Does anyone know of a solution to this? my DTEK60 still does the random reboots at night, almost caused me to miss a flight this morning when my alarm didn't go off. Seems to do the reboot a few times a month...
    It's the battery and electronics. You have to contact BlackBerry Mobile Support. They will refer you to the Alcatel Repair Centre in your country.
    11-18-17 11:00 AM
    Never had random reboots at all...but never charge overnight either cause charging is so fast.
    11-18-17 12:35 PM
    Hi, I recently moved from the passport to a Xiaomi mi max 2. My lovely passport had a lot of issues after its updat to 10.3.3.1435 which I could not manage.
    Of course, my first app was the blackberry hub. But, still, I have an issue: I have set everything okay, all my accounts, etc. But when I compose an e-mail, the hub seems NOT to remember my usual recipients, so, instead of proposing relevant e-mail addresses, it lets me write it down completely.

If I remember well, then you start typing the recipient's e-mail address, then a list of usually and recently contacts appears. Could you please help? Thanks.
    11-18-17 12:35 PM
    Does anyone know of a solution to this? my DTEK60 still does the random reboots at night, almost caused me to miss a flight this morning when my alarm didn't go off. Seems to do the reboot a few times a month...
    Do NOT rely on the DTEK60 alarm. The battery and electronics are defective. You must seek a repair.
    11-18-17 02:11 PM
    Meh. Mine has yet to let me down
    11-18-17 05:21 PM
    It's the battery and electronics. You have to contact BlackBerry Mobile Support. They will refer you to the Alcatel Repair Centre in your country.
    Are all the Alcatel Repair Centers aware of this issue with the DTEK60? Living in Thailand I would hate to give them my phone and not have them be able to repair it.
    11-19-17 02:01 AM
    The Alcatel center should be able to fix it, since these phones use the same battery. It's pretty trivial to change other than getting the back off without breaking it (which any competent phone repair place should be able to do.)
    11-19-17 07:51 AM
    The Alcatel center should be able to fix it, since these phones use the same battery. It's pretty trivial to change other than getting the back off without breaking it (which any competent phone repair place should be able to do.)
    It depends on the country. Here in Canada, SBE Canada has been submitted contracted as the Alcatel Repair Centre. They are awful. Apparently the American Repair Centre is better.
    11-19-17 11:35 AM
    Were I in Canada and unable to get satisfaction I'd probably spend $30 on a replacement battery and then find any of the little cell repair shops that can change a screen, handing them both the phone and replacement battery.

It shouldn't take them more than a half-hour to swap it.
    11-19-17 01:39 PM
    Were I in Canada and unable to get satisfaction I'd probably spend $30 on a replacement battery and then find any of the little cell repair shops that can change a screen, handing them both the phone and replacement battery.

It shouldn't take them more than a half-hour to swap it.
    I am not sure what battery to get; some say Idol 4S, some say Idol 5S.
    11-19-17 05:33 PM
    I am not sure what battery to get; some say Idol 4S, some say Idol 5S.
    Is that a viable option? There's tons of phone repair shops here in Thailand as well as parts markets. I could easily get a new battery if I knew the best option for the DTEK 60, assuming there's more than one.
    11-19-17 11:38 PM
    I believe it's the 4s; dig around here in these threads someone had a repair invoice with the part number on it. Google that and you'll find it; that's how I located it.
    11-20-17 08:25 AM
    its 4s. battery code is TLp030f2.
    11-20-17 10:03 AM
    OK thanks. I wouldn't know how to change the battery. The DTEK60 is apparently glued sealed, so it's very hard to change the battery without cracking the glass back.
    11-20-17 11:03 AM
    OK thanks. I wouldn't know how to change the battery. The DTEK60 is apparently glued sealed, so it's very hard to change the battery without cracking the glass back.
    Take it any of the myriad places that do battery and screen replacements; any of the places that can handle getting an iPhone back off without breaking it can do the same thing with the DTEK.

It's not really all THAT hard; you use reasonably-controlled heat (e.g. a heat gun with a settable temperature) to get it good and warm and the glue will release. It just takes much more care with a phone that has a glass back like this one because if you put any material amount of torsional stress on it the glass will break.
    11-20-17 11:23 AM
    So this is an Alcatel battery for a One Touch Idol, and is also the same battery as the DTEK?
    11-22-17 07:34 AM
    Yep. That's what I was looking for personally; exactly which battery it was. When mine was fixed they didn't have the part number on the repair ticket -- but someone has posted one that does, so now we have it.
    11-22-17 08:29 AM
    So this is an Alcatel battery for a One Touch Idol, and is also the same battery as the DTEK?
    Yes its same. When I gave my handset for battery replacement , the job sheet mentioned Battery for Alcatel /Dtek 60. In India, RV solutions is service provider to Alcatel, BlackBerry, Zuax and few other brands ( some which I didn't even know lol). So I think it was easy for them to tie up with them rather than making new service partners.
    11-22-17 11:56 AM
118 ... 345