Camera speed and low light performance vs the priv?
    10-25-16 11:06 AM
    would it be having the ddr4 or ddr3 thanks?
    10-25-16 11:09 AM
    The Camera. Does it compare to any flagship device out there? I am sure you at BlackBerry have tried and compared it
    it definitely compares to some flagship devices out there. I have had very good indoor and daylight results that equal the iPhone. Their lowlight is better, but DTEK60 is still good.

I am not on the camera team so i dont have absolute answers, but my personal testing...we do perform on par or better than the LG G5, HTC and Nexus 6P...

i "MAY" open a thread on some pictures i have taken with the DTEK60 if there is interest
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-25-16 11:11 AM
    Sound not as good as Z30? I thought it would be better on all fronts as it would be my Z30 replacement. That's a bit disappointing.
    10-25-16 11:12 AM
    it definitely compares to some flagship devices out there. I have had very good indoor and daylight results that equal the iPhone. Their lowlight is better, but DTEK60 is still good.

I am not on the camera team so i dont have absolute answers, but my personal testing...we do perform on par or better than the LG G5, HTC and Nexus 6P...

i "MAY" open a thread on some pictures i have taken with the DTEK60 if there is interest
    Ofcourse there is!
    bring it on!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-25-16 11:12 AM

Go on, I'll make it a sticky
    10-25-16 11:13 AM
    I thought it would be better on all fronts as it would be my Z30 replacement. That's a bit disappointing.
    The speakers are very good as noted.
    Don't think they will be too much of a disappointment as such

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-25-16 11:13 AM
    what about VoLTE and wifi calling? will this be compatiable with those on TMOUS and ATT?
    10-25-16 11:14 AM
    Will any carriers in Canada be selling the phone, specifically Rogers?
    I'm definitely wondering this as well, but about Telus. My contract is up and this is exactly what I am looking for. Been anticipating it since the first rumors were out.
    10-25-16 11:18 AM
    What makes the DTEK50 different from the DTEK60 and Priv that it doesn't support picture password?
    speaking as a non-developer here no difference...it was more of a timing risk and porting effort to a new device. I will be doing whatever i can to ensure in a future update i will get PP back into a DTEK50....unless a developer tells me no
    10-25-16 11:20 AM
    what about VoLTE and wifi calling? will this be compatiable with those on TMOUS and ATT?
    More specifically will T-Mobile USA allow the DTEK to make use of band 12, VoLTE, and WiFi calling?

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    10-25-16 11:22 AM
    I was going to buy a Priv, but then the DTEK60 came out, so now I can't decide which one to buy, any recommendations?

Posted via CB10
    Wait a few months and see if Mercury actually comes out.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 11:23 AM
    Will any carriers in Canada be selling the phone, specifically Rogers?
    I dont believe carriers will be taking it immediately, there is an extremely long process that is involved for carriers to accept devices. (we talking almost a year in advance)

Currently only through shop BB, and various suppliers are you going to get the device. Carriers "MAY" pick this up later...but i am not sure...sorry dont have a great answer for this one. Ill poke around and see what i can find out
    the brother likes this.
    10-25-16 11:25 AM
    I dont believe carriers will be taking it immediately, there is an extremely long process that is involved for carriers to accept devices. (we talking almost a year in advance)

Currently only through shop BB, and various suppliers are you going to get the device. Carriers "MAY" pick this up later...but i am not sure...sorry dont have a great answer for this one. Ill poke around and see what i can find out
    Will DTEK60 be capable of upgrade to N when BlackBerry is ready to release ??
    10-25-16 11:28 AM
    Hello all,

With the official release and Bla1Ze review out, I noticed a few folks had some questions in the comments. Now that i can provide "official" answers.

I have some time to take some questions you have about the DTEK60. I cant promise the best answers, but i am happy to try

My personal opinion on this phone. The design is great, the specs are more than enough for a power user....(and a mobile gamer??) I love the glass back and the design changes we have made to make it "more BlackBerry" such as the dark grey/brown color with darker grey bezel. Looks great!!

Screen is amazing as well, very bright and sharp. Watching videos on this screen is awesome! Sound...is also very good..(not Z30 or Passport good - those devices had such good speakers)

another reason why i am a fan of this device is because the hardware specs are good, it compliments our software perfectly. You really get the feeling of how the BB software was meant. You also see this with PRIV in many regards.

but yeah...
    any significant difference when opening apps compared to the Dtek50? any other notable difference between the two in terms of power?
    *not asking for specs but the overall feel
    10-25-16 11:33 AM
    Already answered: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12639084
    10-25-16 11:34 AM
    Does it available in india?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 11:38 AM
    Is the smudging as bad as the priv?
    And how s the heating on the phone?
    Posted via CB10
    you mean finger print smudging?? it will smudge...its glass..but not that bad...#greasyfingerproblems

with regards to heat, it seems to manage heat better than the PRIV. More in line with DTEK50 (i mean it doesn't have a slider..easier to cool)

it still gets "Android device" hot...but seems manage the heat quite well.
    the brother likes this.
    10-25-16 11:39 AM
    Said they were working on it but just wanted to hear of it is capable from BlackBerry directly. I know it is but just want to confirm it will be eventually..
    10-25-16 11:40 AM
    Available on Amazon when??
    10-25-16 11:42 AM
    Said they were working on it but just wanted to hear of it is capable from BlackBerry directly. I know it is but just want to confirm it will be eventually..
    And I'm pretty sure the answer based on that would be "they can't tell."
    10-25-16 11:44 AM
    Is there any reason why DTEK50 is not eligible for 24/7 support like the Priv, and will DTEK60 follow that?
    10-25-16 11:47 AM
    people still use the phone...to make calls?? i mean yes supports VoLTE and Wifi calling. will have to get back to you about TMO and ATT.
    10-25-16 11:47 AM
    yes it will be capable!
    10-25-16 11:48 AM
    yes it will be capable!
    Priv too?
    Mirko935 and 00stryder like this.
    10-25-16 11:53 AM
251 1234 ...