I've been using a BB DTEK60 for about 5 months (this is my 6th BB cell phone) and twice now I've missed alarms set to go off in the morning because the cell phone restarts "automatically and ramdomly" and because I've setup the need to enter a password in order for Adroid to restart (security setting), the phone stays on a black screen waiting for the password to be entered thus I miss the alarms because the cell never boots up until I wake up to find the phone in this "in between" stage. Normally I leave my cell plugged in overnight.
    I'm in the exact same boat. I'm not sure though it is a BB or Android issue specifically. We experience the issue and missed alarms (big problem) BECAUSE of the extra security clearance (requiring a password to boot it up). So I don't know what BB can/will do about it, but it's a problem. Happened to me last night for the 3rd time in the past month or so.

For everyone having this reboot issue does it happen both when the phone is plugged in to charge overnight and when it is not plugged in? Not that this should make a difference but just curious to see if there is any difference between the two scenarios.
    It ONLY happens to me when it is plugged in/charging using the original charger from the box.

Anyone come up with any ideas/workarounds?
    The only one I've heard about this far is not charging overnight in order to not miss an alarm... this kind of sucks, but seems like the only (temporary) solution for now. I would further add that putting the phone in Battery Saving mode may be a good idea. I guess I will do this when I absolutely CANNOT miss an alarm in the morning.
    01-16-17 06:45 AM
    I'm having the same rebooting at night when plugged in issue. If anybody has a resolution please let me know.
    01-24-17 12:27 AM
    Hello,

Anyone have experience with random reboot the phone at night time? The phone is at charge (original charger) and in pocket pouch case.
    I verified the restart time on Settings-About Phone-Status-Up time. The up time is 4 hour at morning, and previous day was 156 hours.
    I have restarts for many times (at night, not when I use the phone). When the phone restarts I not been able to stop the alarm with the case on (to swipe to the right or left on the smart case).

Is this an android problem?

Thank you.
    Yes, I have experienced the same problem ; the DTEK60 reboots at night, and sometimes randomly during the day too.
    01-24-17 06:24 AM
    I've been using a BB DTEK60 for about 5 months (this is my 6th BB cell phone) and twice now I've missed alarms set to go off in the morning because the cell phone restarts "automatically and ramdomly" and because I've setup the need to enter a password in order for Adroid to restart (security setting), the phone stays on a black screen waiting for the password to be entered thus I miss the alarms because the cell never boots up until I wake up to find the phone in this "in between" stage. Normally I leave my cell plugged in overnight.

This is an issue with the Adroid OS, the clock/alarm, and the password requirement setting. Note that my cell isn't set to updated the "system" automatically and don't even think there is a way of setting this up, the "Apps" are not set to update automatically either although they aren't related. A system update is NOT the same as an App update for clarity purpose. The apps on my cell don't update automatically and still, I'm having issues with the alarm not working because the cell phone rebooted overnight.

I called BB support and I was asked to do a hard reset (Restart methods for BlackBerry powered by Android smartphones), and then clear the data and cache by going the the Clock app. After, I was asked to set new alarms and test the phone. I've done that and so far the alarms are working as expected. Does anyone have experienced this and have found a fix for it? BB support told me that the next step will be a factory reset which I refuse to do at this time...too drastic!

Thanks.
    Yes, I've had exactly the same issue; the phone restarts at night. In the morning the alarm never sounds because the phone is waiting for me to enter the password to restart. Don't know how to solve this.
    01-24-17 06:28 AM
    Mine has rebooted several times in the past week of ownership. This causes me to miss alarms, not very reliable. I have reset to factory defaults twice with no change.

At this point with this issue and the cameras poor performance (in my opinion) im returning the DETEK60 and going back to my S7 Edge. Really wanted this phone to work out for me. Good luck to those having issues.
    I've had the same problem with the reboot and cancelled alarm.
    01-24-17 06:30 AM
    For everyone having this reboot issue does it happen both when the phone is plugged in to charge overnight and when it is not plugged in? Not that this should make a difference but just curious to see if there is any difference between the two scenarios.

Posted via CB10
    Happened to me when phone is plugged in and charging. It has happened at night, but also during the day.
    01-24-17 06:31 AM
    Mine also does this randomly when plugged in at night, so when I wake up in the morning it is at the password screen to enter my code to start android
    I've had exactly the same problem. I've missed alarms.
    01-24-17 06:32 AM
    Hello folks

same issue here. It seems to happen as well while charging over night. This is quite an issue for my company as we all have 24h on phone call duty shifts. With this silly reboot, no alarm, no phone call, no nothing! This is really a silly situation.

OS updates can't be deactivate, neither set to a specific time of the day.

I really hope BlackBerry is working hard on this issue and will find quickly a workaround otherwise...

I'll try for a few days/week the suggested workaround (not charging at night).

Keep posted.
    poy
    Yes, it's maddening when the phone reboots and the alarm doesn't sound! Never happened with BlackBerry OS10!!
    01-24-17 06:34 AM
    i have no idea how this can be solved, unless somehow an alarm app is part of the boot process and is still activated in case of a restart.

only current "solution" is to unplug the phone right before going to sleep... put it in Battery Saver so you dont have too much battery consumed when you wake up.
    01-24-17 06:36 AM
    So I spoke too soon, and had it reboot on me in the night immediately following the previous post I made.

Condition before restart: I had been playing games, and watching YouTube videos for at least an hour or two previously, and ran the battery down from 70% to 20%, then put it on the rapid charger, and it uses NightDream through the night also. The phone was warm to hot prior to plugging in.

It actually has happened twice now, and only after I have ran the temp up pretty high before plug in. I believe it is a safety shutdown due to CPU or battery temperate.

To test this, I plan on tracking temperature prior to nightly plugin and running up the trmp high on the weekend when I don't need alarms. I will report finding in a week or two.
    01-24-17 07:08 AM
    So I spoke too soon, and had it reboot on me in the night immediately following the previous post I made.

Condition before restart: I had been playing games, and watching YouTube videos for at least an hour or two previously, and ran the battery down from 70% to 20%, then put it on the rapid charger, and it uses NightDream through the night also. The phone was warm to hot prior to plugging in.

It actually has happened twice now, and only after I have ran the temp up pretty high before plug in. I believe it is a safety shutdown due to CPU or battery temperate.

To test this, I plan on tracking temperature prior to nightly plugin and running up the trmp high on the weekend when I don't need alarms. I will report finding in a week or two.
    doubt it. mine rarely runs hot, and hardly ever before bed. usually just some messaging prior to me going to sleep.

Only question I have, is what CABLE is everyone using who has had the reboot? The one that came with the phone? I've been using a 10 foot aftermarket cable (the one that comes with it is like 3 feet which is a joke). I've noticed a bit of strange behaviour and am wondering if it's related.
    01-24-17 07:17 AM
    I saw this thread a while back, but it didn't apply to me. My friend who also bought a DTEK60, though, wasn't as lucky and his phone had done this a few times.

However, I was an hour late for work this morning because of it!! I do usually get up before my alarm, but I had a late night last night. When I did eventually wake up, I realised the time - checked my phone and it was off (asking for password verification to boot).

It's never done this before, but it seems to happen to my friend when he leaves it on charge all night (which I happened to do last night).

Really annoying!
    01-24-17 07:51 AM

The reboot has happened to me as well, but heat has never been a factor.
    01-24-17 08:50 AM
    I saw this thread a while back, but it didn't apply to me. My friend who also bought a DTEK60, though, wasn't as lucky and his phone had done this a few times.

However, I was an hour late for work this morning because of it!! I do usually get up before my alarm, but I had a late night last night. When I did eventually wake up, I realised the time - checked my phone and it was off (asking for password verification to boot).

It's never done this before, but it seems to happen to my friend when he leaves it on charge all night (which I happened to do last night).

Really annoying!
    This exactly what has happened to me; alarm cancelled due to reboot, and the phone waiting for me to enter passcode.
    01-24-17 08:51 AM
    i have no idea how this can be solved, unless somehow an alarm app is part of the boot process and is still activated in case of a restart.

only current "solution" is to unplug the phone right before going to sleep... put it in Battery Saver so you dont have too much battery consumed when you wake up.
    I'm not sure if this would help since my phone has rebooted even when not plugged in to charge.
    01-24-17 08:54 AM
    I'm in the exact same boat. I'm not sure though it is a BB or Android issue specifically. We experience the issue and missed alarms (big problem) BECAUSE of the extra security clearance (requiring a password to boot it up). So I don't know what BB can/will do about it, but it's a problem. Happened to me last night for the 3rd time in the past month or so.

It ONLY happens to me when it is plugged in/charging using the original charger from the box.

Anyone come up with any ideas/workarounds?
    The only one I've heard about this far is not charging overnight in order to not miss an alarm... this kind of sucks, but seems like the only (temporary) solution for now. I would further add that putting the phone in Battery Saving mode may be a good idea. I guess I will do this when I absolutely CANNOT miss an alarm in the morning.
    I have had the same problem. The phone has rebooted even when not charging however. It is of course more serious when the phone reboots at night and the alarm doesn't sound!
    01-24-17 08:58 AM
    I have had the same problem. The phone has rebooted even when not charging however. It is of course more serious when the phone reboots at night and the alarm doesn't sound!
    tony, Can you please stop replying to every single post on here with contributions which are of zero value? Say it ONCE, and/or multi-quote it. i dont need multiple notifications telling me you have this problem. we're trying to add value to eachothers' posts to try to help come up with a solution. here are your recent contributions. we get the point.

"I've had the same problem with the reboot and cancelled alarm."
    "Yes, I've had exactly the same issue; the phone restarts at night. In the morning the alarm never sounds because the phone is waiting for me to enter the password to restart. Don't know how to solve this."
    "Happened to me when phone is plugged in and charging. It has happened at night, but also during the day."
    "Yes, I have experienced the same problem ; the DTEK60 reboots at night, and sometimes randomly during the day too."
    "Yes, it's maddening when the phone reboots and the alarm doesn't sound! Never happened with BlackBerry OS10!!"
    "I've had exactly the same problem. I've missed alarms."
    "This exactly what has happened to me; alarm cancelled due to reboot, and the phone waiting for me to enter passcode."
    "I have had the same problem. The phone has rebooted even when not charging however. It is of course more serious when the phone reboots at night and the alarm doesn't sound!"

ANYWAYS, trying to stay on topic... I asked this earlier before it got buried by all your comments:
    Only question I have, is what CABLE is everyone using who has had the reboot? The one that came with the phone? I've been using a 10 foot aftermarket cable (the one that comes with it is like 3 feet which is a joke). I've noticed a bit of strange behaviour and am wondering if it's related.
    buwee likes this.
    01-24-17 11:38 AM
    First snapchat quality is hideous, now this. I find no reason to keep this phone and I am highly disappointed with these issues.
    01-24-17 11:54 AM
    I used the original cable.
    01-24-17 02:30 PM
    I used the original cable.
    OK that's not it then. Reason is, I have the green indicator bar for my battery charging that shows up on the right side of the screen when it's plugged in. Usually it just shows a bar and the percentage... but occasionally I'd see it turn off, and turn on sporadically (as if it's losing connection)... I never experienced/noticed this with the original cable, so I thought maybe if it did that too many times while plugged in it would reboot or something.
    01-24-17 02:59 PM
    My phone has been solid, my wife's though has rebooted 3 times over night with the stock cable + charger, and once during the day on the BB rapid charger and a third party 10ft cable.

Before bed she usually runs the battery down playing Candycrush.... same as the one time during the day. I've told her to keep an eye on what apps are left minimized... might shed some light it the samething is always running...

I don't usually run my phone down right before plugging it in.
    liquidneon likes this.
    01-24-17 05:01 PM
    I use the original charger and cable that comes with the phone. Mine hasn't restarted for about a week now. But it would happen every other day. I turned all apps to non-auto update. And update when I want. I then updated all my apps. Restarted my phone and so far for the past week, it has been awake and hasn't restarted since. Fingers crossed cause I like to sleep, so if my alarm doesn't go off I'm usually Late to work.

My phone doesn't often run hot either.

I tend to put it on charge once it's below 30% now.

Has only ever happened over night, with the cable in on charge. Could it be the software glitch to restart the phone to avoid over loading the battery as there is some issue with battery full detection mechanisms? Not the most technical way to ask if the phone struggles to stop taking on charge. But hopefully someone understands?
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-24-17 05:19 PM
    Before bed she usually runs the battery down playing Candycrush.... same as the one time during the day. I've told her to keep an eye on what apps are left minimized... might shed some light it the samething is always running...
    I don't usually run my phone down right before plugging it in.
    The only apps i ever leave running/minimized are Hub and sometime BBM. nothing else is ever running overnight.
    I pretty much run my phone down to below 10% before plugging in, but not always.... that's a potential common element.

I turned all apps to non-auto update. And update when I want. I then updated all my apps.
    I tend to put it on charge once it's below 30% now.
    Could it be the software glitch to restart the phone to avoid over loading the battery as there is some issue with battery full detection mechanisms? Not the most technical way to ask if the phone struggles to stop taking on charge. But hopefully someone understands?
    I turned off auto updates a long time ago as well - so that's not the issue either.
    This "overload protection" is the only thing that makes sense from what I'e heard here so far, but obv we're no pros and could be totally off. I have no idea what else it could be.
    01-25-17 06:31 AM
    Hi everybody, I'm new here and have the same Problem.
    So I got my device last Saturday (today is Wednesday) and charged it I gues 3 or 4 times. But except of one night always in the Office when I have a look at it. And I wondered the first time when it happened that it got charged 100% and immediately turned off but I thought it could be because of the first repeated updates because it is totally new. But it happened every single time after charging. Now I think as well it is a problem.
    Origanl cable and charger.

Thanks
    01-25-17 08:01 AM
    mine rebooted randomly not at night, found out it was and app problem, i downloaded a couple new apps (ones that i hadn't used before) and thats when it started, uninstalled them, found other ones to use, never had a problem since.
    01-25-17 10:55 AM
118 1234 ...