Please can anyone explain all these terms relative to the DTEK60? Which charger and cable comes with the device? Which does one need to purchase? I see type c listed as one of the features, I see quick charging as one, I hear one needs to buy one type over the other. I just need some.clarification so one knows what to order. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 06:49 AM

This is what I picked up...all work well
    11-05-16 07:09 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8ee6fa0ebc.jpg

This is what I picked up...all work well
    I bought the same cable and brand as you but in the 6 foot length and it didn't work.. It was saying 5 hours to complete charge etc. By the way when you hit 15% battery left plug it in and time it and let us know how long it took to charge with your QC3 setup... Thanks
    11-05-16 08:03 AM
    Please can anyone explain all these terms relative to the DTEK60? Which charger and cable comes with the device? Which does one need to purchase? I see type c listed as one of the features, I see quick charging as one, I hear one needs to buy one type over the other. I just need some.clarification so one knows what to order. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    The charger that comes with the phone only takes 55 minutes to charge from 15% to 100% so you really don't need to buy anything, as that's pretty fast as is...
    11-05-16 08:05 AM
    I bought the same cable and brand as you but in the 6 foot length and it didn't work.. It was saying 5 hours to complete charge etc. By the way when you hit 15% battery left plug it in and time it and let us know how long it took to charge with your QC3 setup... Thanks
    I bought a 6 footer as well that didn't fit. It was too loose. These are work well, 15 percent to 100 in about 45 minutes, car charger seems to be a little slower but quicker than any official BlackBerry micro USB charger I've had to charge a blackberry device
    11-05-16 09:55 AM
    Since the DTEK60 has USB type C port, you need at least one end of the cable to be USB Type C. On the other end I think you can either have the legacy type A connection or the new type C connection. Not all cables are designed equally. Some engineer at Google started reviewing cables on Amazon to let people know which cables are good, within spec, and which ones are bad, and possibly damage your phone. You can read more here, there's a link to a spreadsheet documenting that engineer's work rating cables: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/ho...-type-c-cables

As for the charger, that is what I believe determines how fast the DTEK60 will charge. Since the DTEK60 is capable of USB Quick Charge (QC) 3.0, you can charge up to 4x faster than a normal charger if you buy a charger with QC 3.0. Any phone capable of QC 3.0 should also work with chargers that have QC 2.0 and 1.0, backward compatible https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...n/quick-charge some more reading for QC 3.0 http://www.androidauthority.com/quic...lained-643053/ bottom line, if you want the fastest charging, get a charger labeled USB QC 3.0 compatible. If you don't need to charge more quickly, you can just get any charger as you would for phones without QC 3.0.
    gokulesh likes this.
    11-05-16 11:03 AM
    Just ordered these last night from blueshop.ca They have cheap ones for $2.99 but didn't want the risks of low quality/might not charge properly issues since I use OEM BlackBerry High Capacity (rapid) microUSB car chargers and want quality adapters.

So Samsung USB C to MicroUSB adapters it is!

Now with the free high speed Travel that came free with the bundle... I now have high speed/rapid chargers both for the home and car.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-3689.jpg  
    Last edited by qphone; 11-05-16 at 01:36 PM.
    11-05-16 12:37 PM
    You don't really need to pay for samsung name. I've bought two different non brand and they work fine. 3 for like $10. So I can keep one in car at work and at home.
    11-06-16 01:03 AM
    I've just done some homework and found that the DTEK60 ships with a USB c cable (c to a) they listed. Why are they giving a free Quick charge connector? Is it that the one that ships with the phone isn't a quick charger one? And what's the spec of the bonus one? QC 3 or QC 2???

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 06:21 AM
    I've just done some homework and found that the DTEK60 ships with a USB c cable (c to a) they listed. Why are they giving a free Quick charge connector? Is it that the one that ships with the phone isn't a quick charger one? And what's the spec of the bonus one? QC 3 or QC 2???

Posted via CB10
    The current bundle from shopblackberry.ca comes with a case and rapid wall charger. What comes in the DTEK60 box when you open it are headphones, the USB C Cable and the standard wall charger. Using the rapid one I recharged to full 100% in roughly 20-30 minutes. Didnt really follow it to closely and just noticed how fast it charged it up.

Also checked the back of the box and it's a Qualcomm QC (Quick Charge) 2.0
    Last edited by qphone; 11-06-16 at 09:14 AM.
    11-06-16 07:18 AM
    Qualcomm Quick Charger 2.0 that comes with the bundle
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-3745.jpg  
    11-06-16 09:16 AM
    Oh bless...That's exactly what I needed to know. The phone is said to be QC3 enabled/compatible, so that means we need to look to but a QC3 connector.....many thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 02:24 PM
    Does the quick charger come with international adapters?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 02:45 PM
    Does the quick charger come with international adapters?

Posted via CB10
    No, you have to buy those
    11-06-16 02:54 PM
    Oh bless...That's exactly what I needed to know. The phone is said to be QC3 enabled/compatible, so that means we need to look to but a QC3 connector.....many thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    With all this info about QC cables and finding the right chargers, does anyone know if the supplied QC2.0 - USB type C can be plugged into a laptop? Fearing the horror stories of wiping out the phone and/or laptop?
    11-06-16 04:38 PM
    No, you have to buy those
    What's the international adapter again? Are you referring to the wall socket connector?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 03:17 AM
    What's the international adapter again? Are you referring to the wall socket connector?

Posted via CB10
    Yes the wall socket connector attachments for different countries/continents you can buy from ShopBlackBerry the charger comes with the connector for your country only, so it will work where you live. If you travel you need to buy the attachment that will work with the place you are travelling too.
    11-07-16 08:10 AM
    Yes the wall socket connector attachments for different countries/continents you can buy from ShopBlackBerry the charger comes with the connector for your country only, so it will work where you live. If you travel you need to buy the attachment that will work with the place you are travelling too.
    Oh ok....then one just needs to buy a multi face connector to which you could plug in you default ones. Since that would accept the 3 major connector types....North American, European and British style connectors

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 10:50 AM
    What's the amp on this?
    The regular charger that comes with the 60 I have is 2.0 Amp seems to charge quick enough. Just trying to see what this does on top of the normal charger.
    11-07-16 11:43 AM
    wait I only see one. is this the rapid then? i only have one that has 5V 2AMP.
    11-07-16 12:28 PM
    Sorry had to delete and now after transferring the screenshots over to my PC via blutooth, here are all three again.
    *Off Topic* the latest Android CB app when posting pics/attachments doesn't work very well as some photos are uploaded in landscape when I shot them in portrait and when I tried to send all 3 attachments, only one that you saw showed up...oh well...thank goodness for computers to do things properly.
    DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-screenshot_20161107-100729-2.jpgDTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-screenshot_20161107-095922-2.jpg
    DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-img_20161107_1003451.jpg
    Last edited by qphone; 11-07-16 at 01:11 PM.
    littlebite76 likes this.
    11-07-16 12:43 PM
    hmm I am not getting this, why would they give you a charger that is less than the supplied charger. Wierd. The Supplied one is 2 Amp at 5V (which seems to quick charge fine) the extra charger only does 1.5 which is what my Playbook charger used to do.
    11-07-16 01:24 PM
    You are correct. The small one (5V/9V - 2A/1.67A) in the box that comes with the 60 has stronger specs vs the free bundled travel charger (5V/9V - 1.5A).

Whats up with this??????
    11-07-16 01:34 PM
    hmm I am not getting this, why would they give you a charger that is less than the supplied charger. Wierd. The Supplied one is 2 Amp at 5V (which seems to quick charge fine) the extra charger only does 1.5 which is what my Playbook charger used to do.
    Heck, even after checking just now, my BlackBerry (HC) high capacity microUSB car charger also has better specs than that bundled Qualcomm QC2 rapid charger...

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the specs are for the Qualcomm QC 3.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-4959.jpg  
    11-07-16 02:01 PM
    Heck, even after checking just now, my BlackBerry (HC) high capacity microUSB car charger also has better specs than that bundled Qualcomm QC2 rapid charger...

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the specs are for the Qualcomm QC 3.
    Here's something I picked up. You may have read it somewhere too... I started this topic cos I'm interested in knowing the real values of QC3 and which ones BlackBerry offers with the device. If QC3 will charge in 20mins, then there's no point waiting 55mins....lol. I'm just for clarification so I don't get short-changed. If what they've provided is QC2 and the device could go a step further, then it'd be great to get the accessories to aid that.
    DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-img_20161107_213211.png

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 02:37 PM
40 12