Will the sim in my Classic work with the DTEK 60?
    10-26-16 10:13 AM
    Yes, they both use a nano SIM.
    10-26-16 10:15 AM
    How does the screen brightness compare to other phones? My main concern is it's AMOLED and the Priv didn't have that bright of a display.
    10-26-16 10:38 AM
    This is for DeehayBB - given that BlackBerry is leaving the phone hardware business - will the monthly updates continue to be pushed out by BlackBerry for the Priv, 50, and 60?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 11:10 AM
    This is for DeehayBB - given that BlackBerry is leaving the phone hardware business - will the monthly updates continue to be pushed out by BlackBerry for the Priv, 50, and 60?

Posted via CB10
    Of course. The software has to be continually developed for the future licence partners too.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    10-26-16 11:41 AM
    Can someone explain why the dtek60 is producing much worse photos in standard indoor lighting than my passport. I can't get this camera to focus well

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 01:39 PM
    Is there anywhere I can physically experience the device before I buy it?
    10-26-16 01:52 PM
    Of course. The software has to be continually developed for the future licence partners too.
    That might depend on if there are anymore than the one licensee... and how long those licensee, remain partners.

It will require them to accomplish something that BlackBerry has not been able to do..... sell phones.

Might work in Indonesia due to their import tariffs and content regulations... But then Smartfren, Advan, Evercoss, Axioo, Polytron and Himax seem to be focused on the sub $100 market, which I doubt BlackBerry's quality control will allow.

For most Indonesian, BlackBerry was BIS. If BB10 taught them anything, it was that BlackBerry had lost their way. Now someone has to explain that these new phone still aren't the old BlackBerry, and it's not the BB10 BlackBerry. It's Android... just like most every phone sold there, only it's got some secret sauce. But if Indonesian don't want secret sauce, will the licensee pay for it?

I don't think Indonesia, India or Chia are markets where Enterprise grade Security is going to be the top selling point.... it simple just a matter of the NAME.

Now if a North American player shows up, and start talking about fleet devices... then you would expect a continuation of sauce making.
    JeepBB and BB-JAM215 like this.
    10-26-16 02:04 PM
    Is there anywhere I can physically experience the device before I buy it?
    There are so far no Carrier's selling this phone.
    10-26-16 02:06 PM
    Can someone explain why the dtek60 is producing much worse photos in standard indoor lighting than my passport. I can't get this camera to focus well

Posted via CB10
    Most reports are it works great... I'd play with it a while, see if other report any issue. Might just be you got a bad one.
    10-26-16 02:08 PM
    I had a few problems with the priv. Namely, it tended to heat up quite often, especially when I use apps like Google maps. Another problem I had was the device constantly had problems reading my SD card.

I love using the blackberry software, I just hope they iron out these problems with the Dtek60. Should they do that I'm fully on board with the new device.
    10-26-16 02:30 PM
    I had a few problems with the priv. Namely, it tended to heat up quite often, especially when I use apps like Google maps. Another problem I had was the device constantly had problems reading my SD card.

I love using the blackberry software, I just hope they iron out these problems with the Dtek60. Should they do that I'm fully on board with the new device.
    Heating up was more a Lollipop and the chosen processor issue.... but it still happens with most Android phones using games with a lot of graphics. Marshmallow help many PRIV owners.

SD Card... ?

I think you should be happy with the DTEK60... but give it a month and see what users say about it over time.
    10-26-16 02:35 PM
    There are so far no Carrier's selling this phone.
    I was wondering if BlackBerry will show this phone off at events in major cities like say Toronto?
    10-28-16 02:32 PM
    I was wondering if BlackBerry will show this phone off at events in major cities like say Toronto?
    There was a rumor that they put off the pre-launch for some marketing plans.... but you know how rumors are.
    10-28-16 02:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haven't had this issue.. perhaps you should check to see if there is a camera update? if not maybe it is HW.
    10-28-16 03:39 PM
    How the heck do you change notifications? The default folder can't be found and so custom sounds can't be dropped into it?????
    10-28-16 04:20 PM
    it will perform more in line with DTEK50 with regards to speed. If you have not had a chance to use one, it has zero shutter lag so when you press the "capture" button, it takes the picture. PRIV the methodology was to ensure a "best picture/focus" then take the shot. This causes a bit of a delay vs DTEK50/60. However, now there is a higher chance of blur...but at least you get the picture. (taking picture of kids is much more easier on the DTEKs vs PRIV...IMHO)

low light performance....i prefer PRIV

PRIV takes awesome photos/videos
    Thanks very much for the opinion!

I have the Priv and love the 18MP rear camera as it takes amazing photos. I think the OIS and Schneider-Kreuznach lens really help. The 2MP front cam�ra is mediocre however.

Is the DTEK60 a step up or down?
    10-29-16 10:22 AM
    When is Nougat coming for the DTEK60?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 10:30 AM
    it definitely compares to some flagship devices out there. I have had very good indoor and daylight results that equal the iPhone. Their lowlight is better, but DTEK60 is still good.

I am not on the camera team so i dont have absolute answers, but my personal testing...we do perform on par or better than the LG G5, HTC and Nexus 6P...

i "MAY" open a thread on some pictures i have taken with the DTEK60 if there is interest
    YES PLEASE! The quality of the DTEK60 cameras is critical to my decision whether to upgrade from the Priv. The 18MP camera on the Priv is great, but the 2MP Selfie camera is poor. How do the DTEK60 cameras compare to other BlackBerry models, as well as to the S7, the iPhone7, and the HTC 10?
    10-29-16 10:31 AM
    I anyone else having issues attaching their yahoo email account to the hub in DTEK60? I keep getting a security error stating the settings need to be authenticated. What is the issue?
    10-29-16 10:37 AM
    When is Nougat coming for the DTEK60?

Posted via CB10
    The hardening of Nougat will be completed between Dec and Feb according to BlackBerry.
    10-29-16 10:40 AM
    thanks exactly what my question was about but wrong wording i am asking if i could set up the bb and other stuff without depending much on the gmail, hangout and all those services i don't need them running background, i use mostly windows services but there is no other options left my Z30 is aging 10os visibility uncertain;
    10-29-16 11:03 AM
    One for people who rely on customising the notifications LED. Has anyone found a anything that enables Notification LED to be changed to anything other than red?
    10-29-16 11:13 AM
    One for people who rely on customising the notifications LED. Has anyone found a anything that enables Notification LED to be changed to anything other than red?
    The LED itself is only red.

DTEK60 / Z30
    10-29-16 11:18 AM
    I anyone else having issues attaching their yahoo email account to the hub in DTEK60? I keep getting a security error stating the settings need to be authenticated. What is the issue?
    Yes, other have been having problem too: http://crackberry.com/unable-integra...ry-these-fixes
    10-29-16 12:18 PM
251 ... 56789 ...