I posted this in Q+A and now ask as a thread...I hope this is OK...

My 3 week old DTEK60 screen flashes to black momentarily and then reappears. It occurs anywhere from every few seconds to maybe every 10 seconds. Happens with no apps open, or many.
    When I left the phone on for several days the issue seemed to go away. I restarted the phone because I wanted to do a cold boot and the issue has returned, making me think its a f/w problem.
    Although I have gone through every setting I can think of I wonder if there is something I am missing.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Android Version 6.0.1
    Security Patch Nov 6, 2016
    Build AAH487
    Thanks for any input.
    HCMAN
    12-01-16 09:21 AM
    i really do not know how to solve it, it is frustrating
    12-01-16 02:02 PM
    Is it flickering on/off the charger, if so, which charger are you using? (The one that came with it or a USB with Type C adapter?) Did you run the BlackBerry Virtual Expert to see if it could detect any malfunctioning components?
    12-01-16 04:14 PM
    I had my screen flicker twice while reading on crackberry a month ago, then never again.
    12-01-16 09:35 PM
    I have the same problem, I thought that maybe it is caused by the advanced interactions but I can't deactivate the "stay on when holding" because I can't find it in the settings. Anyway few of us have this problem, I am relief that it's more a software problem than hardware, so maybe in a future update it will dissappear.
    12-01-16 11:52 PM
    Just received my DTEK60 today my screen started doing this soon as I turned it on. I don't know if it has anything to do with charging because it's been on the charger since I got it. Phone came out of the box at 51% started setting up as a new device, and just updated the stock apps and even while plugged in the battery dropped down from 72% to 61% just doing a few app updates and the 88mb November Security update. The phone only seems to charge if you leave it alone, between this and the flashing screen thing, though not frequent, is a little concerning for a new $500 phone.
    12-02-16 02:12 PM
    After 24h with the new beta update AAI039 for Dtek60, I didn't had any flashing screen, hope it fixed the issue.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-06-16 11:11 AM