I anyone else having issues attaching their yahoo email account to the hub in DTEK60? I keep getting a security error stating the settings need to be authenticated. What is the issue?
    Yes, others have been having problem too: http://crackberry.com/unable-integra...ry-these-fixes
    10-29-16 12:18 PM
    Hi. I have BlackBerry DTEK60 since Thursday and I am experiencing only one problem. Whenever I make a call, I can't hear nothing when phone is on my ears but there is a sound over the speakers. Does anyone have this problem?
    Thanks
    10-29-16 01:49 PM
    Sound not as good as Z30? I thought it would be better on all fronts as it would be my Z30 replacement. That's a bit disappointing.
    It's a good replacement. My wife's DTEK50 is better than my old Z30. So the DTEK60 should be even better.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    naijab0y likes this.
    10-29-16 01:56 PM
    Hi. I have BlackBerry DTEK60 since Thursday and I am experiencing only one problem. Whenever I make a call, I can't hear nothing when phone is on my ears but there is a sound over the speakers. Does anyone have this problem?
    Thanks
    Sounds like a HW problem
    Run the BBVE test

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-29-16 02:36 PM
    Got the DTEK 60. Great phone.

1. Will there be a software update so that we can use the convenience key of the DTEK60 to capture photos in photo app? (as a shutter button)

2. Will there be a hard case released for the phone? The glass surface is too slippery. The soft case given away for free is kinda cheap and slimy. Ideally the hard case would have a soft-plastic touch to it Or a hard case with the glass weave like the Z30 or the PRIV - that would be amazing.
    10-29-16 02:41 PM
    Thanks
    The speaker isn't behind the glass. There are two speakers, one at the top edge and one at the bottom. Try turning up the volume or putting your ear near the top of the phone.
    10-29-16 02:42 PM
    The speaker isn't behind the glass. There are two speakers, one at the top edge and one at the bottom. Try turning up the volume or putting your ear near the top of the phone.
    Both front and back though.
    10-29-16 02:51 PM
    Got the DTEK 60. Great phone.

1. Will there be a software update so that we can use the convenience key of the DTEK60 to capture photos in photo app? (as a shutter button)

2. Will there be a hard case released for the phone? The glass surface is too slippery. The soft case given away for free is kinda cheap and slimy. Ideally the hard case would have a soft-plastic touch to it Or a hard case with the glass weave like the Z30 or the PRIV - that would be amazing.
    The free leather case I got in England is excellent. Very clever what it can do with the phone in the pouch.
    10-29-16 03:11 PM
    Sounds like a HW problem
    Run the BBVE test

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    It sure is. I talked to BlackBerry tech support and they test by the phone app with some code. The speakers doesn't work on ear but only work on loud speakers. I already started refund process and it was hell going through them over the refund process. Thanks for the help guys.
    10-29-16 04:03 PM
    Hello,

I just loaded up a fresh device without Google services... you can:

1. make a phone call
    2. use BlackBerry apps such as Hub, Calendar, Notes etc.
    3. take pictures and store them on the device.
    4. View pictures
    5. Browse the web using Chrome
    6. Chat via SMS and BBM
    7. Change the wallpaper

Loading apps would not be possible unless you sideload them or download .apk files off the web (which i highly do not recommend)

so yes you can definitely use the phone without Google services. You just miss out on back up, syncing, services, apps etc.
    ...so what's the purpose of buying this phone then if you have no access to Android appstore? One might as well continue using z30 like I do, it's bb10 and as yet I've experienced no problems..
    10-29-16 04:26 PM
    ...so what's the purpose of buying this phone then if you have no access to Android appstore? One might as well continue using z30 like I do, it's bb10 and as yet I've experienced no problems..
    Well, the intended use of an Android phone is to use Google, so...
    10-29-16 06:20 PM
    But without the bloat, without Google owning you and stalking every action.

It might run better and without the overheard, the Google-tax.

How many OS's choices are there? Surely not M$ and iOS only runs on Apple.

Actually, the Amazon Prime BLU phone is quite good. Picked up ad-free BLU R2 HD 2/16 as backup and because it's dual-sim along with sd card, $99. You won't use for photography, but as phone?
    10-29-16 06:50 PM
    You can use Amazon app store if you trust Amazon more than Google.
    10-30-16 03:58 AM
    much much faster capture speed. low light performance is approximately the same as Priv. (minus the OIS though)
    It seems that the DTEK60, despite 21MP and 8MP cameras, is actually worse than earlier models like the Priv and Passport.

I have had both the Passport SE and the Priv, and they both take great pictures with their rear-facing cameras, although their selfie cams are poor. I was hoping the DTEK60 would be better, but I guess not.

It's sad; sounds like the DTEK60 is an epic fail... I don't understand why BlackBerry doesn't understand that quality cameras are essential, particularly with newer younger consumers. Sounds like the DTEK60 is the nail in the coffin for BlackBerry. Very sad.
    10-30-16 09:12 AM
    Well, the intended use of an Android phone is to use Google, so...
    that's what I'm trying to convince myself of: the only reason why I'll most likely give up my z30 will be access to android appstore which implies I must use Google services..no reason to buy Dtek and switch off Google services...
    10-30-16 09:18 AM
    that's what I'm trying to convince myself of: the only reason why I'll most likely give up my z30 will be access to android appstore which implies I must use Google services..no reason to buy Dtek and switch off Google services...
    And with Cobalt's workaround, you could have access to several of the Android apps your missing on your Z30 without giving up BB10. It all depends on what you're looking for.
    10-30-16 05:45 PM
    I set up all my accounts in the Hub app and ignored suggestions that I use the GMail app. I don't use any optional Google apps or services except for the Play Store. I don't find the overall experience all that different from BB10 and Google Services doesn't seem to be much of an issue.
    10-30-16 06:13 PM
    It seems that the DTEK60, despite 21MP and 8MP cameras, is actually worse than earlier models like the Priv and Passport.

I have had both the Passport SE and the Priv, and they both take great pictures with their rear-facing cameras, although their selfie cams are poor. I was hoping the DTEK60 would be better, but I guess not.

It's sad; sounds like the DTEK60 is an epic fail... I don't understand why BlackBerry doesn't understand that quality cameras are essential, particularly with newer younger consumers. Sounds like the DTEK60 is the nail in the coffin for BlackBerry. Very sad.
    What the fk. Go buy a iPhone 7plus, S7 or a Pixel. And pay $500 Canadian ($300 USD) more than DTEK60
    A lot of money for a minimal noticeable difference in camera.
    You are forgetting that BlackBerry is only targeting business or Government organizations. You do know that right?
    These phones are to be a full service ecosystem for their business software only.
    10-30-16 06:20 PM

I want a good camera but I'm not looking for an outstanding one, otherwise I'd buy a camera not a phone.I doubt if BlackBerry is aimed at the younger market but older business types. I find the 60 an excellent, fast, all round phone. Only drawback for me is that it's slippery but I'll probably get used to that and use a case too.
    10-30-16 06:25 PM
    Send back to Blackberry. Problem solved...simple
    10-30-16 07:28 PM
    How do you lock the screen without locking the phone?.....I tried listening to a you tube with my headphones while walking...but couldn't because the screen doesn't lock....or at least I can't figure out how to do it.
    10-31-16 07:51 AM
    How do you lock the screen without locking the phone?.....I tried listening to a you tube with my headphones while walking...but couldn't because the screen doesn't lock....or at least I can't figure out how to do it.
    Hit the power button quickly.
    bb624 likes this.
    10-31-16 07:55 AM
    Hit the power button quickly.
    Or double-tap the screen.
    bb624 likes this.
    10-31-16 08:00 AM
    I want a good camera but I'm not looking for an outstanding one, otherwise I'd buy a camera not a phone.I doubt if BlackBerry is aimed at the younger market but older business types. I find the 60 an excellent, fast, all round phone. Only drawback for me is that it's slippery but I'll probably get used to that and use a case too.
    What he said
    10-31-16 08:03 AM
    Thank you!! so easy
    10-31-16 08:11 AM
251 ... 678910 ...