I got my hands on an almost full box of a bit used DTEK60 at a reasonable price.

While thoroughly examining the device, the battery status was assessed by AccuBattery as good, but on-battery time is rather moderate. When the phone is turned off, the battery does not loose a single % overnight.

As there is no "Select Runtime" option in "Developer options", I used ArtChecker (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...boy.artchecker) and noted that Dalvik Android Runtime(AR) is in use on my phone. And AR difference is actually notable (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime).

As my device came used, and I was quite happy with Z30's battery before, I am curious to clarify:

*) Will Dalvik --> ART change result in any meaningful battery time increase? (in theory, Ahead-of-Time is run once at the installation time)

and also
    1) Is Dalvik (Just-in-Time compilation) the default Android Runtime for DTEK60 indeed? O_O
    2) If it is not, how should I continue looking for a way to get ART back, given that I have already used latest official autoloader on the phone?
    3) AFAIK, ART is considered the future of AR (Ahead-of-Time compilation, better battery) Why is the option to switch to it absent?

Finally, quoting WiKi "Android 7.0 Nougat introduced JIT compiler with code profiling to ART", lets hope that Android N will come to us anytime soon.

P.S. If anyone knows the AR in use on KEYone an the other Android N phone - please tell us.
    08-03-17 10:39 AM
    For the sake of conversation, the Android runtime on the DTEK60 is 6.0.1 but you're confused as to what you can and can't do here with it all. Just use your phone, stop worrying about Dalvik and ART on your Android device, it's behind the scenes stuff that YOU can't change anyway.
    08-03-17 11:26 AM
    For the sake of conversation, the Android runtime on the DTEK60 is 6.0.1 but you're confused as to what you can and can't do here with it all. Just use your phone, stop worrying about Dalvik and ART on your Android device, it's behind the scenes stuff that YOU can't change anyway.
    And to confuse the situation even more: another app ART Runtime Checker (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edf.artchecker) is telling me at the same time that I am running ART 2.1.0. I guess here I stop with "runtimes".

Most likely I should give it a decent try to follow your suggestion. :-)

JFYI: I have "dowscaled" resolution on my DTEK60 already to 1080x1920, and the change in CPU/GPU temperature is notable. So something definitely can be done. ;-)
    08-03-17 11:38 AM
    JFYI: I have "dowscaled" resolution on my DTEK60 already to 1080x1920, and the change in CPU/GPU temperature is notable. So something definitely can be done. ;-)
    Meh. Can do that with BlackBerry Power Centre on KEYone. You're not exactly breaking bounderies there lol. The ability is built in.
    08-04-17 01:08 AM
    Meh. Can do that with BlackBerry Power Centre on KEYone. You're not exactly breaking bounderies there lol. The ability is built in.
    Built in on nougat I think, on marshmallow we need pc to adjust the display resolution
    08-04-17 02:49 AM
    Good news, actually. It is 'only' left to get Nougat for DTEK60.
    08-04-17 10:56 AM