True but ibjust can't see them having a device sitting on their desk to just pivot and try to get a licence from someone for a PKB device considering if someone is to licence it meaning they would be responsible to both design a d manufacturing as already stated by BlackBerry, they would require more then 6 months to go through that whole process.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    What are we arguing about? I'm confused.

1- I believe they have currently licenced at least one pkb device to another manufacturer.

2- I also believe they have a Mercury prototype sitting on Chen's desk.

3- I believe it is quite likely that Chen will decide not to manufacture the Mercury because he would prefer the new business model - no need to lose more money again.

Therefore, I believe it will be the licenced model that, in all likelihood, we will end up seeing.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-11-16 03:48 PM
    What are we arguing about? I'm confused.

1- I believe they have currently licenced at least one pkb device to another manufacturer.

2- I also believe they have a Mercury prototype sitting on Chen's desk.

3- I believe it is quite likely that Chen will decide not to manufacture the Mercury because he would prefer the new business model - no need to lose more money again.

Therefore, I believe it will be the licenced model that, in all likelihood, we will end up seeing.
    What I'm saying (not arguing just my opinion) that if there is a mercury on his desk that it is likely the device Furber is talking about being released within 6 months. The reason is licencing the keyboard (which very well could have happened) will take whoever licensed it longer then 6 months to design, test and manufacture a device considering as they already stated licencing moves all of that responsibility to the manufacturer.

10-11-16 03:54 PM
    Lol, you dug real deep into what was said to find some obscure interpretation of it. I think that goes well beyond mere discussion...
    So, no prize huh?
    10-11-16 04:05 PM
    Right so the decision on handsets was already made when he set his "deadline" because through those channels they weren't going to get to profitability as he claimed he was trying to do.

Exactly!

Which directly speaks to chen's misdirection.

Some will apologize for that till the cows come home... but it is nothing short of disingenuous.

And it is NOT excusable just because "... that's what CEO's do..."

10-11-16 04:10 PM
    Holy cow.. Play the Thurber video backwards and there is a tribute to dark side of the moon and satanic messages! .

I hope the mercury is real. If not, the priv will be my last BlackBerry and that makes me sad

but wait hopefully I will win a Dtek60 and it won't be my last BlackBerry

10-11-16 04:15 PM
    I think he has it right though.

With Chen implying he hasn't decided on his own Mercury yet, and Thurber stating there WAS going to be a pkb device, the only logical conclusion is that a licensed model is in the works and may, in fact, be the only one to see the light of day.
    Believe he said "will" not "was." Here we go, analyzing every word again. Do you think Thurber really is a politician like that?

I'm Asian, I know how awkward someone can sound as an Asian speaking English as a second language. Verbs and pronouns tend to get mixed up the most so I don't really take what Chen says word for word.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    jakie55 and Sigewif like this.
    10-11-16 07:19 PM
    So, no prize huh?
    We'll know in 6 months I guess, well, except the psychics here, they know already...

10-11-16 07:21 PM
    Oh, but if you play it back in slow motion, you'll realize that there might have been a comma in there and in fact he could have been talking about a sunken Japanese submarine off the coast of California.

And Paul is dead..... service at the villa.... sit ye down father.... oh wait... That's another site....
    10-12-16 06:18 AM
    It looks like B&H removed the product?
    Wonder if they are actually going to release the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 06:54 AM
    I am not planning to buy the DTEK60 because it doesn't have a PKB. However, I hope that that it is released and does well. I am wondering if anyone around here at CrackBerry pre-ordered it and got a confirmation for their order. That would help us to understand what is going on. It was up for pre-order in Canada at NCIX as well and that is also gone.
    10-12-16 12:16 PM
    Just seen this at The BlackBerry DTEK60 in a nutshell - Tech Addicts UK According to this it will be announced by tcl on 12th of november.
    10-12-16 02:01 PM
    It's not coming out today but maybe......someday.......maybe

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 04:25 PM
    We are implementing the blackberry good product in our company , last week the Blackberry guy told us he could deliver a dtek60 middle of next week 17-19 . Today he told us global launch is delayed but couldn't elaborate more
    10-12-16 04:30 PM
    We are implementing the blackberry good product in our company , last week the Blackberry guy told us he could deliver a dtek60 middle of next week 17-19. Today he told us global launch is delayed but couldn't elaborate more
    Bla1ze also said today that it had been delayed while they improve their marketing plans.
    10-12-16 06:36 PM
    Bla1ze also said today that it had been delayed while they improve their marketing plans.
    He also said that it will be released next week for sure ;-)
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-13-16 02:52 AM
    He also said that it will be released next week for sure ;-)
    Hopefully, at least there will be an announcement from BlackBerry soon.
    10-13-16 10:47 AM
    I hate what IF's and BUT's...butts are ok, sooo Is there a chance that the battery is made at or has any components from the same manufacture that samsung used for the S7 note?
    I can see all phone makers/manufacture/suppliers taking a really good look at the potential of fires since the note had the newest bit's and pieces.
    Could you imagine if this happens to BB, total devastation of the handsets that could come out.
    To many dates are floating around, oct 17 to nov 17, it will come out, it might be a (when ever) for now but it shall showup soon.

(funny lil joke I know)
    Do you know how to keep a moron in suspense?

I will tell you tomorrow

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10
    trader69 likes this.
    10-13-16 05:09 PM
    Your concern is now legit.
    Is DTEK60 really coming out?
    10-13-16 10:39 PM
    Your concern is now legit.
    Is DTEK60 really coming out?
    Yes.
    10-13-16 10:42 PM
    Been taken off the Handtec site now. Pre-orders cancelled then...
    10-14-16 01:04 PM
    Hm... I want the dtek60. Long wait until mercury if ever.
    Must. Resist. Focus. On. Passport...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-14-16 01:17 PM
    It will be awesome if they can release before Christmas. Targeting Christmas gifts!
    10-14-16 01:24 PM
    Been taken off the Handtec site now. Pre-orders cancelled then...
    There was never any pre-orders to begin with. It hasnt yet been officially announced. Chances are this will all get cleared up next week.

10-14-16 03:55 PM
    There was never any pre-orders to begin with. It hasnt yet been officially announced. Chances are this will all get cleared up next week.

There were on the Handtec site. I had an online chat with a member of their staff asking them how soon they would receive them after the launch. 2 days later, pre-orders and the device are removed from their site.
    10-14-16 04:07 PM
    There were on the Handtec site. I had an online chat with a member of their staff asking them how soon they would receive them after the launch. 2 days later, pre-orders and the device are removed from their site.
    Exactly. Key words "after launch". There hasn't been a launch or even acknowledgement of the device existence. Like i said, I'm sure it will be cleared up early next week

10-14-16 10:53 PM
109 ... 2345