I notice since outsourcing their hardware BB is not specifying what antennae is being used on their new models. It would be nice if we knew whether each model has a Paratek installed or not. Clear call quality was a big BB hardware advantage and Paratek was a big part of the reason why.
    10-25-16 03:26 PM
    Ok, here is what may be a very bone question; I have just ordered it on BlackBerry UK. It's being shipped to the UK from the US. Will it work on Vodafone?

Cheers
    10-25-16 03:31 PM
    Thanks. Will the sim from my Priv fit into the DTEK60?
    10-25-16 03:36 PM
    Two questions more related to BBM but thought I'd take a chance and ask anyway....

Any plans on introducing E2ee for BBM as a feature available to users who aren't in an EMM environment?

How often is general encryption key for BBM changed by BlackBerry?

If you can't answer these or want these moved to different thread I understand...
    10-25-16 03:37 PM
    Size is not far off Z30. Width is close. D60 a bit taller
    The DTEK60 is about 1/2 inch taller than the Z30:
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 questions?-dtek60-dtek50-z30.jpg  
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-25-16 03:38 PM
    Thanks. Will the sim from my Priv fit into the DTEK60?
    Yes. Both nano.
    10-25-16 03:38 PM
    Two questions more related to BBM but thought I'd take a chance and ask anyway....

Any plans on introducing E2ee for BBM as a feature available to users who aren't in an EMM environment?

If you can't answer these or want these moved to different thread I understand...
    I use BBM Protected without being on a BES. $42/yr CDN.
    10-25-16 03:39 PM
    Thanks.
    I think Bla1ze and DeeJayBB have both the phones. I'd like to know how does it feel in hand? Does it feel too big compared to dtek50?
    You're asking the BlackBerry guy if it feels "too big" ?
    10-25-16 03:40 PM
    Yes. Both nano.
    Thanks.
    10-25-16 03:46 PM
    Utterly irrelevant question, but does DTEK actually mean anything? Is it an acronym or just 4 random letters?
    I think it means it detects things. Detects-ick-sty

Posted via CB10
    Mirko935 likes this.
    10-25-16 03:50 PM
    Ok, here is what may be a very bone question; I have just ordered it on BlackBerry UK. It's being shipped to the UK from the US. Will it work on Vodafone?

Cheers
    I think the UK version is actually different hardware, so could be locally shipped or at least a distributor in Europe.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    10-25-16 04:09 PM
    The DTEK60 is about 1/2 inch taller than the Z30:
    The Z30 was the best!
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    10-25-16 04:10 PM
    Glad to see the red notification is back, but does the bundled leather pouch for UK buyers have the red stitching?
    10-25-16 04:23 PM
    I think the UK version is actually different hardware, so could be locally shipped or at least a distributor in Europe.
    I'm sure it will. That's what I'll be doing. I have a Vodafone sim. Good deal with the data.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    10-25-16 04:26 PM

Cheers
    When will you have it delivered? I'm thinking to order mine but prefer to see it first.
    10-25-16 04:37 PM
    No
    Hello,

I just loaded up a fresh device without Google services... you can:

1. make a phone call
    2. use BlackBerry apps such as Hub, Calendar, Notes etc.
    3. take pictures and store them on the device.
    4. View pictures
    5. Browse the web using Chrome
    6. Chat via SMS and BBM
    7. Change the wallpaper

Loading apps would not be possible unless you sideload them or download .apk files off the web (which i highly do not recommend)

so yes you can definitely use the phone without Google services. You just miss out on back up, syncing, services, apps etc.
    10-25-16 05:21 PM
    Thanks.
    I think Bla1ze and DeeJayBB have both the phones. I'd like to know how does it feel in hand? Does it feel too big compared to dtek50?
    I am holding a DTEK50 and DTEK60 right now and it is not that much of a difference (for me)

the width of the device size difference is so minimal you dont notice anything and the height of the device does not make a difference.

both devices feel very good in hand.
    10-25-16 05:31 PM
    Wireless charging??

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 05:33 PM

Cheers
    I am not the network band guru so i will be deferring your question to a colleague and get back to you. Looking at the network bands for Europe it should work on Voda. But i want to confirm before i replay with an answer.

stay tuned.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    10-25-16 05:36 PM
    Wireless charging??

Posted via CB10
    No
    10-25-16 05:37 PM
    I am holding a DTEK50 and DTEK60 right now and it is not that much of a difference (for me)

the width of the device size difference is so minimal you dont notice anything and the height of the device does not make a difference.

both devices feel very good in hand.
    Thanks - that helps
    So I might sell my dtek50 and order a dtek60.
    So anyone who wants a detek50 which is in very good condition pm me. We can work out something
    10-25-16 05:41 PM

I unfortunately do not work on anything BBM related, but i do know the team and i have forwarded your questions to see what answers they can provide (if any)

Thanks,
    10-25-16 05:42 PM

Do not use BBM as a secure route of communications, they are not open source and use a weak encryption.

Signal is the gold standard for messaging.
    10-25-16 05:51 PM
    Do not use BBM as a secure route of communications, they are not open source and use a weak encryption.

Signal is the gold standard for messaging.
    He's asking about BBM Protected without BES. I have it. It is full E2E encryption.
    10-25-16 06:08 PM
    He's asking about BBM Protected without BES. I have it. It is full E2E encryption.
    Still not open source which can not be audited.
    10-25-16 06:22 PM
251 ... 34567 ...