I watched the recent interviews of Alex Thurber, Ralph Pini, and John Chen. They never mentioned anything related to Dtek60, whic supposed to get released very soon. They stressed many times that the upcoming phones will be produced and distributed by the new partner. TCL is not mentioned as the new partner that would handle these tasks, and only the Indonesian partner was mentioned. I guess TCL only accepted to produce re-branded BlackBerry phones and not controlling the entire process.
    Uncertainty was obvious from Chen's words about the future devices. BlackBerry is looking forward to clearing the inventories, and the Passport is almost sold out in every European country in ShopBlackBerry.
    I know these are only speculations. What do you think guys?
    John Albert likes this.
    10-07-16 12:34 AM
    Yes it's coming
    10-07-16 12:39 AM
    A lot of activity for them to not release it.

• It's on their site, which keeps getting updated.
    • It's at the FCC
    • It's at the WiFi Alliance
    • It's at the distributors

Granted, it's not the first time they've pulled devices in the 11th hour but....
    10-07-16 12:42 AM
    A lot of activity for them to not release it.

• It's on their site, which keeps getting updated.
    • It's at the FCC
    • It's at the WiFi Alliance
    • It's at the distributors

Granted, it's not the first time they've pulled devices in the 11th hour but....
    What phone got this far and was pulled? Curious

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-16 12:43 AM
    What phone got this far and was pulled? Curious

Cafe and Americano series. Maybe not as far... but close enough that you can still buy parts for them lol.

BlackBerry Z5 'C-Series' gets shown off once again | CrackBerry.com
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-c-s...lorious-photos
    10-07-16 12:48 AM
    Thank you Bl1aze.. You simply the best web blogger/ moderator I ever seen in my life.
    You are having an answer for every question. Much Appreciated.
    10-07-16 01:13 AM
    Cafe and Americano series. Maybe not as far... but close enough that you can still buy parts for them lol.

BlackBerry Z5 'C-Series' gets shown off once again | CrackBerry.com
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-c-s...lorious-photos
    Oh ya. I forgot about that one. Nice

10-07-16 09:17 AM
    Spoke with BB tech support (in Mexico) yesterday re screen repair of my dtek50. He said they have the dtek60 there in hand and was impressed with the phone. He assumed they would be released soon.
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-07-16 10:44 AM
    If they canned it now, they'd be sitting on quite a bit off inventory.
    10-07-16 11:49 AM
    I watched the recent interviews of Alex Thurber, Ralph Pini, and John Chen. They never mentioned anything related to Dtek60, whic supposed to get released very soon. They stressed many times that the upcoming phones will be produced and distributed by the new partner. TCL is not mentioned as the new partner that would handle these tasks, and only the Indonesian partner was mentioned. I guess TCL only accepted to produce re-branded BlackBerry phones and not controlling the entire process.
    Uncertainty was obvious from Chen's words about the future devices. BlackBerry is looking forward to clearing the inventories, and the Passport is almost sold out in every European country in ShopBlackBerry.
    I know these are only speculations. What do you think guys?
    Did you expect anything but uncertainty after johnny opens his trap?

10-07-16 02:17 PM
    Yes i agree, that those comments by John Chen threw sand in the gears. They easily lost a lot of enterprise sales for the DTEK50 by creating uncertainty regarding shutting down hardware. I am amazed this is they type of mistake even rookey CEO's don't make let alone 20 year veteran CEO's.
    10-07-16 08:10 PM
    ^ what's weird is they keep making these mistakes of not knowing how to control the press and their image. They need someone with strong PR experience to know how to deal with timing of events and news.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-07-16 09:26 PM
    Yes i agree, that those comments by John Chen threw sand in the gears. They easily lost a lot of enterprise sales for the DTEK50 by creating uncertainty regarding shutting down hardware. I am amazed this is they type of mistake even rookey CEO's don't make let alone 20 year veteran CEO's.
    Chen has been pretty honest with what he's doing, maybe too much so. Some may say he's been lying, but he's followed through. He said he would focus on enterprise, build up software and exit hardware if it didn't make a profit. I think the only failing on his part is that he tried to keep hardware alive, while not knowing exactly what to do with it long-term.

My worry with the DTEK60 and BlackBerry's "exit" of hardware is how much longer they can devote resources to maintaining updates. Two years would be fine, as with other Android manufacturers, but if BlackBerry is out, what obligation is there? To appease customers who bought the hardware, who in the long term won't be buying more anyway, as they don't have anything new to sell?
    10-08-16 12:57 AM
    My Problem with Chen is that he confuses people, whether with the tenses and lack of connecting words, typical of an English as a second language person, or a tech person. I believe that BB needs a PR person, who can get the unified message out, and make sure all the others stay to the script. Much easier on us who read the tea leaves!
    10-08-16 01:43 AM
    My Problem with Chen is that he confuses people, whether with the tenses and lack of connecting words, typical of an English as a second language person, or a tech person. I believe that BB needs a PR person, who can get the unified message out, and make sure all the others stay to the script. Much easier on us who read the tea leaves!
    You mean Chen needs to make the product roadmap clear for the next two years, since he'll still be in charge anyway?

- DTEK60 launch within a month
    - Mercury within six months
    - Android support, including major releases, for at least two years

And he needs to deliver...
    10-08-16 03:18 AM
    Part of the mixed up message is one device? two devices? this year as in Calendar? as in corporate year??? Get someone to do the speaking, so the information is clear. As was said by others, you know that at this time of the year, Apple and Google will announce the next best greatest widget. Time for BlackBerry to do the same.
    10-08-16 03:38 AM
    I was wondering with a little more than a spec sheet, Why are so many people excited about the Dtek60? What phones are you currently rolling with and why the urge to get rid of it? Have many of you guys tried the Dtek50 and didn't like it?

I am a major phone geek and I am excited because I buy every phone that comes out and plays with them for a few weeks and sells them. I just love the smell and the feel of a good unboxing!! (I know, I have issues).

With so many phones coming out I am a little behind. I just got my 2nd Priv the other day. I had one at launch and didn't like it and heard that it is much better now and wanted to give it another shot. I have a Passport SE coming next week. I have had a Red and a Black in the past but now with the $299 price I had to try the SE.

I was just wondering why the excitement over the 60 since the 50 is still relatively new. Just asking..
    10-08-16 06:34 AM
    I was wondering with a little more than a spec sheet, Why are so many people excited about the Dtek60? What phones are you currently rolling with and why the urge to get rid of it? Have many of you guys tried the Dtek50 and didn't like it?

I am a major phone geek and I am excited because I buy every phone that comes out and plays with them for a few weeks and sells them. I just love the smell and the feel of a good unboxing!! (I know, I have issues).

With so many phones coming out I am a little behind. I just got my 2nd Priv the other day. I had one at launch and didn't like it and heard that it is much better now and wanted to give it another shot. I have a Passport SE coming next week. I have had a Red and a Black in the past but now with the $299 price I had to try the SE.

I was just wondering why the excitement over the 60 since the 50 is still relatively new. Just asking..
    I have a Classic and it's come to the stage of moving with the times. I read many comments on this forum that tbh could have been written by an anti-BlackBerry mob. BlackBerry suits me perfectly due to the security, HUB and ease of use from a professional standpoint. It's time to upgrade and I've been waiting for this type of phone to be released for quite a while. The DTEK60 can't be compared to the 50, it's simply in a different league.

Just out of interest - did you find the later Priv an improvement on when it was initially released?
    10-08-16 08:32 AM
    Part of the mixed up message is one device? two devices? this year as in Calendar? as in corporate year??? Get someone to do the speaking, so the information is clear. As was said by others, you know that at this time of the year, Apple and Google will announce the next best greatest widget. Time for BlackBerry to do the same.
    Exactly!

The lengths that some will go to apologize for this guy's ineptitude is astounding.

10-08-16 12:26 PM
    I have a Classic and it's come to the stage of moving with the times. I read many comments on this forum that tbh could have been written by an anti-BlackBerry mob. BlackBerry suits me perfectly due to the security, HUB and ease of use from a professional standpoint. It's time to upgrade and I've been waiting for this type of phone to be released for quite a while. The DTEK60 can't be compared to the 50, it's simply in a different league.

Just out of interest - did you find the later Priv an improvement on when it was initially released?
    Exactly!! I have a Classic and love the phone. the only issue is that I like to read a lot of news like CNN and other's, and the rendering on the Classic is absolutely horrible. So bad that I end of exiting out because it takes too long on my Classic. The DTEK60 Looks like a great phone with great specs and would be perfect as an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    RichardAitch likes this.
    10-08-16 01:01 PM
    Even worse with Chinese being the first language as our sentence structures are completely different from English. Asians who speak English as a second language are probably some of the worst. It's not that they don't know it, but it's hard to keep both fresh. I know people both friends and family who are Asian who speak English as a second language that still gets pronouns and verbs mixed up all of the time and they actually speak English very fluently.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-08-16 01:24 PM
    If they canned it now, they'd be sitting on quite a bit off inventory.
    And playing the full cynical card - if they don't can it now, will that change??????????
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-08-16 02:41 PM
    And playing the full cynical card - if they don't can it now, will that change??????????
    Well, they'd have at least one less.
    FF22 and JeepBB like this.
    10-08-16 03:06 PM
    As long as they don't make the mistakes of the past thinking they will sell 10 million of them they should be alright.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-08-16 03:26 PM
    As long as they don't make the mistakes of the past thinking they will sell 10 million of them they should be alright.
    What a tricky game to play...

Say 1 million units costs the same to build as 10 million units, so perhaps making 10 million is better, as you'll have more inventory... but would you make the margin less with 10 million units to make it more appealing to buy? But what if the market only wants 5 million units total? You're stuck with 5 million units that already have low margins. What if you price it higher, pretending you have only 5 million units to sell? You'd make a profit, but now you have 5 million to store and dispose of, which by dropping the price on the second 5 million, would **** off the people who bought into the first five million. If you made less than 5 million, you just lost out of potential sales.

With BlackBerry selling < 1 million phones per quarter, how many DTEK60's would you make?
    10-08-16 04:06 PM
109 123 ...