Hi guys

I've had my DTEK60 for a while and never bothered to ask... but basically I'm not able to make video calls. The option just isn't there. No it is not a carrier issue because i can stick my sim in my S7 Edge and be able to make and receive Video Calls.

Model BBA100-2
    Android Version 6.0.1
    Build Number AAL158

Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it?

I did read somewhere about options in the Call Settings however those options do not exist either.
    07-05-17 07:55 PM
    I don't believe that's available in the default phone App. You probably will have to download a third party App for that.
    07-05-17 07:59 PM
    Correct, it's not in the call app by default. Google Hangouts, Allo (I think?), Skype, BBM (between Android/iOS devices but not BB10), etc. can offer the functionality you're looking for.
    07-05-17 08:33 PM
    The option of video calling is in the DTEK60 user manual... Video calling is a basic phone functionality
    07-05-17 08:59 PM
    I think BlackBerry device do not support it (video call via carrier). I know Samsung device can do it
    07-05-17 09:01 PM
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/dtek6...936306088.html

Direct from BB saying the functionality is there withing the default call app
    07-05-17 09:03 PM
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/dtek6...936306088.html

Direct from BB saying the functionality is there withing the default call app
    Well would you look at that! I don't think any of the carriers where I live support it.

You should probably contact BlackBerry support if you think it should be working on yours though.
    07-05-17 11:18 PM
    Well would you look at that! I don't think any of the carriers where I live support it.

You should probably contact BlackBerry support if you think it should be working on yours though.
    Give it a shot. My carrier doesn't support that but honestly I'd be interested just to see if you get good service from the support group. I'd recommend reaching them on Twitter first. BBHelp. Let us know how it goes. I haven't had much luck working with them, but hope you can get your issue resolved.
    07-05-17 11:49 PM
    Video calling has to be supported by carrier. Yes does work. A lot if things can and more than competitors devices like Samsung.
    07-06-17 12:14 AM
    Video calling has to be supported by carrier. Yes does work. A lot if things can and more than competitors devices like Samsung.
    No it is not a carrier issue because i can stick my sim in my S7 Edge and be able to make and receive Video Calls.
    07-06-17 12:23 AM
    No it is not a carrier issue because i can stick my sim in my S7 Edge and be able to make and receive Video Calls.
    Just a thought extract the phone apk from Samsung using ML manager and install it to keyone
    07-06-17 12:34 AM
    I doubt we could install samsung apps on other brands. I tried launcher, pay but it just failed to install. phone apk min requirement was nougat. unless someone extracts n posts so we could try. Tried xda forums but nothing.
    07-07-17 02:00 AM
    Did anyone get ahold of BlackBerry and find out more information?
    07-08-17 08:01 PM