It's been another few weeks since a rather harsh criticism of DTEK60 screen protectors available at the time flooded the forum... I wondered if anyone has had more positive experience?
    01-28-17 01:11 AM
    I am sure every screen protector have a protective and smooth experience.
    01-28-17 02:17 AM
    I am sure every screen protector have a protective and smooth experience.
    :-)
    The bulk of criticism I've seen was about the size of various DTEK60 screen protectors available on the market.
    01-28-17 04:13 AM
    :-)
    The bulk of criticism I've seen was about the size of various DTEK60 screen protectors available on the market.
    The one I bought was wrongly designed and impossible to fit properly.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    01-28-17 08:59 AM
    I guess I got my answer...
    01-30-17 09:08 AM
    What ppl are complaining about is the width of the screen protectors and that's because the screen is curved. The thin protectors will not stay properly if they made them the width of the screen. As far as I know they don't yet have curved tempered glass ones yet like the s7 edge.

I ordered some tempered glass ones from amazon and ebay and I have no problem with them. My DualPro case from Incipio wraps around the edges so the little space ppl are complaining about is next to nothing for me.

However, I think they may have ones with full coverage for the Idol 4S , which the Dtek60 is an exact clone of so you can try searching for that
    01-31-17 09:16 PM
    What ppl are complaining about is the width of the screen protectors and that's because the screen is curved. The thin protectors will not stay properly if they made them the width of the screen. As far as I know they don't yet have curved tempered glass ones yet like the s7 edge.

I ordered some tempered glass ones from amazon and ebay and I have no problem with them. My DualPro case from Incipio wraps around the edges so the little space ppl are complaining about is next to nothing for me.

However, I think they may have ones with full coverage for the Idol 4S , which the Dtek60 is an exact clone of so you can try searching for that
    Thanks! I will check back on Amazon, perhaps their tempered glass protector selection is better now. As for the size/width, I guess I'm going to have to live with that.

Not planning to get a case, though -- after Passport SE, I come to like going naked.
    02-01-17 02:55 AM
    I would love to use my phone without a case but a word of advice, The front glass display of dtek60 is extremely fragile, I really recommend putting on a case that covers around all 4 sides. I just sent mine in 2 weeks ago to BB's authorized repair shop for a cracked screen. It was 157 CA $ before tax. Just search this forum and you will see how many ppl have had a problem with the glass. I'm still waiting for them to send it back this week so I can put on my new case I ordered from Incipio. I was using the BB smart flip case when I dropped the phone which doesn't fully protect the right side.
    02-01-17 10:42 AM
    I would love to use my phone without a case but a word of advice, The front glass display of dtek60 is extremely fragile, I really recommend putting on a case that covers around all 4 sides. I just sent mine in 2 weeks ago to BB's authorized repair shop for a cracked screen. It was 157 CA $ before tax. Just search this forum and you will see how many ppl have had a problem with the glass. I'm still waiting for them to send it back this week so I can put on my new case I ordered from Incipio. I was using the BB smart flip case when I dropped the phone which doesn't fully protect the right side.
    Yup, I read your other post.
    02-02-17 01:16 AM
    I tried calling Alcatel US and they told me they don't sell the screen protector and suggested I buy an Incipio case off of their website.

I emailed TCL about the TCL950 protector they include with the device, twice, but never received a reply. It's been over a month.

Vodafone has screen protectors for their Smart Platinum 7 for sale on their UK site (should work on ours as it's another OEM Idol 4s) however they don't ship outside the UK.

I reached out through BlackBerry when they called to renew my CAL's however the rep said they don't have any and another rep said they have no channels to get any.

I also emailed 5 factories in China that were recommended to me by a client, but 3 don't have any and have no plans to make any since it doesn't sell as well as an iPhone or S7. One factory can make it, however I have to order 2,000 plus pay the mold fee, or 5,000 and the fee is waived. And the final factory is looking into making a "silk print" protector like the ones you see for the S7 that have the black border with cut outs for the camera and sensors. If I hear anything, I will post up.

Other than that we can hope one of the UK members here tries the Vodafone one and confirms it works, then somehow figures a way for us to buy them. They have a 3 for the price of 2 promo as well.
    02-02-17 01:50 AM
    Yeah I ordered my case from Incipio US website and shipped to Canada so it was pricey over $60 CA because I couldn't find them close to home. From the look and feel of it and the coverage and protection it provides it is the best case for the Dtek60 I've seen so far. The smart flip case I liked but didn't provide good coverage of the exposed edges.
    02-02-17 11:05 AM
    The front glass of the DTEK60 is extremely fragile, as reported by many around the site. Mine scratched and rubbed the finish off the corners within a week. I emailed Blackberry, who replied that they are aware of the screen issue, and to send it in for repair. I received it back, unchanged, two weeks later, with no explanation. After a few emails, Blackberry said they wouldn't fix for free after all, and they didn't bother to tell me they could fix for a fee when they had my phone. Anyway, fast forward a month of back-and-forth, and my screen protector has prevented more damage, but Blackberry only offered me a free case (?), or to fix for a fee. Go figure. Great phone, but horrible quality screen.
    02-02-17 12:54 PM
    Yup thats how they kept the price at 650$ CA. I definitely wouldve preferred premium glass and maybe some cheap parts elsewhere on the phone
    02-02-17 01:04 PM
    Turns out both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk impose shipping restriction policies that prohibit shipping any glass screen protector from the US and the UK (respectively) to Hong Kong. I went on an online chat with Amazon.com Client Service, and they hid behind (1) "manufacturer restrictions" and (2) "custom restrictions". Seriously? A screen protector is so hazardous?

My guess is that... although I have no way of checking this... screen protectors have been bundled into a larger 'mobile phone accessories' category alongside spare batteries and spare electronic parts. And since there's a ban on shipping spare batteries via AirMail, screen protectors are 'collateral damage'.

Any competing theories?
    02-03-17 09:00 AM
    Idk, but if you're in Hong Kong you should be able to find something on ebay, I ordered a set of screen protectors from 2 different vendors , 1 from Hong Kong and 1 from mainland China. That was almost a month ago and I'm still waiting for them because I'm in Canada but they should be here soon. You should try Ebay. I used to only use Amazon too but just recently started using Ebay. It's just like Amazon, u can buy things outright, you don't have to bid for everything. There are large selections of everything on Ebay with fixed prices.
    02-03-17 09:06 AM
    The front glass of the DTEK60 is extremely fragile, as reported by many around the site. Mine scratched and rubbed the finish off the corners within a week. I emailed Blackberry, who replied that they are aware of the screen issue, and to send it in for repair. I received it back, unchanged, two weeks later, with no explanation. After a few emails, Blackberry said they wouldn't fix for free after all, and they didn't bother to tell me they could fix for a fee when they had my phone. Anyway, fast forward a month of back-and-forth, and my screen protector has prevented more damage, but Blackberry only offered me a free case (?), or to fix for a fee. Go figure. Great phone, but horrible quality screen.
    Odd, I have the soft case on my phone and no screen protector, no scratches whatsoever on the screen. I've had it since early November too. Sucks that this has been your experience, it seems fairly durable to me. Then again, I've been particularly careful to avoid placing it near keys, etc.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    02-03-17 09:13 AM
    Idk, but if you're in Hong Kong you should be able to find something on ebay...
    Good thinking, will give eBay a try
    02-03-17 09:27 AM
    It's been another few weeks since a rather harsh criticism of DTEK60 screen protectors available at the time flooded the forum... I wondered if anyone has had more positive experience?
    Hate them. BTW, flagship without screen protection (Gorilla)?
    02-04-17 07:54 AM
    Went to Best Buy (Ajax, Ont, Canada) on the weekend. GeekSquad can cut a screen protector for the DTEK60. They have a machine that cuts out the screen protector based on a template/bar code. Its not the tempered glass one, but it works fine. Close to 100% screen coverage. Best feature is the screen protector comes with a warranty for the life of the phone. CAD$30. I also found a Skinomy screen protector on Ebay. I haven't put it on because i went to BestBuy first, but this one is also pretty close to 100% screen coverage: Link:
    Skinomi TechSkin - Ultra Clear Film Screen Protector for BlackBerry DTEK60 | eBay
    02-06-17 06:26 PM
    Went to Best Buy (Ajax, Ont, Canada) on the weekend.
    Used to live in Ajax, I think I know which Best Buy store you're referring to, the one off Kingston and Harwood?
    02-07-17 12:21 AM
    Used to live in Ajax, I think I know which Best Buy store you're referring to, the one off Kingston and Harwood?
    02-07-17 05:30 AM
    That's the one! Assuming if one Best Buy / GeekSquad location can cut the screen protector, other locations may be able to do the same.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-07-17 05:33 AM
    You are absolutely right, bought mine off amazon and it fits perfect. I think tempered glass is the way to go. the Dualpro case fits perfect..
    02-07-17 07:28 AM
    Try tempered glass from Amazon, fits and feels great.
    02-07-17 07:29 AM
    I have some cheap glass screen protectors I ordered off Amazon. They dont cover the screen 100% (theres about half a mm on each side) but for me it works fine, im not that picky. With the rounded screen edge you will never get a screen protector with 100% anyway.

They are fairly thin as well but I mainly just want it for scratch resistance so I am happy.
    02-07-17 09:47 AM
50 12