any significant difference when opening apps compared to the Dtek50? any other notable difference between the two in terms of power?
    *not asking for specs but the overall feel
    I really liked how DTEK50 felt in terms of performance. PRIV and DTEK60 are faster (i feel) from a launching apps perspective. I did not spend a ton of time on DTEK50, but it is an upgrade from the DTEK50. However, if you are not trying to play games or do anything crazy like heavy editting videos, images etc. you will probably not see the performance increase from DTEK60.

it really does depend on what you are doing on the phone ...or want to be doing with your phone.
    the brother likes this.
    10-25-16 11:54 AM
    Is there any reason why DTEK50 is not eligible for 24/7 support like the Priv, and will DTEK60 follow that?
    that is actually a great question....which i dont have an answer too. Let me get back to you on this.
    10-25-16 11:56 AM
    would it be having the ddr4 or ddr3 thanks?
    DDR4
    zocster and the brother like this.
    10-25-16 12:00 PM
    that is actually a great question....which i dont have an answer too. Let me get back to you on this.
    Thanks... I think that's an important selling point over the Chinese phones which people keep and will compare these phones to. Media has been going on and on how this is a rebranded TCL.
    10-25-16 12:05 PM
    Available on Amazon when??
    You don't get ANY warranty support going the Amazon route just so you know.

Neither BlackBerry or Amazon will honor the 1 year warranty.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    10-25-16 12:05 PM
    Camera speed and low light performance vs the priv?
    it will perform more in line with DTEK50 with regards to speed. If you have not had a chance to use one, it has zero shutter lag so when you press the "capture" button, it takes the picture. PRIV the methodology was to ensure a "best picture/focus" then take the shot. This causes a bit of a delay vs DTEK50/60. However, now there is a higher chance of blur...but at least you get the picture. (taking picture of kids is much more easier on the DTEKs vs PRIV...IMHO)

low light performance....i prefer PRIV

PRIV takes awesome photos/videos
    10-25-16 12:10 PM
    yes it will be capable!
    Thanks. That all I wanted to hear!

I ordered it this morning first thing!
    10-25-16 12:10 PM
    Will dtek60 be Google Daydream compatible?
    10-25-16 12:20 PM
    I ordered one first thing this morning too! Am anxious to see sample pictures taken with the Dtek60.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 12:21 PM
    Thanks... I think that's an important selling point over the Chinese phones which people keep and will compare these phones to. Media has been going on and on how this is a rebranded TCL.
    I do believe we tier our support. PRIV is considered a premium device and offers our full customer support.

DTEK50/60 may fall into other categories.

With regards to the rebranded TCL etc.

The best way i can describe the relationship is:

Imagine you want to go make some soup, so you go and get a can of (insert brand here) and open it up. Then tell your friends you made soup...

That may be how the media is talking about the relationship between BB and TCL.

What we are actually doing is...taking that can of soup...adding our spices, our own vegetables..maybe some meat. THEN serving it.

That plain can of soup will never be what we created.

...maybe i am just hungry and need to get some food.

but i am looking into the support question
    Greened, smcv, mithrazor and 3 others like this.
    10-25-16 12:34 PM
    I do believe we tier our support. PRIV is considered a premium device and offers our full customer support.

DTEK50/60 may fall into other categories.

With regards to the rebranded TCL etc.

The best way i can describe the relationship is:

Imagine you want to go make some soup, so you go and get a can of (insert brand here) and open it up. Then tell your friends you made soup...

That may be how the media is talking about the relationship between BB and TCL.

What we are actually doing is...taking that can of soup...adding our spices, our own vegetables..maybe some meat. THEN serving it.

That plain can of soup will never be what we created.

...maybe i am just hungry and need to get some food.

but i am looking into the support question
    I understand that, but mass market will keep comparing it, that's what I mean. The market isn't sure if BlackBerry is a good restaurant. And advertising that 24/7 support is a good spice to use.
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-25-16 12:39 PM
    Any reason why FM tuner is not enabled on the DTEK60 and can/will it eventually be made available through a software update?
    10-25-16 12:43 PM
    Any reason why FM tuner is not enabled on the DTEK60 and can/will it eventually be made available through a software update?
    I don't think this has one physically. This is based on the 950, not the Idol 4s. 950 does not have it in China either.
    10-25-16 12:44 PM
    Hi. Does the DTEK60 support FM radio? If not will this feature be added shortly? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 12:50 PM
    physical size is slightly larger than PRIV (by small amount, width it is the same as PRIV...
    It has been noticed here that the while both the Priv and the DTEK50 (50, not 60) are spec'd as 5.79 inches tall (147mm), the Priv is actually shorter by about an 1/8 inch, so that would make the Priv actually about 5.67 inches (143 mm)?

With the DTEK60 at 6.06 inches (153.9 mm) that would then make it about 0.4 inches taller than the Priv. Is that correct?
    10-25-16 01:04 PM
    Can you double tap to lock screen on the 60? Thanks
    10-25-16 01:04 PM
    it definitely compares to some flagship devices out there. I have had very good indoor and daylight results that equal the iPhone. Their lowlight is better, but DTEK60 is still good.

I am not on the camera team so i dont have absolute answers, but my personal testing...we do perform on par or better than the LG G5, HTC and Nexus 6P...

i "MAY" open a thread on some pictures i have taken with the DTEK60 if there is interest
    How does the DTEK60 camera compare to the Priv camera? Thanks for taking the time to do this DJ
    10-25-16 01:13 PM
    Unlikely as you would need a separate launcher or app for this..
    10-25-16 01:14 PM
    The Idol 3 actually had pretty reviews, and users on Amazon rated it pretty good to. But then I'm not sure the expectations are all that high on a $200 phone. I look at the TCL TVs on the market today and they don't seem to be seeing the level of customer satisfaction that an LG or Samsung do, or even a Vizio.
    10-25-16 01:24 PM
    Unlikely as you would need a separate launcher or app for this..
    I've this on dtek50. So it should work on the new device as well.
    10-25-16 01:25 PM
    Would you download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.aida64&hl=en

aida64 app tells you all about the phone

and see what camera module it has? imx230 imx240?
    10-25-16 01:28 PM
    Will dtek60 be Google Daydream compatible?
    not sure if it will be compatible...from what i understand about VR headsets, it should work. I use mine with carboard all the time. If the headset requires a wired connection like HDMI, there may be more issues.
    10-25-16 01:30 PM
    I've this on dtek50. So it should work on the new device as well.
    I stand corrected?

Do you have a screen shot of the setting?
    10-25-16 01:36 PM
    Utterly irrelevant question, but does DTEK actually mean anything? Is it an acronym or just 4 random letters?
    brian4591 likes this.
    10-25-16 01:42 PM
    DTAP to turn screen on/off on DTEK60
    10-25-16 01:44 PM
251 12345 ...