contract with Cyanogen that lead to a fork of the OS, called OxygenOS that lags behind by several months. When I sold the OP2 last month, it was on a Marshmallow Beta from December 2015 and considered "up to date." The OPX never got updated past 5.1.1, and when the update to Marshmallow does come, it will be the final update; Nougat will never come, meaning that OnePlus effectively dropped support for a device TEN MONTHS after it first went on sale. Completely unacceptable.

That all being said, I have only described OnePlus the company, and gave up on them before the OP3 was released. Maybe they have changed with the OP3, but history suggests not.

If you need a phone NOW, get a Nexus (still available in the Project Fi store).
    krazyatom and Randal Yandal like this.
    10-06-16 10:47 AM
    Oneplus is also known for custom rom friendly so they have a lot buyers for that reason. I really like oneplus cyanogen combination.
    10-06-16 11:22 AM
    If you care about security. The BlackBerry DTEK60 is the best you going to get. But, In my opinion, the One Plus 3 is great value for money and can't be ignored.

It's hard to say what the build quality is like since its not out yet. Maybe wait till the DTEK60 is released and play with it a bit first.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    10-06-16 12:49 PM
    If you care about security. The BlackBerry DTEK60 is the best you going to get. But, In my opinion, the One Plus 3 is great value for money and can't be ignored.

It's hard to say what the build quality is like since its not out yet. Maybe wait till the DTEK60 is released and play with it a bit first.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    But leaving the security aspect out of the equation is the DTEK 60 still the better phone? I feel like that the One Plus is a really solid device that has proven itself while whether the Dtek 60's performance is still in the dark. Is the Dtek better than the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 01:33 PM
    Based on your comparison, Samsung and Apple would be dead against one plus as well but One plus is still selling very little so like anything else, build quality and what it offers (support infrastructures, security, updates) all cost money that oneplus doesn't keep up so they can offer it at lower cost.
    10-06-16 02:19 PM
    And the CEO just tweeted a picture of his OP3 on Nougat.

I've owned all 3 OP phones and OnePlus seems to get timely updates are important now.

Also had a warranty issue with the OP3 that was quickly handled by One Plus customer service.

The OP3 is an excellent value and hard to beat IMHO
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-06-16 02:29 PM
    And the CEO just tweeted a picture of his OP3 on Nougat.

I've owned all 3 OP phones and OnePlus seems to get timely updates are important now.

Also had a warranty issue with the OP3 that was quickly handled by One Plus customer service.

The OP3 is an excellent value and hard to beat IMHO
    I had op 1&2 and OS updates were very slow compared to other devices. Good to see that OP3 has fast updates now.
    10-06-16 03:32 PM
    Can't speak on the OP3, but I had a OP2 and it was solid. I'd suspect the choice would be a toss up, although some very interesting opinions expressed here. A direct comparison would be nice to see!
    Randal Yandal and krazyatom like this.
    10-06-16 04:21 PM
    Biggest straight-up issue I can see is that like most others.... no SD slot.

Considering that I have 58Gb of data on my SD card right now.... well, I suspect you can figure out my view of a phone without an SD slot ;-)
    10-06-16 06:25 PM
    I think that devices lile the Axon or the One Plus 3 is the devices that Dtek60 has to beat since they are cheaper but still very good

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 11:59 PM
40 12