If the priv sold over a 100 k.

There has been better hype and a better price.

250 k is sure the reasonable number.
    Better hype on CB maybe but I feel Priv had a better hype overall and BlackBerry messed it up with the heating issues, build quality issues etc.
    They have always somehow messed up the opportunities they have got starting with BB10.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-06-16 04:08 AM
    What is quite wrong here is that Google play is still stuck around 100,000 installs... for the entire three lines of Android BlackBerry!!
    That means that in total (again TOTAL including Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60) they have sold less than 500,000 units

It is really really scary... and it is not an opinion but a consideration based on numbers..
    JeepBB, co4nd and John Albert like this.
    11-06-16 04:14 AM
    Not quite right , Google play is showing over 500,000 for BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry launcher.

This means other Google blackberry apps are over 100k but under the 500k

As two are now over 500, others will not be far behind

Cheers
    11-06-16 04:38 AM
    Dear OP . It is too early to predict the DTEK60 sales figures . It will all depend upon carrier support.
    What carrier support?
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-06-16 04:59 AM
    Not quite right , Google play is showing over 500,000 for BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry launcher.

This means other Google blackberry apps are over 100k but under the 500k

As two are now over 500, others will not be far behind

Cheers
    I thought you could load the Hub on non-BB Android phones, which would explain the numbers wouldn't it?

As for the rest being under 500k, that's entirely consistent with the sales figures released in the ER.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-06-16 05:05 AM
    Sales will be all corporate issues and CrackBerry folks.

I'd be shocked if they sell more than 100,000 before Christmas.
    I agree on the target markets, but why would a cost-conscious IT manager "spoil" his staff by buying a D60 over the much cheaper D50.

I doubt BB even *made* 100k D60's!
    11-06-16 05:12 AM
    What carrier support?
    Here in UAE the carrier support plays a important role in sale of device . Here we have two carrier Etisalat and Du . If these carrier decide to bring the device into their shelves it will help in augmenting the sales .
    11-06-16 05:59 AM
    You are correct you can put the Hub etc on none BlackBerry phones

So worst case 100,001 is through Priv , and dtek60\50 sales...

Which means over 400,000 plus downloads to other Android phones all paying I think , one dollar a month ...

Mmmmm, so that would be a 480,000 dollars per year for BlackBerry through selling it's software bundle , and some people thought it was a bad idea to market the Hub..very profitable bit of business

More likely to be around 400k total hardware, 100k to other Android devices

Cheers
    11-06-16 06:28 AM
    All eyes on N........the sales will probably
    11-06-16 06:51 AM
    Here in UAE the carrier support plays a important role in sale of device . Here we have two carrier Etisalat and Du . If these carrier decide to bring the device into their shelves it will help in augmenting the sales .
    Carrier support is vital, not only in the UAE, but everywhere.

And, sadly for the sales prospects of the D60, I've seen little evidence that any of the carriers have any interest in the D60. If they weren't on-board for the launch, I can't see them coming later, can you?

Simplistic, I know, but people will generally buy what they see advertised and what they can pick-up and play with in a carrier store ... and none of that is applicable to the D60.

In addition to that, BB have told the world that they are quitting phone production, and one of their Execs has said the D60 will be BB's last in-house phone. The D60 has a mountain to climb to sell big when all those factors are considered.

I believe I'm being optimistic in thinking 25k will be sold.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-06-16 06:56 AM
    If the priv sold over a 100 k.
    There has been better hype and a better price.
    250 k is sure the reasonable number.
    The Priv had some carrier support and it was released when Blackberry was still in the hardware business. The DTEK60 is a follow-up to an undifferentiated Android slab launched after BlackBerry announced it was getting out of hardware.

Which means over 400,000 plus downloads to other Android phones all paying I think , one dollar a month ...
    Mmmmm, so that would be a 480,000 dollars per year for BlackBerry through selling it's software bundle , and some people thought it was a bad idea to market the Hub..very profitable bit of business
    Very profitable? $480K per year pays for the salaries and expenses of like 3 employees once you are done collecting $1 per month.
    JeepBB and John Albert like this.
    11-06-16 07:10 AM

And, sadly for the sales prospects of the D60, I've seen little evidence that any of the carriers have any interest in the D60. If they weren't on-board for the launch, I can't see them coming later, can you?
    Is there any carrier support anywhere? I don't think so?
    11-06-16 07:21 AM
    I totally agree , on carrier support,

Dtek60 is first blackberry phone that could really sell well , but without a major carrier on board ,it will stay a small player in a huge market
    As for the software to none blackberry phones , the 480k dollars is extra income as there is no extra costs as the same people develop the software for BlackBerry phones .....
    Plus through people adding it to Samsung, sony phones etc it keeps BlackBerry at least in people's minds...

But then they need a phone to compare with a Sony z5 Samsung s7 etc

Dtek60 is first phone to do that ....but I agree 100% they need to get some major carriers on board ...
    11-06-16 07:40 AM
    Dtek60 is first phone to do that ....but I agree 100% they need to get some major carriers on board ...
    I don't think there's much "Hey, you built a nice phone, we'll sell it on our network", anymore. If you don't have market power, the carriers want input and exclusives. Remember how AT&T insisted that the Passport have curved edges? Imagine what they would want if John Chen came calling with the DTEK60 - "Hey, could you sell these? After this, though, we're outta here!"

The DTEK60 was a probably a project that was far enough along that it wasn't worth cancelling BlackBerry's work was already done and there wasn't going to be much spent on marketing and distribution.
    Last edited by early2bed; 11-06-16 at 09:19 AM.
    Pcmx, John Albert and JeepBB like this.
    11-06-16 08:24 AM
    I don't think they really care how many they sell so it's a moot point. If (by some miracle) they sell, great. If they don't, it only further justifies dumping hardware.
    11-06-16 08:31 AM
    no android N, no advertising, no sales....
    No US carriers????
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-06-16 09:17 AM
    I thought you could load the Hub on non-BB Android phones, which would explain the numbers wouldn't it?

As for the rest being under 500k, that's entirely consistent with the sales figures released in the ER.
    Pre installed apps don't count in Google play download numbers.
    simon williams4 likes this.
    11-06-16 09:20 AM
    No US carriers????
    yeah that too
    11-06-16 09:21 AM
    Dtek app is only at 100k? Same with keyboard?
    simon williams4 likes this.
    11-06-16 09:30 AM
    I think the whole point of putting the HUB on other android phones is a much larger picture than just revenue.
    The more people download the HUB, I think the more BlackBerry can probably push developers to modify their apps a little to play better with the HUB. Ofcourse this is pure speculation on my part but I think this is the bigger picture. Because the better the integration with the apps, more people will use it which could make the HUB the WhatsApp of social accounts management. That will obviously give them some crazy kind of revenue.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    anon(9100201) likes this.
    11-06-16 09:37 AM
    Pre installed apps don't count in Google play download numbers.
    Heh-heh... if you re-start the "what's included in the GPS download numbers?" debate all over again, you're unlikely to make yourself popular.

I'm not sure that a conclusion acceptable to all was ever reached...
    John Albert likes this.
    11-06-16 09:43 AM
    Because the better the integration with the apps, more people will use it which could make the HUB the WhatsApp of social accounts management. That will obviously give them some crazy kind of revenue.
    Not withstanding that social media companies don't want other apps to come between them and their users. That's how they generate their revenue, by selling ads, adding services, and directing user traffic.
    11-06-16 09:46 AM

Simplistic, I know, but people will generally buy what they see advertised and what they can pick-up and play with in a carrier store ... and none of that is applicable to the D60.

In addition to that, BB have told the world that they are quitting phone production, and one of their Execs has said the D60 will be BB's last in-house phone. The D60 has a mountain to climb to sell big when all those factors are considered.

I believe I'm being optimistic in thinking 25k will be sold.
    I agree with you .
    11-06-16 09:50 AM
    I actually wonder if BlackBerry cares about the sales figures at all?
    phuoc, howarmat and JeepBB like this.
    11-06-16 10:08 AM
    With some level of marketing, I will say maybe, about 800,000 this quarter. Might be more if BlackBerry and TCL market more aggressively and try to get carriers to support and sell the phones on contract as most people still buy on contract in the USA and Canada.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 10:30 AM
152 ... 23456 ...