I don't think I have seen anyone make mention of the swivel holster yet, but I happened to order one on launch day and have been using it since I received my DTEK60. Not that many of us enjoy holstering our devices anymore it seems, but I figured I'd give my opinion:

Build quality is about equal to the Priv holster. It looks like it should wear pretty well as time goes on. I imagine that the ultimate downfall of most of these holsters will be the belt clips breaking. Even the red stitching is there!

Fit is much better than the Priv holster, along with the DTEK50 holster from what I have read online. The DTEK60 slides in and our easily, not too tight but also snug enough that the phone never feels like it might take a dive out of the case.

Convenience is good, but long-time BlackBerry users will notice that there is no magnet in the holster to lock and unlock the device via the holster. Not a big deal for me, and least we have a fingerprint sensor and double-tap to wake in play on the DTEK60 to make things easier.

All told, not a bad product. I will probably pick up a spare when I become 100% confident that I will use the DTEK60 for the long term. If you have any other questions, let me know!
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    10-30-16 10:22 PM
    Great to hear. I didn't order one as the DTek50 seemed very tight, but will do so now.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 10:53 PM
    Great to hear. I didn't order one as the DTek50 seemed very tight, but will do so now.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I have never seen a DTEK50 in the wild yet, but going back to last year the Priv holster was far too tight to get the device in and out easily. At least when I broke a Priv holster I was able to get a replacement at an AT&T store... no such luck on the DTEK60

I did forget to mention that I had an issue with stitching falling apart on one of the Priv holsters, but the issue was there when I received it in the mail. I didn't think it would too much worse, but I was wrong. Within one month it was fraying pretty badly.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    10-30-16 10:57 PM
    I don't think I have seen anyone make mention of the swivel holster yet, but I happened to order one on launch day and have been using it since I received my DTEK60. Not that many of us enjoy holstering our devices anymore it seems, but I figured I'd give my opinion:

Build quality is about equal to the Priv holster. It looks like it should wear pretty well as time goes on. I imagine that the ultimate downfall of most of these holsters will be the belt clips breaking. Even the red stitching is there!

Fit is much better than the Priv holster, along with the DTEK50 holster from what I have read online. The DTEK60 slides in and our easily, not too tight but also snug enough that the phone never feels like it might take a dive out of the case.

Convenience is good, but long-time BlackBerry users will notice that there is no magnet in the holster to lock and unlock the device via the holster. Not a big deal for me, and least we have a fingerprint sensor and double-tap to wake in play on the DTEK60 to make things easier.

All told, not a bad product. I will probably pick up a spare when I become 100% confident that I will use the DTEK60 for the long term. If you have any other questions, let me know!
    There isn't a sleep magnet!
    Sorry, but to me then the holster seems pretty redundant.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    bigjman likes this.
    10-30-16 11:26 PM
    Sure, shutting it off is a second step now, but I still prefer holstering my devices so I'm going to stick with it for now anyhow. Any other questions about the holster, let me know!
    AmritD likes this.
    10-31-16 09:11 AM
    Question: What holster are you talking about? I didn't see one without the stupid flap. I prefer Sedio Spring-Clip holsters, but have not seen anything similar for the DTEK60.
    11-24-16 04:00 AM

Thanks for the review!
    11-27-16 08:51 PM
    Question: What holster are you talking about? I didn't see one without the stupid flap. I prefer Sedio Spring-Clip holsters, but have not seen anything similar for the DTEK60.
    Sorry, just noticed this reply. The is the traditional BB holster with the flap. BlackBerry Part No. ACC-63066-001. I do also prefer the Seidio spring-clip holsters and have used them on the Galaxy Note 3, BB Passport and Galaxy S7 over the years. Unfortunately no such case appears to exist for DTEK60 at this time.
    12-11-16 08:40 PM
    I got a Seidio for my DTEK50, so I'm hoping one becomes available for the DTEK60. I am thinking of going into stores and seeing if I can find a close size match of another phone that does have a Seidio available.

Does anybody know what other phones the DTEK60 is close in size with?
    12-12-16 02:04 PM
    The DTEK 60 is a derivative of the Alcatel Idol 4S.
    12-13-16 05:01 AM
    The DTEK 60 is a derivative of the Alcatel Idol 4S.
    Yes, I know about that, hoping to find one that a Seidio is available for.
    12-14-16 12:22 AM
    Me too, so we will have to keep checking. The leather holster is working okay though.
    12-14-16 07:17 PM
    Hopefully they use a better adhesive for the belt clip than what was used for the PRIV holster. The adhesive for the priv one was utter garbage.

I repaired two of the belt clips with gorilla glue, and it has held up on both ever since.

Specifically this is the glue between the hard-ish material under the leather, and the back of the belt clip. It breaks loose after a short time (weeks) and without the repair the clip would fall off.
    12-17-16 11:11 PM

I like holsters. But as you say, there is no magnet to turn off the screen on entry or turn it on for exit. It's the first BlackBerry holster that I have bought which does not have this feature and it's a disappointment.
    12-20-16 08:01 PM
    Hopefully they use a better adhesive for the belt clip than what was used for the PRIV holster. The adhesive for the priv one was utter garbage.

I repaired two of the belt clips with gorilla glue, and it has held up on both ever since.

Specifically this is the glue between the hard-ish material under the leather, and the back of the belt clip. It breaks loose after a short time (weeks) and without the repair the clip would fall off.
    So far, so good. Two months in, the clip is holding in place even thought the construction seems basically the same as the Priv holster. The leather and stitching is holding up better than Priv too. At the 2 month mark on Priv I am pretty sure I was already on my second holster.

I did purchase a spare DTEK60 holster just to have it in the wings. Build quality is also OK on it, but it seems much looser from the factory than the original did. Should still be OK though.

I have noticed some minor scratches on the glass back of the DTEK60. Hoping they weren't caused by the holster, but I suppose they coudl have happened anywhere since the phone is naked when not in the holster.
    tryanfixit likes this.
    12-27-16 10:43 PM
    I like holsters. But as you say, there is no magnet to turn off the screen on entry or turn it on for exit. It's the first BlackBerry holster that I have bought which does not have this feature and it's a disappointment.
    It is a disappointment -- especially since the Priv did share hte magnet with older BB holsters. I am guessing that the DTEK50 holster is also missing this feature, but I don't own one so can't check. I just get used to using double tap to sleep before putting it in the holster, or just pressing the power button.
    12-27-16 10:44 PM
    Just an FYI, the DTEK50 Seidio Surface holster does a sorta screen blank when you holster the phone and it definitely wakes up when unholstering it.

What I mean by "sorta screen blank" is that it's not turned off, but like it went to the notification/lock screen.
    12-27-16 11:26 PM
    I had 2 holsters break with my Priv in 3 months. My thinking is these phones are just too big for holsters.

Just put my phone in my pocket naked now. Zero issues.
    12-28-16 06:33 AM
    I had 2 holsters break with my Priv in 3 months. My thinking is these phones are just too big for holsters.

Just put my phone in my pocket naked now. Zero issues.
    It's because the PRIV holsters use crap adhesive behind the belt clip. After my second one broke, I used a good adhesive to repair it and it has held up for a year, though it is starting to fall apart now

The DTEK60 one has been great so far.

I did end up buying a bigger holster on Amazon for $10 that fits the phone inside the soft shell case, which makes the phone a lot easier to pull out than the slick naked DTEK60 from the BlackBerry holster.
    12-28-16 08:55 AM
    This would have been useless for a device with fingerprint reader, since you will regardless have to scan your fingerprint or unlock with a code.

Locking the device when holstering would be useful but I never found the holsters work well enough to trust them for that

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 09:01 AM
    This would have been useless for a device with fingerprint reader, since you will regardless have to scan your fingerprint or unlock with a code.

Locking the device when holstering would be useful but I never found the holsters work well enough to trust them for that

Posted via CB10

My previous holsters did not lock the device but merely turned the screen off on entry and on again on exit. For me they always worked well. Locking the device is a separate issue.
    12-29-16 12:43 PM
    Bad quality stitching. Have had mine for 14 days now and the stitching is all ready loose.
    01-01-17 04:36 AM
    Bad quality stitching. Have had mine for 14 days now and the stitching is all ready loose.
    That is also my only complaint, now two months into ownership for me. I'm just rolling with it rather than try to exchange it. In fact, I also ordered a spare and it feels a little loose. But there's always some build quality concerns it seems like!
    01-01-17 10:08 AM
    OEM BlackBerry accessory quality has been rapidly declining since the Leap. It makes sense given the situation but it still sucks to see.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 10:17 AM
    Yes, it's true. I didn't have any BlackBerry branded accessories for my Z10 or Passport but have bought the leather holster for Priv and DTEK60 in the absence of Seidio Surface clip style holsters. Now the holster costs extra and is lower quality... ah well.

My last phone that I remember with a packed in holster was the 9900.
    01-01-17 11:44 AM