Or double-tap the screen.
    doesn't work.....it locks the phone and stops the you tube, frustrating.
    10-31-16 08:34 AM
    Do you have YouTube Red?
    10-31-16 08:38 AM
    Use OGYouTube or Firefox browser instead.
    10-31-16 08:39 AM
    I guess I'm not explaining this right....I want to play a you tube interview while I walk with my headphones.....I can't because the phone is in my pocket with an unlocked screen the movement stops the video and sound.....with my Passport I could press the screen lock key and everything works....not the case with Dtek60 I cannot figure out how to lock the screen without everything stopping.
    10-31-16 08:58 AM
    I guess I'm not explaining this right....I want to play a you tube interview while I walk with my headphones.....I can't because the phone is in my pocket with an unlocked screen the movement stops the video and sound.....with my Passport I could press the screen lock key and everything works....not the case with Dtek60 I cannot figure out how to lock the screen without everything stopping.
    Yes, both of my solutions will work.
    10-31-16 09:13 AM
    If you're trying to play a YouTube video in the background, the only way I know how to do that is YouTube Red.
    10-31-16 09:32 AM
    I want to add a picture to the DTEK60 picture posting forum but cannot figure out how to do it on my DTEK60 phone. Any suggestions?
    10-31-16 09:53 AM
    Thanks, BB-JAM215. I will take a look.
    10-31-16 09:54 AM
    If you're trying to play a YouTube video in the background, the only way I know how to do that is YouTube Red.
    Firefox browser or OGYouTube.
    10-31-16 10:02 AM
    Thanks. What softwares version of the BlackBerry Camera does the Dtek60 have? My PRIV has 2.0.0.5661. Is there a different app entirely for the Dtek60?
    10-31-16 10:10 AM
    Anyone able to help me in this thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1090226

Please and thank you!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 10:19 AM
    Thanks. What softwares version of the BlackBerry Camera does the Dtek60 have? My PRIV has 2.0.0.5661. Is there a different app entirely for the Dtek60?
    Same.
    10-31-16 10:27 AM
    I didn't see this mentioned in the specs, but does the 60 support Bluetooth MAP and A2DP? In fact, it doesn't state much under Bluetooth.

Your Z30 works flawlessly on my QNX-based Uconnect and I was hoping not to lose that capability.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Hello,

Sorry for my lack of responses recent... been a busy week. But thank you for those that have provided feedback. I will try to respond to some of the questions i noticed were missed.

(it seems already some of you have the device... which is great to see

With regards to Bluetooth, you will be happy to hear that DTEK60 supports all 3 message types (email, sms, mms) and most def supports A2DP

(I just did the free 30 day trial for Spotify and I love it!!...makes BT audio even more worth it if your vehicle supports the feature.)

We also support AVRCP 1.5 with browsing and play list....FYI

Thanks,
    10-31-16 10:50 AM
    This might not be the right place to ask but is there or will there be a way to use the virtual keyboard as a track pad for placing the cursor around in text like the touch enabled physical keyboard? Or a way to have those little cursor movement arrows like what appear on screen above the Priv keyboard when it's double tapped on? I really like the ?123 key as the ctrl key for copy and paste and am eagerly awaiting getting my DTEK60

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:20 AM
    There is one feature that DTEK60 is missing in my books - AptX support. There is a reason for every quality Bluetooth speaker supporting AptX. Is there any chance that it will be added in the future software updates?

I admit that the lack of AptX did not prevent me from placing my order for DTEK60 yesterday but if you could add this feature it would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry for my lack of responses recent... been a busy week. But thank you for those that have provided feedback. I will try to respond to some of the questions i noticed were missed.

(it seems already some of you have the device... which is great to see

With regards to Bluetooth, you will be happy to hear that DTEK60 supports all 3 message types (email, sms, mms) and most def supports A2DP

(I just did the free 30 day trial for Spotify and I love it!!...makes BT audio even more worth it if your vehicle supports the feature.)

We also support AVRCP 1.5 with browsing and play list....FYI

Thanks,
    10-31-16 12:52 PM
    AptX ​IS curious missing item.... the codec should have been included and BlackBerry should add it in the next update.
    10-31-16 01:02 PM
    You want to watch a video while you're walking?
    10-31-16 01:32 PM
    I think he meant to 'listen' to the interview from YouTube while walking
    10-31-16 01:38 PM
    No. They want to listen to an interview on YouTube. The problem is that unlike the YouTube app on BlackBerry 10 OS, the Android YouTube app doesn't run in the background If you switch to another screen YouTube will stop playing. The solution is to either purchase a YouTube Red subscription or use another app or browser that will continue to run in the background.
    bb624 likes this.
    10-31-16 01:43 PM
    I have a few questions, I'm loving the phone so far its absolutley amazing (only 1 day haha) so my questions are:

1) how do i adjust and customize my quick setting menu? I can't seem to find anywhere to change or remove settings from it.
    2) also will there be a white theme keyboard coming? As used to be in BB10? and if you can add emoji ones too?
    3) is there a default file manager that i could use? I didn't seem to find it either though i could access my download to see it... so I downloaded a third party one but yea
    4)is there a way to make the volume controls specifically just for media? instead of switching to ringtone (I have the convenience key as the mute for ringtone thats why)

Thank you very much!! (i hope this is the right thread for it)
    11-01-16 11:03 AM
    Is BlackBerry Blend available for Dtek60? It's one of the features I love best in B10 and greatly used with my BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 12:17 PM
    Is BlackBerry Blend available for Dtek60? It's one of the features I love best in B10 and greatly used with my BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    No. And it is EOL for BB10 also.
    11-01-16 12:24 PM
    I have a few questions, I'm loving the phone so far its absolutley amazing (only 1 day haha) so my questions are:

1) how do i adjust and customize my quick setting menu? I can't seem to find anywhere to change or remove settings from it.
    2) also will there be a white theme keyboard coming? As used to be in BB10? and if you can add emoji ones too?
    3) is there a default file manager that i could use? I didn't seem to find it either though i could access my download to see it... so I downloaded a third party one but yea
    4)is there a way to make the volume controls specifically just for media? instead of switching to ringtone (I have the convenience key as the mute for ringtone thats why)

Thank you very much!! (i hope this is the right thread for it)
    1) This is for the DTEK50, but it should be the same: https://help.blackberry.com/en/dtek5...289555033.html
    2)
    3) There is one somewhere in the settings I think, but it's very basic.Solid Explorer is a popular File Manager.
    4) You'll probably want to keep the volume control as it is. Last time I checked there was still a bug with "Do Not Disturb" that leaves the ringer volume level stuck at zero.
    11-01-16 12:44 PM
    Cooking dash games keeps freezing, performance is very bad. No lags on iPhone 6. Any help? On 2 dtek 60 not one
    11-01-16 01:01 PM
    1) This is for the DTEK50, but it should be the same: https://help.blackberry.com/en/dtek5...289555033.html
    2)
    3) There is one somewhere in the settings I think, but it's very basic.Solid Explorer is a popular File Manager.
    4) You'll probably want to keep the volume control as it is. Last time I checked there was still a bug with "Do Not Disturb" that leaves the ringer volume level stuck at zero.
    Thanks for the reply! but for the quick setting, i dont see the pencil or whatever to edit anywhere, any idea?
    Last edited by CamposWaldo22; 11-01-16 at 04:01 PM.
    11-01-16 03:46 PM
251 ... 7891011