My flame suit is on, I'm heavily medicated from my 2nd emergency surgery in as many weeks, so I'm ready to feel foolish. As a former teacher MANY moons ago, I used to tell my students that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. I might prove that wrong here, so whatever happens I won't take offense. I know it's something I've overlooked and completely my fault, but the meds have me a bit loopy and I find it hard to focus. I'll probably ramble on and on in this thread. Forgive me...

I love Textra, the Hub integration, and the awesome features but something has me baffled. As I'm done with a thread of messages and want to delete them within the Hub, I can delete them just fine. However, if I happen to open the actual Textra app, the messages I had previously deleted from within Hub are still in Textra. In essence, I'm having to delete conversations in both Hub and Textra.

What am I doing wrong? What setting am I missing? I've disabled the stock messaging app, so that can't be it. Must be something easy and silly, but I'm having a hard time remembering my own name with the meds I'm on, but at least they've given me the courage to finally post here and ask.

Thanks in advance and I won't mind if you make fun of me. I'll understand that it's all in jest, or maybe not. LOL

Alan
    09-15-17 01:40 PM
    You're not doing anything wrong, Alan. The Hub will only delete the SMS conversations within the Hub. They will remain in the Textra app until you open it & delete it, as you mentioned.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    09-15-17 02:04 PM
    Right, I believe the hub is only capable of handling the notification rather than the text message itself. I'd kill to have actual SMS integration in the hub like I had on BB10. The less different apps, the better.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    09-15-17 02:14 PM
    Yea it'd be swell if BlackBerry would develop a SMS app. Even if there are a plethora of options to choose from on Android. Not too bothered by the Hub not fully deleting conversations as I rarely open the Yaata app anyway.
    09-15-17 02:42 PM
    Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your help. Turns out that it's just how Textra and Hub work. Figured it was something my feeble mind was just not doing correctly.
    09-16-17 08:28 AM