From 15 days now, when battery goes at 15%, it shut down automatically.. Also overheating.. Any idea why and what i should do?

Thanks
    08-24-17 04:21 PM
    I would wipe the device. Just make sure things are backed up first.
    08-24-17 04:45 PM
    Mine does the same randomly. Only way I have gotten it to stop is to manually force stop all running apps (except google), then clear the phone cache, then hold down the power until it reboots. After that it's fine again for a week or so.
    08-24-17 09:55 PM
    I've had this happen before and charging it fully while turned off has fixed it for me.

It appears there's something insane going on in the firmware because I've been able to clear it this way, and if it was the actual battery then how and when you charge it would not matter.
    08-25-17 06:33 AM
    I noticed after the last few updates that when the phone goes into battery saver it's basically unusable. If I wanted to do anything I basically have to disable the saver mode.
    08-26-17 12:01 AM
    I noticed after the last few updates that when the phone goes into battery saver it's basically unusable. If I wanted to do anything I basically have to disable the saver mode.
    Agreed.
    My phone is now turning off early, as well. Today was 11% and the other day, 9%.
    09-01-17 01:50 PM
    Again, charge it fully while it is turned off. That should reset the calibration. It drifts over time and the percentage remaining is an estimate; at the low-voltage cut-off the phone will shut down.
    moonflyer likes this.
    09-01-17 04:32 PM
    Again, charge it fully while it is turned off. That should reset the calibration. It drifts over time and the percentage remaining is an estimate; at the low-voltage cut-off the phone will shut down.
    Yes, this worked for me. Thanks.
    09-09-17 11:07 AM
    yer welcome!
    09-09-17 07:14 PM
    Never mind, it only worked once now back to shutting down at 15%.
    10-01-17 09:30 AM
    Check your battery capacity. If it's out of spec RMA the phone.
    10-01-17 09:49 AM
    I am having this same experience. After 10 months of use, the phone battery lasts only two hours on a full charge. It then suddenly shuts down at 15% charge. Have already done a factory reset several times, deleting and reloading all apps and data each time, but it doesn't help. Battery no longer charges to 3000 mAh, and down to 200 mAh. Phone being returned as still under warranty. Time to give up on BlackBerry.
    10-01-17 09:01 PM
    Nope -- not time to give up at all.

They had my phone for 2 days. I got it back today. Same phone (same IMEI.) New battery. Performance is back to normal and it was obvious within minutes.
    10-02-17 09:10 PM
    Nope -- not time to give up at all.

They had my phone for 2 days. I got it back today. Same phone (same IMEI.) New battery. Performance is back to normal and it was obvious within minutes.
    All I get is an email asking to send screenshot of my battery performance.

When I sent the screen shots, which confirm a fast battery drain, they ask me to do a factory reset.

I told them I have already done a complete factory reset three times recently with no improvement.

No response; now just silence.

They clearly do no wish to honour their warranty

Time to take legal action against BlackBerry.

Glad I'm a lawyer.

What a useless company.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-03-17 06:44 AM
    How do you check battery capacity?
    10-04-17 10:57 AM
    How do you check battery capacity?
    The best option is something like "Accurate Battery"; it is NOT 100% accurate (can't be, since it only is as accurate as the OS reported figures and time frames) but it's close enough for government work.

It needs a couple of decent-length charges to take an educated guess. If it comes up with something like 2500mah then the battery is probably ok (the stated capacity is 3,000mah.) If it comes up with something ridiculously short of that (1,200 mah, 2,000 mah, etc) then obviously not.

The other obvious "gotcha" is behavior. Lithium batteries, when they fail, USUALLY fail either as "high resistance" or "internal short." The latter will cause it to drain with the phone OFF. If that's the failure mode charge it, turn it off, wait 3-4 hours and magically half (or something like that) of the capacity will be gone! That's an internal cell short and is obvious. The other mode of failure (high resistance) will usually cause a forced shutdown due to voltage collapse WAY before the battery is "supposedly" out of power. To test for that start up nav (or something else that turns on the GPS and the screen continually, so as to produce a high load) and go for a drive. If the phone forcibly shuts down when it supposedly has 40% remaining you have a battery that has failed in that mode.
    bigjman and rsp21286 like this.
    10-04-17 12:14 PM
    If under warranty, send the device back to BlackBerry for repair or replacement. It's the battery.
    10-05-17 08:16 AM
    I got my Fedex return label from BlackBerry. I have sent my DTEK60 to the Canadian BlackBerry Repair Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. Battery drained after only two hours. Waiting for phone to be sent back.
    10-07-17 08:30 PM
    I just sent mine in last week since the battery would last a couple hours (shut off at 40% using gps), earpiece speaker was crackling (bottom one as well randomly on speaker), screen had random dead spot to touch in the center on it, and the USB port wouldn't hold one side of my cords in anymore. I really hope my warranty experience goes better than yours.

Did you try contacting TCL / BlackBerry via twitter or Facebook?
    11-07-17 09:24 PM
    I just sent mine in last week since the battery would last a couple hours (shut off at 40% using gps), earpiece speaker was crackling (bottom one as well randomly on speaker), screen had random dead spot to touch in the center on it, and the USB port wouldn't hold one side of my cords in anymore. I really hope my warranty experience goes better than yours.

Did you try contacting TCL / BlackBerry via twitter or Facebook?
    Yes, I have tried the BlackBerry - Alcatel Repair Centre, but they refuse to repair the device after three weeks, even though it is still under warranty.

Yes, I have tried BBMobile on Twitter, and they refuse to help.
    11-08-17 07:11 PM
    I would wipe the device. Just make sure things are backed up first.
    Already did that three times with no improvement.
    11-08-17 07:11 PM
    Agreed.
    My phone is now turning off early, as well. Today was 11% and the other day, 9%.
    Same here. The DTEK60 batteries seem to be defective.
    11-08-17 07:12 PM
    I had exactly the same experience. The BlackBerry - Alcatel Repair Centre did nothing.
    11-08-17 07:12 PM
    I have sent the DTEK60 back to the Alcatel Repair Centre a second time since the battery still runs down in two hours and the device shuts off at 25% charge.

They did nothing the first time in October. I hope they do something the second time this November....
    11-16-17 07:19 PM
  25. dennisetheridge902@gmail.com's Avatar
    Best Of Luck on the second time around, Black Berry should step up and do a recall on these defective Batteries. I've decided not to bother sending mine back for the second Battery repair.. $750 for a device and the repair Centre has had my phone twice for a grand total of 8 weeks! I've always been a Black Berry Loyalist but no more.. Now that BB has allowed me to learn Android Software im pursuing another Brand Android device. and in all honesty.. I'm Canadian.. I stuck with BB mostly because its a Canadian Company.. no More! Hardware is of poor Quality and the customer Service is Horrific. my Buddy preaches "Oneplus" products.. I'm leaning towards the New OnePlus 5T available on the Canadian Website Nov 24
    11-17-17 08:49 AM
67 123